my 2 wardrobes

dempton

Great results.. what was the yield of the smaller wardrobe? got a similar set-up with a 400w HPS, also training my plants like that..

Also growing hydro :) did you have a problem with pH rising in the veg stage? And how long did you veg for? sorry for all the questions :D

Hey, I usualy veg for around 3 - 4 weeks, but it depends how many plants im doing. If im doing 2 plants, 4 weeks veg at least. With 4 or 6 plants about 2-3 weeks veg.

Yeild is pretty consistent, around 7-8 oz :skin_up:

PH does rise slightly from 5.8 to around 6 over a couple of weeks. I think the lower the EC the less the PH rises :smokin:

Hope this helps good luck with your grows :)

:bong:

• Like 1

Hey, I usualy veg for around 3 - 4 weeks, but it depends how many plants im doing. If im doing 2 plants, 4 weeks veg at least. With 4 or 6 plants about 2-3 weeks veg.

Yeild is pretty consistent, around 7-8 oz :skin_up:

PH does rise slightly from 5.8 to around 6 over a couple of weeks. I think the lower the EC the less the PH rises :smokin:

Hope this helps good luck with your grows :)

Thanks for the reply! Realised after i posted that this diary was a few months ago..

I'm currently in the process of downsizing to a 250w from a 400w, in a wardrobe, as the temps were ridiculous with the 400 and turned my plants stems into spaghetti in just under 6 hours..

First of all, well done on the yield! Sort of what i'm hoping for but anything 4oz+ will be a success in my eyes at the moment :)

Just a few questions..

- Did you wire those 5 PC fans up to one DC adapter in series? I've got a 600mA 12v adapter and i'm thinking of getting more cheap fans

- Did you have any temperature problems with the 250w HPS?

Thank you in advance :)

Peace and love

Cheers metalthing!

I really like growing with a 250w hps light in a wardrobe, the heat never got out of control with a 4'' rvk fan. Good luck with the downsizing :)

The PC fans are wired in series, 3 on one adapter and 2 on another. I think you can wire up quite a few to one adapter but im not too familiar with electronics.

If your growing in a wardrobe just make sure you have at least a 4'' fan and decent filter running 24/7 otherwise it gets very sweaty in there and you will find bud rot towards the end.

All the best man

Re: Pc fans. The fans should have their amperage draw displayed on them somewhere, either as Milliamps (mA) or Amps (A). The total combined amperage of the fans should not exceed the rating of the adapter (and should leave a bit of wiggle room if possible). For example, 2x 200mA fans(0.2A) would be fine on a 500 mA adapter, but 3 fans would be too many.

If you want to power lots of fans, I recommend using a PC power supply, although you will usually need to make a small modification, to enable it to work without being plugged into a motherboard.

One final note, fans should be wired in parallel, rather than series (ie: all positives connected together, and all negatives together, rather than serial "daisy chaining", which will run the fans at a reduced speed.

I hope I made sense there. :spliff::rofl:

The PC fans are wired in series, 3 on one adapter and 2 on another. I think you can wire up quite a few to one adapter but im not too familiar with electronics.

If your growing in a wardrobe just make sure you have at least a 4'' fan and decent filter running 24/7 otherwise it gets very sweaty in there and you will find bud rot towards the end.

All the best man

Thank ya, yerh i've got a 4" RVK sucking into a carbon filter, also bought another PC fan to blow over the canopy now as well. I'll be sure to post the results in a few months.. :) Aye, me neither, trying to remember some A level electronics, would have helped if i ever attended..

Re: Pc fans. The fans should have their amperage draw displayed on them somewhere, either as Milliamps (mA) or Amps (A). The total combined amperage of the fans should not exceed the rating of the adapter (and should leave a bit of wiggle room if possible). For example, 2x 200mA fans(0.2A) would be fine on a 500 mA adapter, but 3 fans would be too many.

If you want to power lots of fans, I recommend using a PC power supply, although you will usually need to make a small modification, to enable it to work without being plugged into a motherboard.

One final note, fans should be wired in parallel, rather than series (ie: all positives connected together, and all negatives together, rather than serial "daisy chaining", which will run the fans at a reduced speed.

I hope I made sense there. :spliff::rofl:

Yerh that's it.. It's a 600mA adapter, looks pretty sturdy, burnt my other adjustable one out in less than a day.. ebay for you..

Thanks for the advice! Now to roll some shitty unflushed weed that was £20 for 2g.. :skin_up::headpain:

Edited by metalthing