my 2 wardrobes

dempton

Evening folks

After a bad experiance with a collapsing tent, i decided to go for a more sturdy option. Also tents are a bit suspect whirring away in the corner of a room.

Ive had these wardobes a few years now and had many successful grows in both.

Moving house meant the larger of the two drobes had to go :blub:

Nevermind....the show is back on the road and i have brought little jamaica back to life under the stairs:

tn_gallery_44519_4192_56627.jpg tn_gallery_44519_4192_25122.jpg ta-daaaah: tn_gallery_44519_4192_108181.jpg

So heres the setup:

250w HPS

DIY hydro unit made with 2 plastic storage boxes, bottom one is the resevoir, top one holds the plants - rockwool cubes in clay pebbles.

A pump in the resevoir floods the top box which drains back through a hole in the bottom.gallery_44519_4192_33226.jpg

The filtering and ventilation is all done up on the top shelf. Silenced 4" RVK pulls through a Rhino filter and exausts out the hole at the back (top right):

gallery_44519_4192_15459.jpg

Re-stocked the supplies. I picked up the stuff which ive always used before, coz im boring like that:

gallery_44519_4192_86731.jpg

Now i just need some seeds and im ready to fire her up!! (fast forward 3 months) :wassnnme:

Here's a pic of when she was in bloom last time: :yahoo:

gallery_44519_4192_112013.jpg

I always like to hear feedback from you guys so lemme know what you think :B):

Cheers!

:bong:

• Like 4

Oh yeah, lemme show you the other wardrobe too RIP :blub:

Same as above, only larger and with active intakes (pc fans)

gallery_44519_4192_43857.jpg

I went on a tree torturing rampage and supercropped the sh*t outta this girl:

gallery_44519_4192_87813.jpg gallery_44519_4192_108136.jpg gallery_44519_4192_14541.jpg

And when she was in bloom she was a real beauty!

gallery_44519_4192_85006.jpg

That was my first attempt at making a bonsai tree. Looking back on it, i really didnt know what i was doing! Lessons were learnt

Lemme know what you think. Cheers!

• Like 12

Nice job mate.

+1 , i'm outta rep's for the day- been reading some good things on here..lol

Gud luk on the next grow,

what you doin'?

cc

Cheers cheechchong! Im drooling over UGORG Killerskunk pics and would like to try that. But for now i've got some royal queen seeds - shining silver haze and critical. never done these before so i dont know what to expect.

If anyone has any exp. with these Royal Queen Seeds i'd like to hear how you got on.

Im going to start a grow diary once they pop.

i used black plasticote spray paint to light proof a similar storage tub, tho tbh it was when i first started, done the trick tho :bong:

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the WarDrobes mate, well good job that!

And the yields look superb too, I really don't understand why some folks knock 250's. I think they are the canine's testicles.

- shining silver haze

If anyone has any exp. with these Royal Queen Seeds i'd like to hear how you got on.

I had a load as freebies, grew out the ssh, nice looking plant, medium to heavy yielder, buds were a little airy but i took it too early (one of my first grows). Nice soaring uppy high, smelt and tasted a little like soapy washing up liquid (not as unpleasant as it sounds). It doubled nearly trippled in height if i remember. i was fairly happy allround with how it turned out. Hope that helps a little buddy.

Cheers guys!

Hey Arnold! (had to say it) I agree, the 250w always does me proud :king:

Thanks for the feedback on the Shining Silver Haze Cursed, one out of 2 seeds germed, but both Criticals germed. Looking forward to seeing how they shape up.

By the way, i have started a grow diary for this latest project, if you intrested in taking a pew over there.

Theres some BHO on a spoon, help yourself!

I must say Dempt , for a first attempt at a bonsai that girl looked well tasty. I'd be proud with her for a first shot, and yes lessons are always learned...Or at least they should be..

• 2 months later...

Maybe doing a double cupboard drobe when i move now and was gonna go with pc fans for quietness instead of passive how much are they mate ? or did u recycle old units ?,and are they 12v ?.

Fairplay on what u pulled on the 250w nice buds aswell ;).

I agree with Owderb on the transparent tray , as in early stages it'll slow you down mate ;).

GNA

Maybe doing a double cupboard drobe when i move now and was gonna go with pc fans for quietness instead of passive how much are they mate ? or did u recycle old units ?,and are they 12v ?.

Fairplay on what u pulled on the 250w nice buds aswell ;).

I agree with Owderb on the transparent tray , as in early stages it'll slow you down mate ;).

GNA

Yeah i use PC fans just to circulate air around the drobe, you could use them as an active intake, but they are rubbish as soon as they have any resistance to push against. so i would advise passive intake and increase your outake to be safe with the negative pressure.

The fans cost me about 3 quid each from fleebay, they are 12v so just find a mobile charger or any old 12v DC adaptor, cut the wires and connect it up to the red and black wires. jobsagoodun :guitar:

The transparent trays are covered now. :B):

Cheers and all the best with your grow!

If you wanna see my current diary of this drobe here it is: Dempton's Stealth Drobe Diary

• 4 months later...

Great results.. what was the yield of the smaller wardrobe? got a similar set-up with a 400w HPS, also training my plants like that..

Also growing hydro :) did you have a problem with pH rising in the veg stage? And how long did you veg for? sorry for all the questions :D

Edited by metalthing
  • Like 1