Auto Mazar + Think Different

couchslouch

Not a bad idea, i will give it a try.

I have a question about scrog. Should i tie the nodes into the pot or i should just place the nodes-branches under the net in the right time?

As i saw in your california hash thread you did lst before put the net.

i did a bit of LST training before i moved them into the flower tent and under the net as they had grown quite big, but if you are growing in the flower tent then just grow them into the net i reckon

• 2 weeks later...

I have always wanted to do scrog but never give it ago, your diary a good example with nice clear pictures at the different stages. I would never think to pull all bottom growth off as late as 5 weeks but there you go, it works for you.

hi g chum

it worked out pretty well for this scrog - i decided quite late to put it into a scrog net which is why i trimmed so late. i think scrog has to be the best way to make the most of the available light as all the buds are within a short distance of the bulb. down side is you can't move them once they're in.

check my other diaries in my signature for my last two scrogs with photo period plants.

all the best

• 2 months later...

Dear couchslouch, hi my actual name is Frank and I've been reading your diaries on growing Auto mazar. After two failed attempts to grow mazar I'm a bit lost as this is my first attempt and reluctant to try again without seeking advice. So i wondered if I briefly explain what I did if you might kindly suggest the easiest and most effective way

of trying again. Third time lucky, fingers crossed.

As a complete novice on both attempts I followed the advice of a well intentioned friend who grows regularly but from cuttings rather than seeds. I placed the seeds in dampened toilet tissue in a sealed plastic carton and put them in the airing cupboard. Of the first six only four germinated and produced shoots about 3/4 of an inch.I planted these in small pots using coco fibre and layers of clay pebbles and watered them individuallly by pouring water into a tray and they watered themselves from the bottom up. I tested the PH balance and added PH down to attain a PH level of 5.00. I did not add any feed at this point. The pots were then put in a propagater under a 250 watt lamp on a 20 hour on and 4 hour off cycle.

I was told they would spend about 3 weeks like this before being transplanted in to larger pots and then placed under a 600 watt lamp. I first watered and fed them 10% of the full measure with canna coco 2 part solution. The shoots had 4 tiny leaves at this point. I watered and fed them 6 days later increasing the feed to 20%. at this stage several leaves had turned yellow and a couple of days later each plant had 2 yellow leaves and began to wilt and within a week all had failed and withered.

The second attempt lasted longer and the plants looked stronger but the result was the same.

Is there a better, "idiot proof" way of having a better chance of success maybe using compost?

I hope I have'nt gone on too much and would really appreciate any help and advice

I hope to hear from you and have another go in as simple a way as possible.

Thank and cheers for now. Frank

hey frank

bad luck fella - it doesn't sound like you were doing too much wrong so its hard to say what you should do differently.

in my experience i have found compost to be much easier than coco. there's less room for things going badly and quickly wrong and you can concentrate on other things apart form ph and ec etc. i've been using biobizz soils and ferts in my grows after this one and have got good results, although not without problems. if you start off with the biobizz allmix soil then mix it half and half with coco as it's too strongly fertilised for seedlings. they'll just need watering for the first few weeks, perhaps with some root stim and spray of something to prevent diseases. in soil you need to use a wet / dry cycle to make sure you don't over water causing the soil to waterlog and go off.

i think i will try the plant magic range of soil and ferts on my next grow. lots of people rate it on here and i'm ready for a change.

there's lots of good grow info on here, sometimes too much~!, but i'd look into your environment (keeping temp and humidity within a good range lights on and off) and common diseases and pest and preventative treatments (i've had pretty bad leaf spot fungus which has taken me ages to indentify).

if you start a diary and post questions and problems on the forums you'll get plenty of help. don't give up though as there is nothing like smoking your own herb ~! its like anything i guess - the more you do it the better you get at it.

all the best

Hi there couch.

A month ago i put 2 auto mazar and one super cali haze in soil. During the last 5 days i have serious problems with leaves. They getting very droopy about 7-8 hours before lights off.

When lights turn on their shape is back to normal.

One of the 2 mazar is in much worse condition than others. Her leaves are much more droopy and they getting yellowish, also the growth kinda stuned during those days.

There was a problem with the timer couple days ago so the light cycle kinda fucked up. For one day lights were on for 24/7 and next day lights were off for 8-9 hours instead of 6.

For sure that stresed them but i think (i am not sure) the leaves problem started before that.

I pulled up the lights first 10 cm and then 20 cm in case of light shock but not improved. Humidity and temperature are fine.

I read in some forum that when you grow in small pot, plant's leaves are drooping to protect themselves from the light, because of not enough space for the roots.

Plants are in 12 Lt pots so i dont think thats the problem, especially when they are only 30 days from seedling.

What do you think i should do? Should i repot or just wait to recover from stress?

Here are some photos, 5 hours before lights off. If someone can help i would apreciate it, Cheers.

This is the "sad" one

IMAG0149.jpg

The other one,

IMAG0150.jpg

All together. The super cali haze (the tall one) looking good

IMAG0147.jpg

Thats how they looked 5 days ago

27b.jpg

Edited by grobari

hi grobari

it definitely looks like some sort of shock - i managed to shock mine by getting the light too close too quickly and they took a good few days to recover. i'm not sure about the yellowing, but i think that when the plants get shocked they become more susceptible to diseases. it may be a leaf mold fungus but i'm not sure. i don't think you need bigger pots.

have a search for leaf mold fungus and see if you think you can identify the problem. i'd post something up in the sick plants section too to see if anyone else can help. i think i saw smurfyjesus post something similar with his automazar

all the best

• 8 months later...

Hi Couch, hopefully you see this. I'm about to start my first grow ever. They will be Think Different. Question, did you start your nutes from day 0? Did you pre charge the coco?

Thanks for replying Couch. I got them started, they all sprouted. Seedlings are showing their first "true leaves". They look healthy other than the cotyledons curling down... Is that normal?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi couch, I have seen a lot of auto growers use seedling feed for the first 2 weeks. Then veg feed for weeks 3 and sometimes week 4 as well. And then flowering feed through until the end with pK boost being used around weeks 7

By the way I noticed you had some bad luck on germination which i was sorry to hear about. How does a 5-pack of AutoMazar sound to try to make things right? I will send you a PM with my Dutch Passion email address and we can use that to chat

all the best, tony

Hi couch, I have seen a lot of auto growers use seedling feed for the first 2 weeks. Then veg feed for weeks 3 and sometimes week 4 as well. And then flowering feed through until the end with pK boost being used around weeks 7

By the way I noticed you had some bad luck on germination which i was sorry to hear about. How does a 5-pack of AutoMazar sound to try to make things right? I will send you a PM with my Dutch Passion email address and we can use that to chat

all the best, tony

They are few and far between, plant managers, who care about end users product experience, that can give that sort of service, from that kind of quality seed bank. It is for this very reason, after over 25yrs, they are still at the top of the genetic race !!.................and winning.......

• Like 1

The yellowing of the lower leaves is a cal/mag def in early growth window,.........are you cal/mag buffering your nute mix ?/....................is it tap water or RO water Couchers ??..........you have to feed from the start in coco,..........so a little nute burn combined with cal/mag def............all of which has now cleared with maturity.................check you coco run off, it should be 5.6 and 5.8 going in ?/..................looking good couch......nice work.........AM...

• 4 months later...