My Dresser Stealth

npker

Thank you for viewing, this is my dresser stealth, c&c wanted.

Question of my own for all of you, do you think the light is okay tilting on the left like that? (see pics)

Do you think it will get too hot and cause a fire? There are 4 fans, 2 in and 2 out. On 24/7. The actual box does not need to be opened from seedling to harvest (theoretically) however it will be opened for me to add nutrients and to adjust where needed, this is more or less, a prototype, to see how everything runs.

There are only a couple more things I need before it is started, a thermon; humidity metre, possibly a coat of white paint and/or tin foil(however I may just leave this for the first harvest) & a bigger fan to sit ontop of the dresser.

Btw, the strange yellow tubing & cage you see is a drip system, hence with a timer why this box does not need to be opened. It will water itself, and turn the lights & fans off for when you programme it to. In total I think this cost around £100 to complete.

The strain I will be doing is autoblueberry! :)

EDIT: Can I just clarify that I am okay uploading pics like this? I had my location services wifi bluetooth whatever is is not needed to take photos offline and put them onto my comp & then they have been edited and transferred to new files (to avoid exif), I realise there are many many photos of stealth's on here but at the end of the day it's illegal and all precautions should be taken, however I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks.

post-71768-0-73844400-1332626781_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-08070900-1332627168_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-51214400-1332627173_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-54745600-1332627178_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-89073200-1332627183_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-03379000-1332627189_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-70045000-1332627200_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-41095000-1332627213_thumb.jpg

post-71768-0-38631100-1332627220_thumb.jpg

Edited by npker
  • Like 1

I'm afraid all I have is the 4 fans, 2 in and 2 out. There is some CF sheeting inside the fans but that is it.

Any visual foreign nature on the outside of the box was a major issue, I needed to keep this clean & simple, as long as it gets me about 1oz per i'll be happy as larry.

Looks good man, cant see the bulb being a problem like that, with regards to surfaces, youre better off with white paint, belive it or not foil isnt really that good at reflecting light :) Also, I hope theres some kind of plan for the smell!? Weed stinks when its growing just incase you didnt know lol

e2a: I hope your filters up to the job buddy, when I say it stinks, IT REALLY STINKS lol

e2again : The wiring looks like it could do with some insulating dude, I dont mean to pick holes! Safety first!

e2again!!! Is that a remote keep for a lock I can see on the door?

Edited by TYS

I wish there was a plan for the smell but there isn't. Only thing I have in mind is I work for a pharmaceutical supplier which has a number of odour control products I could 'borrow', they are very strong and I imagine would definatly cover up the stink, however it will only cover it up and not remove it.

dont under estimate the smell of flowering weed,

no odour control except a dedicated fan & carbon filter will mask the smell.

well worth checking out the diy section for homemade filters npker ..better to have some form of odour control as well as air fresheners /ionisers if you cant afford a cf .

Going to defo look into insulation the wiring, thanks for the heads up. However can I ask what you think may happen if I left it as it is?

Not sure what you mean about the lock, it's triggered by moving one of the handles slightly to the right (is very hard to do if you don't know how to do it, it's very precise) and then the lock will release and the top dresser draw slides open.

Will the humidity be an issue with this setup guys? And not just for the plant, but the dresser. Moisture plays hell on some woodwork.

I doubt it atm but i'm just going to wait and see, like I said this is a prototype to fix any and all problems found before the first harvest, I will be taking some risks :P

Even after its chopped it will smell. I had bud from 7 plants in my bedroom last fall hanging for ten days. The smell leeched into me and the whole house, and If I didnt shower before I left, you could smell it on me all day long. Try explaining that to the Mormons/Jehovah whiteness's that come around peddling God.

I'm kind of hoping the smell problem isn't going to be as bad as my whole street being able to smell it, but I am going to be prepared for the worst and after reading the advice i've been given am going to setup a decent CF. However even with that said if the smell was fairly bad halfway through I would remove the whole grow instantly and solve the problem before starting again.

With this said i'm confident I will have no problems regarding odour now that i'm prepared to remove the whole grow and start over before a smell got too bad, hopefully a well setup CF will just solve the problem completely though and this won't have to happen.

This really is a stealthy piece of work! i love the secret locking mechanism.

Is this your first grow box? I sense not

:yep: