Dutch Passion 2012 seed re-shuffle

DutchPassionTony

Hello everyone,

I have had a number of mails and questions about the Dutch Passion seed line up. Well we have quite a few changes to announce, here are the details.

We are discontinuing commercial sales of nine seed varieties. The genetics will remain in our genebank for many years and no doubt we will be experimenting with the various genetics and certain special pheno’s of them. The strains are not lost, just in deep freeze.

The reason we discontinue varieties is based on the fact that our collection already has around 50 varieties in it and just as we add new strains, we have to remove those varieties which have not been selling as well. If we didn’t do this, after 25 years in business (only Sensi Seeds has been around longer), we would have hundreds of varieties by now.

That would be an impossibly large seed collection for our distributors to manage. For some of them, the 50 varieties we have is already big enough.

The following varieties will be discontinued this year but for most of them you can still place final orders if there are special varieties which you would like to keep in your freezer. I am sorry about this, the list contains some very nice selections which I would like us to keep but we can’t. Occasionally we have to trim the seed collection and it is never a popular thing to do as it always upsets someone, but remember the strains are still there for our breeding programs, we only remove them from the catalogue on the basis that sales have been in decline, even though some of them I would rate very highly. The following strains will disappear from the catalogue.

Oasis, Flo, Isis, Green Spirit, Blue Moonshine, Skunk Passion, Dolce Vita, Super Haze, Sacra Frasca

Likewise we have new additions. Night Queen, Dark Delight, Freddy’s Best are traditional varieties and Think Different is an auto.

The full line up of varieties for 2012 are in the catalogue, which is here….

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/pdf/01_Cata_UK_2012.pdf

You could just give all your old stock to UK420 members on the basis they produce a diary. lol Just messing with you Tony! lol

Saddam

• Like 2

Flo

Ahhh...no!

Does this mean that I would have to go through you to get my hands on a few Flo pips before they all go, or are they still available through the normal channels, and when they go, they go?

• Like 1

Flo

Ahhh...no!

Does this mean that I would have to go through you to get my hands on a few Flo pips before they all go, or are they still available through the normal channels, and when they go, they go?

sorry man, I knew you wouldn't like it. Yes, you can order beans from us and they will store well in a freezer for many years as you know. The Dutch Passion stock is always the freshest, for that reason a lot of customers like to order from us directly. The distributors buy bulk stock and sell from that, so they may have some of the last remaining beans if (and when) our stocks have gone. Let me know if you have any problems getting the beans you want and I will do my best to help man

Let me know if you have any problems getting the beans you want and I will do my best to help man

Thanks Tony. I'd be happy with just getting my hands on a five or even three pack when I have the dough... the phenos were all identical last time I ran them so numbers aren't that crucial I think... just that chocolate/coffee/floral taste with the unique high... can't let that one go

:headpain: I've just got myself a pack of Flo x WW because I couldn't afford the DP Flo at the mo. I'd best get saving for some, I'd love to have Flo again, my plant was on DP's old website.

Guest funkfarmer(sb)

Flo and isis?

Damn thats 2 DP vars that are gonna be sorely missed

I may well have to get some of the regular Flo seeds as there is a Flo fanclub in my part of the world,and none of us have her anymore..

Isis was a great NL var too....

We'll keep all those flo genetics, don't worry about that. And for what it's worth the guys are looking at a few possibilities in the 'blue' family at the moment.

During the course of the year there is every possibility of another auto and another traditional variety which we will endeavour to make available as a non-fem regular option.

To get it into perspective Automazar on it's own sells more seeds in a month than several of the exiting varieties added together. It isn't saying there is anything wrong with the exiting variety. Its just about the need to keep the collection down to around 50 varieties.

To get it into perspective Automazar on it's own sells more seeds in a month than several of the exiting varieties added together.

Wowsers.

Oasis was one of my first grows too. Ah nostalgia.

I can't let Flo go tho. I'll hoard the seeds until I can get a proper mum/cuttings system. :pitchfork:

How did you find the oasis jim? I have seen it reccomended to people that are looking for the 90's NL as it is supposedly nl#(?), or at least very close.

I will have a few packs if its like the old nl.anyone got anymore info please?

Joe

northern lights 2, pure indica, we thank the legendary grower nevil for his help with this one. I am sure it will be back in some guise

Edited by DutchPassionTony

Yes as Tony said. NL#2

It was one of the first things I grew in the late 90's

It was very nice as I recall, far better than any street weed I had at the time.

Can't really remember much about it TBH, just a nice buzzy stone, I was smoking tobacco with it at the time, so that probably ruined it anyway.

Cheers,

Jim

• 3 weeks later...