Dutch Passion 2012 seed re-shuffle

DutchPassionTony

Country Boy, by all means. Ask me what you wish, if I can't answer I will try to get an answer from one of the DP team

Thanks. I have so many questions, but I will just ask you about one variety first. The question is about California Orange and Orange Bud. I have seen descriptions that refer to california orange bud as a skunk variety, and sometimes Cali-O and orange bud are kind of used interchangeably. Is orange bud a skunk variety and is california orange a skunk variety, or is it something else all together?

OK. Here is another one. The description of the ortega indica says that is offers and indica that could help with sleep, but also imparts a clear head which is different than many indicas - so you don't get a hangover or any after effects, so you might say it has a clean finish. Now is this talking about while smoking it you have a clear headed effect or only later on you don't have a hangover effect?

Another question about ortega indica is what is the difference between dutch passion ortega indica and mr. nice ortega?

OK. Here is another one. The description of the ortega indica says that is offers and indica that could help with sleep, but also imparts a clear head which is different than many indicas - so you don't get a hangover or any after effects, so you might say it has a clean finish. Now is this talking about while smoking it you have a clear headed effect or only later on you don't have a hangover effect?

the smoke test team found that they could have a good session smoking Ortega Indica, and yes they were very stoned in a typical indica way. A strong body stone which we get good medical feedback for. After smoking her she seems to allow a very deep undisturbed nights sleep, and when you wake up the feeling is one of a clear head. This is not something you always get with presecription tranquilisers. Some people report waking up feeling groggy with them. So for medical users Ortega has a number of benefits which may be useful. She is a Dutch Passion development, although you are correct, other seedbanks have their own version.

Hi Country Boy,

Orange Bud and Californian Orange are two quite seperate strains.

Orange Bud is an orginal Skunk variety. In the UK 'skunk' is sometimes used as a generic name for potent strains. But for the breeders and the old-timers Skunk is a distinct line of marijuana, along with Blueberry, Northern Lights and Haze. In fact those 4 types can be found in a large number of todays varieties.

Skunk dates back a long way, noted for some unique aroma's and top potency. It has a story all of it's own. Our Orange Bud has a distinct appearance with the intense orange hairs on the bud. She is one of the easiest to grow in soil, hydro or coco. We get feedback that she is great for sea of green grows. We came across Orange Bud in the 80's and she is our best selling strain in regular (non fem seeds). In terms of our feminized best sellers she is number 5. The high is somewhat more uplifting than many other marijuana types and you can get things done after a joint of her. She has good yields and outdoors in Spain she can get 2-3 metres tall. In the UK she would not be recommended for oudoors.

Califonian orange gets the name from the citrus aroma that is present in a number of plants produced from her seed. She is a 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid. She was a revered variety in the 70's hippy California days which is where we got her from. This is another of our heritage strains which has stood the test of time. Highly resinous, even on the leaves, with a clear 'up' high after a joint. If you smoke too much the 'up' element is replaced by a somewhat heavier stone but still very enjoyable. She has reasonable yields and won't grow as quite as tall as Orange Bud. Maybe 1-2 metres. This isn't quite in the same 'best seller' category as Orange Bud, but we have customers that grow her every year and love her.

So yes, they are quite distinct varieties and shouldn't be confused. But both are highly recommended and we get good feedback on them both

• Like 1

which one would you say tastes more citrusy Tony?

I'm looking for a nice orange tasting strain and considered these two, I was not sure about them as they both seem to have almost exactly the same descriptions on Attitude but now you have cleared that up I just need to know about the taste

which one would you say tastes more citrusy Tony?

I'm looking for a nice orange tasting strain and considered these two, I was not sure about them as they both seem to have almost exactly the same descriptions on Attitude but now you have cleared that up I just need to know about the taste

Hi Sawney, the citrusy taste would be the Californian orange variety. With the Orange Bud (skunk) the orange is really a reference to the appearance of the bud rather than the flavour.

• Like 1

Hi Country Boy,

Orange Bud and Californian Orange are two quite seperate strains.

Orange Bud is an orginal Skunk variety. In the UK 'skunk' is sometimes used as a generic name for potent strains. But for the breeders and the old-timers Skunk is a distinct line of marijuana, along with Blueberry, Northern Lights and Haze. In fact those 4 types can be found in a large number of todays varieties.

Skunk dates back a long way, noted for some unique aroma's and top potency. It has a story all of it's own. Our Orange Bud has a distinct appearance with the intense orange hairs on the bud. She is one of the easiest to grow in soil, hydro or coco. We get feedback that she is great for sea of green grows. We came across Orange Bud in the 80's and she is our best selling strain in regular (non fem seeds). In terms of our feminized best sellers she is number 5. The high is somewhat more uplifting than many other marijuana types and you can get things done after a joint of her. She has good yields and outdoors in Spain she can get 2-3 metres tall. In the UK she would not be recommended for oudoors.

Califonian orange gets the name from the citrus aroma that is present in a number of plants produced from her seed. She is a 50/50 sativa/indica hybrid. She was a revered variety in the 70's hippy California days which is where we got her from. This is another of our heritage strains which has stood the test of time. Highly resinous, even on the leaves, with a clear 'up' high after a joint. If you smoke too much the 'up' element is replaced by a somewhat heavier stone but still very enjoyable. She has reasonable yields and won't grow as quite as tall as Orange Bud. Maybe 1-2 metres. This isn't quite in the same 'best seller' category as Orange Bud, but we have customers that grow her every year and love her.

So yes, they are quite distinct varieties and shouldn't be confused. But both are highly recommended and we get good feedback on them both

So Tony, tell me if I understand. The orange bud is pure skunk, but it is a selection that looks more orange and has orange hairs? Was it ever mixed with anything besides skunk to make the seed? If so what, and when. I love the dates and the historical information. Thanks for giving the information in such detail. I know many varieties from america and other places start out as a clone and it has to mixed with something else to make seeds.

It is interesting that you say it would not be good outdoors because you would normally think of skunk as something that works really well outdoors. Why is this the case?

I have another question about california orange, but I will wait for you to answer this one first.

This photo shows you how Orange Bud got the name. Lots of orange pistils draping over the bud....'orange bud'

Yes, pure skunk from the 80's. Never mixed with other genetics.

gallery_70468_4085_26565.jpg

• Like 2

Orange Bud is great outdoors, but I would not recommend her for the UK. Mediterranean growers have a ball with all kinds of genetics that could not tolerate a British summer. Here is a pic of Orange Bud outdoors, possibly Spain. She is thriving, grown massively and is getting probably 12 hours of intense sun every day and all the nutrients she needs by the look of her. Tall too. For the UK outdoor grower I would say Frisian is the best. In Southern Spain they grow pretty much whatever variety they want, they have an enviable climate

gallery_70468_4085_24340.jpg

OK. Thanks. So we are on the same page, when you say skunk I understand what you mean - skunk #1 which is created by cultivators choice in the 1980's and genetics are Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia.

So skunk was originally mostly sativa and was recommended for outdoors and greenhouse, so why do you thing orange bud is not the best for outdoors?

Can you compare the effect or the high of orange bud and california orange? The description sounds very similar. I can tell you that I don't like anything that increases your heart rate. I know I smoked some real skunk back in the early 90's. I knew the guy who grew it and I think he got the seeds from Marc Emery, which I believe were skunk #1. Since then I have not really wanted any skunk. I really did not like it. It kind of made you feel kind of trippy and caused some anxiety. I would rather have something where your thoughts are clear, relaxing, uplifting, etc. It might be that you need something that has some CBD in it to decrease the side effects of THC. Maybe california orange has this in it, but I have not tried it as far as I know. I tried something from a friend in college who lived in humbolt county. He had something, I think he called it red bud, but I can't remember. It had a very nice, clear high, and there was no anxiety like I experienced with the skunk. Maybe you know what that was or can make some recommendations for me.

Edited by Country Boy

OK, so you are saying that it does well in some climates. What is the deal with the weather in the UK? How do you think orange bud and california orange would do in a subtropical environment with about 70 inches of rain per year. How is the resistance to mold? Also please compare the mold resistance of the orange bud and the california orange.