It's not the winning...

Looks like i'm growing only 1x +speed and 1x BJ :headpain:

The other two black jacks failed as did the other +speed and I no longer have enough time to try germinating any more.

The two that germinated successfully are doing well and I'll update with some photos later today.

Have to say I'm really bummed out about this though :(

Looks like i'm growing only 1x +speed and 1x BJ :headpain:

The other two black jacks failed as did the other +speed and I no longer have enough time to try germinating any more.

The two that germinated successfully are doing well and I'll update with some photos later today.

Have to say I'm really bummed out about this though :(

I wouldn't be Gland. I would be accepting the fact that you are another who has had problems. We all know that Auto's seem to have harder shells so I suppose a lower Germ rate is to be expected. It is no reflection on your growing skills though. All the best with these babies mucker.

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 1

Cheers hiphip. I was wanting to fill the tent up you see.. I think I will pop some photoperiod girls in there for the last month of the autos life span, a quick flowering jack cross I'm thinking, so the lights can go 12/12 for the last week of the two autos and will continue to flower the photoperiod plants.

I was just looking forward to having a nice set of four Autos all growing in equilibrium. Only two is going to leave a massive gap in the old tent :stoned:

Cheers hiphip. I was wanting to fill the tent up you see.. I think I will pop some photoperiod girls in there for the last month of the autos life span, a quick flowering jack cross I'm thinking, so the lights can go 12/12 for the last week of the two autos and will continue to flower the photoperiod plants.

I was just looking forward to having a nice set of four Autos all growing in equilibrium. Only two is going to leave a massive gap in the old tent :stoned:

Can I ask you to do something Gland?

If you now have a bit of room then why not start the photo plants now? This will give you 8 weeks of veg time and when you flip you will have the smoke from the Auto's. This is what I believe Auto's are for. They can provide a smoke out of the veg light cycle prior to switching to 12/12. Is there any reason why you couldn't do this?

Hey man, well your right... Unfortunatley my problem is that it's a new property I'm renting and I get an inspection every 3 months. I've had one so far which gives me three months grace, and while they didn't check my garage last time I'm still a bit ropey about whether to have a grow in full swing when I get the next one.

I usually veg for 4 weeks before I flower them, I find the stretch to be quite predictable and I've not tried a longer veg yet. My thoughts were that I could easily pop a couple of 4 week vegged plants behind the hedge on the day of inspection due to their small size and take the side bars out the tent so it can be collapsed down, covered with cardboard boxes etc...

I'm just struggling a bit with my confidence here, I was so disappointed when I found out we got an inspection every three months, that alone I find really intrusive with or without plants being grown. Apart from that I'm in a great rural setting with little to no risk of any other bother.

My other plan was just to lock the garage and park the car up against the door then if they asked to see in (though I still doubt they would but who knows) I could make a drama of trying to find the car keys without success...

Edited by Gland
  • Like 3

Good luck then mate. It is a bit of a grind I know. I have one coming up next week so Hello Mr Shed for an hour.

Hmm maybe I should just pop a few more autos and take the best two that germ successfully .... :unsure: I have until July which leaves me all of may and june... If I can get them out their shells within the week I should be laughing

• Like 1

Decided to throw two S.A.D Autos into the mix :wassnnme:

Photos soon I promise, though there aint much to see just yet!

• Like 2

DAY 6

First little photo update today. Both the survivors of my crap attempt at germination are doing good. I have upped the temperatures in the tent with an oil radiator due to noticing they were a bit slow on the growth side.

• Lighting : 250W Dual Spectrum HPS (Sylvania) 20" from tops.
  • Temps : ~21c (16 Low / High 23)
  • Feeding : Water with low dose of Plant Magic Bio Silicon and Bio Wetter.
  • Frequency : Daily Spraying of soil and capillary matting.

med_gallery_58777_3012_8474.jpg

med_gallery_58777_3012_40588.jpg

med_gallery_58777_3012_9588.jpg

So far it's been a slow start but things are picking up now. I have two SADAUTO seeds soaking in warm water, giving them plenty chance to get started then will go straight into their pots.

The +speed has a mutated triple leaf structure which is cool. It seems that the 50% extra free is giving her a boost because of the extra photosynthesis she can apply with the additional leaf surface, evidently she's ahead of the blackjack.

To prevent the topsoil drying out too quickly and to reflect some of the light back up I have white poly cutouts on the pots as well as paperclip supports to prevent them bending too much, during potting up these will be buried up to their necks anyway.

I shall update when the S.A.D.AUTO's pop their tails out... because they will... I hope :unsure:

All the best

G :yinyang: :yinyang:

Edited by Gland
  • Like 3

You can tell I'm a stoner, I have only two plants and one of them is distinctively a mutant with three sets of leaves and I still have them labelled :wassnnme:

• Like 4

Day 9

So far all is going really well with the two surviving autos :) The two SAD autos are now in soil trying to get a decent germination and things are slow, we had a taproot emerge but it seems like the others to slow down completely. I'm hoping the direct in soil method will help.

The +speed is very vigorous and the extra 50% is bringing in that extra light to good effect, she's now completely overtaken her blackjack cousin.

Both got re-potted today, they'll stay in these until we have a nice root ball. Plant magic granules were added during the potting up too :skin_up:

Lights : Still 250W hps, now about 15" from tops.

Temps : 23 - 28 C

Feed : 2-3 Drops Catalyst +Bio Wetter per Litre.

Frequency : Daily moistening of soil

gallery_58777_3012_30086.jpg

gallery_58777_3012_39771.jpg

gallery_58777_3012_127816.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers rabid dude :yinyang: It makes a huge difference having a decent camera again, been a few years :headpain: Can't wait to be taking bud shots :guitar:

• Like 1

Guest nelly123

Hi Gland. all the best with this one, shame about the inspection man i'd do what you said and park car right up against garage and tell them you can't find the keys when they come to inspect, say to them come back tomorow if you want, i bet the wont come back next day? whatever you decide on doing m8 best of luck to you. nelly

• Like 1