Metal

willowisp

Guy out of Static X? Bald head? Epic beard? That was him! Real party atmosphere, everyone was grinning while getting battered in the pit, and a nice touch was they did a few little short covers of British band's songs. Max walked off at the end, just before we all turned to go the rest of the band burst into "The Trooper"!

I'm jealous!!!

Probot feat. Max Cavalera - Red War

Probot is Dave Grohls side project in which he teamed up with his inspirations, fucking awesome track!

Will Haven - Carpe Diem

Edited by bilZ
  • Like 1

official stream of the latest converge album. would have put this in hardcore but i think they straddle both.

whilst the first song is good i would skip straight to number two at 2.23 :punk:

Edited by Cured
  • Like 1

Converge has a hardcore grounding but crosses over into various kinds of metal, even progressive metal. Brilliant band.

Talking about prog metal, Stolen Babies just released their new album, and they're fucking amazing.

never heard of them before eddie, they remind me of daughters a little or fall of troy or maybe duck duck goose. Not really too into this style of metal but i appreciate the bonkers frenzy of it.

most of the metal i like has either a stoner or hardcore grounding

Edited by Cured

Stolen Babies is a bit like Mr Bungle or Fishbone, but with a mega woman singer. Apparently very watchable live, with theatrics and all sorts of stylishness. The drummer was in Fishbone and Dillinger Escape Plan, lots of other connections such as Puscifer/Tool.

Edited by Eddiesilence

A bit like Mr Bungle or Fishbone, but with a mega woman singer. Apparently very watchable live, with theatrics and all sorts of stylishness. The drummer was in Fishbone and Dillinger Escape Plan, lots of other connections such as Puscifer/Tool.

ah man fishbone played near me not so long ago. My strict gig pricing policy meant it was a little too expensive so i bailed, would have loved to have seen these live though.

i was 11 when this came out. one of the albums thatchanged how i looked at music

• Like 1

Man, gutted I never got to see Fishbone either, Angelo Moore is a legendary frontman. 'Give a Monkey a Brain' is in my top ten albums, easily. Favourite track 'Black Flowers' doesn't half remind me of Thin Lizzy. The drum playout on 'Servitude' is one of my favourite drum bits too. Super vibey.

Edited by Eddiesilence

:rofl:

Metal fans aren't regarded as the coolest, but it's a mistake. We're extremely cool. The world looks at metal fans with a sense of pity which is actually due to Kiss; a pity which the rest of Kiss rightly has for Gene Simmons.

Edited by Eddiesilence
  • Like 2

Man, gutted I never got to see Fishbone either, Angelo Moore is a legendary frontman. 'Give a Monkey a Brain' is in my top ten albums, easily. Favourite track 'Black Flowers' doesn't half remind me of Thin Lizzy. The drum playout on 'Servitude' is one of my favourite drum bits too. Super vibey.

Yeah but i bet you got to see some incredible bands in your time and from the best position possible, stage side.

i'm sure i saw you guys play once but i still can't rememeber after two years of being on the site where the hell it was. did you ever play a place called tj's in newport by any chance? it was legendary (even had it on the sign), rumoured to be where kurt cobain proposed to courtney love :headpain:

Metal fans aren't regarded as the coolest, but it's a mistake. We're extremely cool. The world looks at metal fans with a sense of pity which is actually due to Kiss; a pity which the rest of Kiss rightly has for Gene Simmons.

i'm sure i saw you guys play once but i still can't rememeber after two years of being on the site where the hell it was. did you ever play a place called tj's in newport by any chance? it was legendary (even had it on the sign), rumoured to be where kurt cobain proposed to courtney love :headpain:

Yeah, we played TJ's in April 2001. Lostprophets were playing in Cardiff the same night, and they were on the rise and creating a great buzz, so it was a tough choice. But the cool people with the credibility all came down to TJ's. :smoke:

• Like 1