BUDDA ROOM

BLUERIZLA1979

Hey everyone,

ive had a BUDDA ROOM ( budbox/tent) scince xmas which the missis kindly brought me ( so she could gain more or her wardrobe back )

im really not to sure about it tho and thought id put it to the masses to see if anyone else rates or hates these things.

money at the time was tight hence buying what we now have.

does anyone no how good the maylar is inside these tents as im convinced since i switched over my plants and buds are getting smaller.

that could also be to do with my bulb which is now comming on for 5 months old philips 250watt hps.

if anyone else is using this tent some tips on how to keep things cooler than 30.8 would be nice as well as im having trouble with that also. i have a 4 inch fan sucking air out and a 4 inch fan blowing air in with a tower fan inside and its still peeking at 30.

any ideas, points of view please feel free to say

peace dudes

inside the tent, ive put the intake and the out take close to the light to get rid of heat

post-67964-0-55100200-1337603061_thumb.jpg

Guest candy man

Alright mate. My brvr has one. I believe but dont quote me on it that all mylar products have high reflectivity. U can get better versions i.e. the diamond mylar.

He has no probs with his tent. Now as for the bulb. I replace my 400w dual pec every grow but that just me. I would say IMO that ur bulb is coming to an end soz :(.

If u dont mind me asking

.were was the tent purchased

.did it have a high chemicaly smell in it when u constructed

.Have u every thought of upgrading from a 250w to a 400w u gt much much better results

( popular auction site £60 refletor/bulb/maxibright ballast)

• Like 1

Guest candy man

Brv didnt read the thread proper lol.

Your extraction and intake shouldnt be the same. 5" ex to a 4" intake.

Now if money is tight open vents at the bottom of the tent and buy another 4" CF (£18) have 2x4" CF extracting from your tent with passive intake. U will have to get the right amount of flaps or ports open/closed to achieve negative pressure. But then your heat probs will never bother u again.

O yh were u intaken and extracting to???

Guest candy man

If u have got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ upgrade from that TURBOTUBE. Run passive intake and get ur self a 5" airteq fan. Poors mans RUCK shit hot bit of kit. U can get A 5"airteq fan (386m3/hr),5" rhino (500m3/hr),ducting and clips for £117 off popular auction sites. Be like having launch control in your home lol. Trouble with the TT range is that there not designed to push/pull hard plus your 4" only has a 187m3/hr rating and that before u have a CF on it.

Hope that helps.(mouth full lol)

Alright mate. My brvr has one. I believe but dont quote me on it that all mylar products have high reflectivity. U can get better versions i.e. the diamond mylar.

He has no probs with his tent. Now as for the bulb. I replace my 400w dual pec every grow but that just me. I would say IMO that ur bulb is coming to an end soz :(.

If u dont mind me asking

.were was the tent purchased

.did it have a high chemicaly smell in it when u constructed

.Have u every thought of upgrading from a 250w to a 400w u gt much much better results

( popular auction site £60 refletor/bulb/maxibright ballast)

hey man, the tent was brought from some site, i really dont no as i wasnt the one who brought it, but yes, it smelt a lil odd and i left my fans running in there for a few days to try and get rid of it,

i amthinking of going up to a 400, altho right now im stuggling with temps at a 250 !

i think investing in more fans might be the answer

• Like 1

Guest candy man

YH upgraded is always good. Now the smell u smelt was a toxin. As we all now china is smashing out copys of everything and sad to say aswell as grow tents. From what ive heard and read is that if it was a poor copy u wouldnt be able to grow anything in there so leaning on bulb brv. Try the passive intake and 2x extractions be like a vortex in your tent and nice cool temps.

Peace :king:

the room in question

Get that extension lead off your ballast unless u like FIRES :russian:

lol its not touching my good man. its close granted but its fine. apricate you poi ting that out tho and i will keep an eye on it.

I have opened the flaps at the bottom ( only place this tent has then and there a nightmare.) i had some hard drive fans which ive now placed over them to drag cold air into the tent. ill take a pic when me phones charged so you can see what im talking about. does anyone else think having my intake and outtake so close to each other is a good idea. my thinking behind it is to try and blow the hot air off the bulb and straight through the outtake.

Or would i be better off getting rid of the ducting and just let it suck air out from the top and draw cold air in from the bottom. lol the piss taking thing is there so close to being just right. sorry for the ramble. put a lil to much in my morning wake up this morning lol

I also use a new bulb everytime, i wouldnt bother with an intake fan as mentioned above just a better exhaust fan and youll get away with a 600 have a look at s&p fans very quiet with plenty of balls

Ive been using a 120 budbox for a couple of years with no probs except if you have a cf i would not use the plastic pole hangers as mine both snapped and nearly let a very heavy cf fall onto my crop.So definately beef up the hangers and the tent will serve you well.Oh and the zips are still working fine.

Good luck with the grow :smokin:

my first tent was one of those budda rooms ,and it was cheap and nasty it did the job but the poles and corner pieces were very weak and easily snapped the light baffles didnt really block the light the zips broke about 3 months in .i had to cover the tent in black materail to make sure it was light proof .as soon as i was able i binned it and bought two secret jardin DR and there the best tents by a mile imho ...so dont be fooled by the cheap price they are absolute shite and buy a well known branded tent it certainly makes life more easy . :yinyang:

e2a i had heat issues aswell never thought it could be linked to the tent but there you go .the mylar was thin from what i remember and ripped easily as i say i had to cover it in a black sheet as there was hundreds of pin prick light holes all over the tent and at night it glowed

Edited by Rufus Brown

Guest Default Attribute

I would consider moving the intake and extract duct apart a bit, there can't be much air circulation with them being that close, air will be coming straight out of one and going in the other without circulating round the tent.