Auto Mazar + Think Different

couchslouch

here's my DP auto grow diary

here you can see 4 think different + 6 auto mazar (1 tucked at the top left). i started 7 of each in a damp paper towel, and 4 Think Different + 6 mazar cracked . the big ones were started 2 weeks ago and the small ones about 9 days, as my germ rates weren't the best.

they are in coco being hand fed house and garden coco grow (ec 1.2) + roots stim + zym, under a 400w MH in a dr90 . i'll transfer 9 into my dr120 in a week or so under a 1000w hps, and the other mazar will stay in the dr90 with a dinafem freebie to be scrogged under a 600w hps (temps permitting). temps are around 24 / 25 o C. lights were on for 24 hours until a few days ago, now down to 20 / 4

i'm looking forward to seeing what these autos can do with plenty of light !

i've just ordered a 5 pack of DP powerplant fems for my next crop, which i'll get going as soon as they arrive in my dr60 veg tent. i plan to veg these for about 6 / 7 weeks until the autos have finished then probably scrog them in the dr120.

post-40754-0-61635300-1336489254_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I can't wait to see auto's under a 1000 watt light. Thanks for posting this up, it will be really interesting to see.

yes ! - hopefully i can keep the temps down without making too much extractor fan noise. just about to sort out a silencer for vent. if it gets too much later on i'll have to go back down to a 600w

Edited by couchslouch

lets see if this does it....... :wink:

Edited by couchslouch

• 2 weeks later...

here's an update

still under the 400w MH. EC 1.5 ph 5.8. temps are 24 oC .the cups of water are there to up the humidity a little.

i'm thinking of transferring them to the 1000w HPS in the next few days - its been 3 weeks since germination (2 1/2 weeks for the little ones). what do you reckon tony ?

post-40754-0-92325300-1337273950_thumb.jpg

the mazar's are really showing great vigor, the TD are trailing behind a little. one of the TD's has always looked a little yellow and sickly, then overnight after the last feed she has really taken a turn for the worse - looks like nute burn ? no signs of this on the other plants tho ?

i'll probably sack this one and run with the others - so down to 3 TD from a pack of 7. shame but what can you do eh ?

post-40754-0-57019200-1337274094_thumb.jpg

Hi Couch, yes - I would get them under the big light about now, they will love it. They will probably also respond well to flora feed around this point as well, better to start them on a weaker feed to start with rather than risk giving them nute burn. Good luck with it all,

• Like 1

hi t

yeh i've been stepping up the ec slowly - was at 1.4 after adding the coco A+B then 1.5 when i'd added the rootstim + zym. i'm adding much less than the house and garden grow schedule recommends as my water is at EC 0.6.

is TD very sensitive to nutes ? the rest of the plants seem to be lapping it up

looking forward to seeing the action under the 1000w !

another question tony

if i was following a photo-period feed chart, which equivalent week would i be on at week 3 with the autos ? shall i use the recommended feed for week 2 or 3 of flowering, say ?

what week should i use a PK ?

thanks

another question tony

if i was following a photo-period feed chart, which equivalent week would i be on at week 3 with the autos ? shall i use the recommended feed for week 2 or 3 of flowering, say ?

what week should i use a PK ?

thanks

Hi couch, I have seen a lot of auto growers use seedling feed for the first 2 weeks. Then veg feed for weeks 3 and sometimes week 4 as well. And then flowering feed through until the end with pK boost being used around weeks 7

By the way I noticed you had some bad luck on germination which i was sorry to hear about. How does a 5-pack of AutoMazar sound to try to make things right? I will send you a PM with my Dutch Passion email address and we can use that to chat

all the best, tony

• Like 4

tony - thanks very much, that's very kind. i might put them out at my guerilla sites for an early outdoor crop.

4 weeks from seed

i now have 3 TD + 4 Mazar under the 1000w hps. its a new grow room so there's been a couple of teething problems - the first night i think they caught a chill from the intake which made them droopy and sad looking, but perked up after a couple of hours of pointing the vent down and not directly at the plants. then after a couple of days of growth they started to droop again, so i moved the light up a few more inches which seem to sort things. the 1000 w is pretty ferocious so its easy to get it too close.

temps have been between 25 - 28 o C even in this hot weather, using a high power 8" ruck out and 6" in, although its like been on a hovercraft deck when its belting away early afternoon.

the mazar's are really going for it and have healthy looking preflowers. the TD's are a little behind in growth (they are quite stunted compared to the mazar) and have not really started preflowering yet.

EC is back to 1.5 after dropping back to 1.4 for the last few feeds. PH has been at 5.8 but the guy in the local hydro shop told me that i needed to run at 5.6, here in south london as there are high concentrations of some minerals in the water which could prevent nut lock out.

post-40754-0-08574400-1337805688_thumb.jpg

the other 1 TD and 2 mazar have stayed under the 400w MH along with Dinafem Critical auto freebie (back left). these were started about 5 days after the others so i'll be changing over to a 400 or 600 hps (temp permitting) in the next few days. it'll be interesting to see how the DP autos perform in comparison to the Dinafem.

the TD has recovered really well from the nut burn.

post-40754-0-41556300-1337805887_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

next update - they've been on EC 1.4 ph 5.6, i've been giving them 0.5 p ml budXL for the last couple of days. temps have been about 28 / 29 oC during the day time, down to 25.5 when it cools down at night.

post-40754-0-90739400-1338473840_thumb.jpg

the mazar's have really gone for it, despite getting light shock

post-40754-0-30296400-1338473933_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

but the Think Different's don't seem to have recovered from the light shock and have stayed very squat and bushy

post-40754-0-50971500-1338474273_thumb.jpg

sorry - i can't get the rotation right

the DR90 is going very nicely - 2 mazar, 1 think different and a dinafem auto critical at the back left

post-40754-0-91328400-1338474327_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

since the plants seem not to have grown as much as i liked (probably because of light shock and a cold draft from the intake) i decided to put them through a scrog net to maximize the buds exposure to the light. bit extreme at this stage and a couple of branches have snapped, but hopefully they'll be ok

post-40754-0-53949400-1338474680_thumb.jpg

they've had an underskirt trim as well

post-40754-0-28172000-1338474732_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

update

its about 6 weeks. EC is at 1.6 , they're getting some PK now as well as the budXL. temps have been steady at 25 oC, humidity is between 30 and 40 %

the scrog net is really filling out now, theres still a little stretch and training going on.

i've had to keep the light quite along way up as every time i move it down the plants start to go seriously droopy - i guess they are still only 6 weeks old.

med_gallery_40754_4452_61773.jpg

and here's the dr90. i've put a 600 w HPS in here now as the temps are fine.

med_gallery_40754_4452_191883.jpg

• Like 2