Blueberry her

Kushtydon

Guest La Viva Sativa

I Think you Will find any the top Blueberry's Take a while to cure to get the Blueberry Smell and taste come through and wen a i say a good your usually 2-3months minium not all weed tastes like it should straight off the bat some weed needs a proper cure for flavours and Blueberry is defo one them. :yinyang:

• Like 2

I Think you Will find any the top Blueberry's Take a while to cure to get the Blueberry Smell and taste come through and wen a i say a good your usually 2-3months minium not all weed tastes like it should straight off the bat some weed needs a proper cure for flavours and Blueberry is defo one them. :yinyang:

agreed, a good cure makes a difference to any weed and Blueberry is especially the case. 6 months is vintage for me.

Blueberry grown outdoors tends to have the better appearance due to low night temperatures which brings out the colours more. The same plant grown indoors in a warm growroom would look green and perhaps like other varieties. She is a complicated lady.

good thread for me this, as i have 23 female blueberrys in my grow room on day 44 , i popped 40 regular seeds and got excellent germ rate of 39 ,

from the 23 females i got id say 5 maybe 6 have the classic blueberry traits .......... the fruity smell !! the red and blue hues ! and there just starting to turn colour ! as for the other phenos id say about 6 or 7 look sativaish and the others are indica dom but with nothing you could describe as blueberry !! insane resin, and dense thick buds but just nothing blueberry about them ! no colour change and with smells from peppery ! to earthy, to onions and garlic lol

had 1 or 2 of the plants throw out a hermie or 2 but i just pick them off !!

i think when you look at blueberry for what it is its common sense that you would get this pheno difference , its a blend of, Mexican 2 thai's (juicey fruit and chocolate) and a Afghan !

if you research the strain , both dj shorts and dutch passions you will realise that 1 pack isnt a guarantee of finding what you want !! there is a person over on another fourm that has went through 3 packs of dj shorts at 100 qwid a pop .............. and hasnt found a sweet blueberry smelling plant lol

in my mind unless your lucky and find a good one in 1 pack you really need 30 to 50 seeds to find a good keeper !

what have other people found is respect to pheno's with dp blueberry ?

tony ? do you have a idea what process freddy used in breeding the bluerry ? was it purely inbreed with its self !! or did he out cross it with something maybe ? a bit of skunk or nl or something ?

according to dj short , the 50 seeds he sold to you were f3 generation, any idea what generation the current regular blueberry parents are ? or simply how many sets of perants you have selected over the years

Edited by kingcapo123
  • Like 1

good thread for me this, as i have 23 female blueberrys in my grow room on day 44 , i popped 40 regular seeds and got excellent germ rate of 39 ,

from the 23 females i got id say 5 maybe 6 have the classic blueberry traits .......... the fruity smell !! the red and blue hues ! and there just starting to turn colour ! as for the other phenos id say about 6 or 7 look sativaish and the others are indica dom but with nothing you could describe as blueberry !! insane resin, and dense thick buds but just nothing blueberry about them ! no colour change and with smells from peppery ! to earthy, to onions and garlic lol

i think when you look at blueberry for what it is its common sense that you would get this pheno difference , its a blend of, Mexican 2 thai's (juicey fruit and chocolate) and a Afghan !

if you research the strain , both dj shorts and dutch passions you will realise that 1 pack isnt a guarantee of finding what you want !! there is a person over on another fourm that has went through 3 packs of dj shorts at 100 qwid a pop .............. and hasnt found a sweet blueberry smelling plant lol

in my mind unless your lucky and find a good one in 1 pack you really need 30 to 50 seeds to find a good keeper !

tony ? do you have a idea what process freddy used in breeding the bluerry ? was it purely inbreed with its self !! or did he out cross it with something maybe ? a bit of skunk or nl or something ?

according to dj short , the 50 seeds he sold to you were f3 generation, any idea what generation the current regular blueberry parents are ? or simply how many sets of perants you have selected over the years

Hi King,

I am trying to find some answers to your questions. I am not sure whether Freddy is trekking around the Himlayan foothills right now or where he is...!

But whenever I get these questions I do my best to try for answers from the guy that did the hands-on work.

Hi King,

I am trying to find some answers to your questions. I am not sure whether Freddy is trekking around the Himlayan foothills right now or where he is...!

But whenever I get these questions I do my best to try for answers from the guy that did the hands-on work.

thanks tony would be interesting to know were this seed line is at , .................... just even finding out if its been hybridized with anything else other than blueberry would be great , my 6 keepers are smelling great anyway hope they taste as they smell :)

i grew dutch passion fem blueberry and although they were lovely uniform plants they hermied realy badly at about 3 weeks of fl

eventually tried dutch passion regular and was getting excited because the blueberry smell was unmistakable

unfortunately i left my tent zip slightly open and dont know wether this caused it but they went hermaphrodite at about 4 weeks of fl

i threw all but 1 which didnt hermie was more sativa leaning in growth chracter but it wasnt a blueberry smelling pheno and only smelled of slight lemon aroma

i do think maybe if id kept everything tighter and more consistent or even got tweezers and pulled the male flowers off they may have made it but didnt want to risk them polenating the others in my garden

bluecheese is the closest to blueberry stable strain that ive had,id still much rather have a real blueberry though.

how many packs do you think youd have to search through to find a stable blueberry pheno ?

spearzy

i grew dutch passion fem blueberry and although they were lovely uniform plants they hermied realy badly at about 3 weeks of fl

eventually tried dutch passion regular and was getting excited because the blueberry smell was unmistakable

unfortunately i left my tent zip slightly open and dont know wether this caused it but they went hermaphrodite at about 4 weeks of fl

i threw all but 1 which didnt hermie was more sativa leaning in growth chracter but it wasnt a blueberry smelling pheno and only smelled of slight lemon aroma

i do think maybe if id kept everything tighter and more consistent or even got tweezers and pulled the male flowers off they may have made it but didnt want to risk them polenating the others in my garden

bluecheese is the closest to blueberry stable strain that ive had,id still much rather have a real blueberry though.

how many packs do you think youd have to search through to find a stable blueberry pheno ?

spearzy

well im on day 47 of a 4 pack regular blueberry hunt ! i got 23 females and out of them 23 only 5 showed any real blueberry traits 2 of the 5 showed early hermie flowers witch a picked off .............. the other 18 phenos are great there some crazy resin on them and some nice smells but there not blueberry there not the stout, big leafs , colour changing plants you think of when you think of blueberry !!

you can spot the blueberry plants as seedlings the red stemmed seedlings are the blueberry leaners !

just to add im just goin on looks and smell at the min ,

id say 2 packs personaly , and dont be offputt by the odd nanna !! if it shows big hermie sacks then get rid , but a few nannas might not even show in the clones if you inprove things and get to know the plant better !

but really its just the luck of the draw , i bet if i grow out another 40 seeds , i could end up with more blueberry plants , my mate got 4 blueberry leaners out of 1 pack so its just a roll of the dice

im reveging my best plants, i just dont have the space to keep lots of clones :(

Edited by kingcapo123

king kapo

nice to hear your experience with them i got about 2-3 blueberry phenos from 1 pack i do think i maybe over reacted by bining them but they did look as if they were going to go a high perecentage herm on me there was quite a lot of nanas/male flowers forming.

at what week of flowering would it be too late for the pollen sacks to pollanate ?

i was thinking as long as you kept everything as perfect as possible for the first 4 maybe 5 weeks of flowering it would be too late for pollenation to occur?

spearzy

king kapo

nice to hear your experience with them i got about 2-3 blueberry phenos from 1 pack i do think i maybe over reacted by bining them but they did look as if they were going to go a high perecentage herm on me there was quite a lot of nanas/male flowers forming.

at what week of flowering would it be too late for the pollen sacks to pollanate ?

i was thinking as long as you kept everything as perfect as possible for the first 4 maybe 5 weeks of flowering it would be too late for pollenation to occur?

spearzy

well to me after 4 or 5 weeks the buds should be dense enough to do minimal damage , but it means allot of checking and time spent inspecting the plants , my rule is if they are several actual male sacks with a stem i will kill the plant straight away ! if only one maybe 2 and just a few nanas in the bud as it flowers , i will flower them out fully to see what the females like , see allot of time the nannas are sterile , and dont make seeds anyway , bit as i said if your gunna allow these slightly hermie plants in your grow room you need to check each plant every 2 days witch i do anyway with all seed plants untile i get a mother and know what shes like then i dont have to bother ,

and yeahh the red stemmed seedlings all seemed to show most blueberry smell and shape ................ even know my best red stemmed plants usualy turned out males lol ................. but i think i have 3 or 4 nice stable blueberrys to keep as mothers all with slightly differnt resin and smell all sweet berry smells but differnt !! one is so sweet it smells like star burst sweets !

My fav plant I've grown so far was my auto blueberry, it didn't yield much but it was a gorgeous smoke :-)

• Like 2

My fav plant I've grown so far was my auto blueberry, it didn't yield much but it was a gorgeous smoke :-)

Thanks for that feedback Lesley, we used our Blueberry to create her and are pleased that the quality comes through in the automatic version. She seems to be an appreciated AutoFem and we get good feedback on the quality of the high

• Like 1

It was a all round good smoke, it looked nice, it smelt gorgeous, it tasted lovely & it smoked nice with a lovely effect, I love blueberry, I must grow some more soon , do they contain cbd ? If they do all the better, I could do with as much of that as poss at the moment, any advice on what would be a good strain for me to grow with my condition would be greatly appreciated Tony :-)

I've never grown Blueberry, but with the strains I have gown, the above is absolutely correct.

I have some Blues here, it went into the jar late November last year. The smell, taste and high are so far developed from where they were just after the drying, that it's like smoking a different strain altogether!

Most strains of cannabis, and most plants in general, you need to grow them in hundreds before you can really see the way things go. I've been growing the very same Blues clone for over 5 years now, and I am still learning her ways. I think folks are far too hasty when it comes to judging strains. You really have nothing to say, if all you've grown is one generation of plants out of one pack of seeds.

When you've grown a strain for many generations and over a fair few years, using a decent number of seeds and cultivars, then you begin to have some insight and wisdom. But not before. Not IMHO.

• Like 1

It was a all round good smoke, it looked nice, it smelt gorgeous, it tasted lovely & it smoked nice with a lovely effect, I love blueberry, I must grow some more soon , do they contain cbd ? If they do all the better, I could do with as much of that as poss at the moment, any advice on what would be a good strain for me to grow with my condition would be greatly appreciated Tony :-)

Hi Lesley, We have something in the pipeline which will be right up your street. I will PM you about it for reasons which will become clear when you read it.