Frisian Dew

PureSmkr

Guest RandyBoBandy

Nice pics, love the background, My proper green pheno has a weird smell, closest thing it reminds me of is salt and vinegar crisps.. thats smelling the jar, think ill have one of them tonight as ive not smoked that in some time as well

Edited by RandyBoBandy

One of my top three commercial seedbank outdoor strains,always guaranteed a result as she doesnt let you down :guitar:

could I be cheeky enough to ask the names of the other 2 varieties? Easy sativa and purple maroc ? There could be an interesting experiment in there somewhere.. :wassnnme:

Easy sativa and purple maroc ?

It was Easy Sativa and purple maroc Tony,all three strains ran neck-and-neck to the finishing line with a hair's-breadth between them,not one let me down and I did a number of packs of each that year,the only reason I didnt grow the trio last season is I was doing things in spain,but I have packets of each for this year :guitar:

• 4 weeks later...

what do you all feed frisian dew for ferts to get them that huge and dank? i'm planning on growing 6 of them this coming summer :)

what do you all feed frisian dew for ferts to get them that huge and dank? i'm planning on growing 6 of them this coming summer :)

The best thing to do is to start preparing your grow spot now if you haven't already done so. Dig in as much compost as your location allows, add some manure and maybe some fish/blood/bone meal. Get the soil in tip top condition. The best growers take their plot preparation seriously. There are some good threads in the guerilla growing section on this website which you may find useful

Frisian dew

What a strain :yahoo:

This strain is dutch passions gift for those that like to grow monsters :bong:

My favourate outdoor strains by far

Happy growing :lucky:

• Like 1

Oooh, been away 5 mins and another breeders helpdesk has been added, nice going UK420!

FD is the only DP strain I have knowingly tried, twas very nice indeed and I also managed to acquire a cut from the grower, I have kept her in my mum cabinet for about 5 months now with the plan being to find a nice outdoor spot to give her a whirl, anyone tried running her indoors though?

I know my friend who gave me the cut grew it indoors, an immense yield of lovely and quite unique tasting weed was the result, just wondering how many others here have tried her under a light?

Still, I do need to get a move on as I'd like to put a few cuts outside this year!

Hello all, welcome DP :D

I will be growing Dutch Passion Frisian Dew this year, outdoors in the UK.

As it looks like i'm not the only one, I thought it would be good to get some pics up of people's successes with this strain, in this country.

So if you all wouldn't mind please I'd love to see em and any comments you may all have regarding this strain, hopefully it will also help others who are looking to grow it this year.

:yep:

Fresian is perhaps the best outdoor strain we have in terms of the UK outdoor grower. Obviously in other, hotter countries, we would recommend other varieties as well. But she is tough and spent 3 years being selectively bred until we got, what we felt, was the best looking outdoor variety we had seen. Here is a nice picture of her grown in good conditions. We are making a video of the best Frisian pictures we have collected over the years. I will let you know when it is up on our website.

That is what growing is all about the plant is fantastic

Growing big is how its ment to be done

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive grown frisian dew for the last 3 years outside in the uk and absoultly love it!

The first year we grew it, i grew 2 and ended up with a purple pheno and the green pheno. We lost about 25% of the green pheno due to mould but the purple one only had about 5% mould..

we grew them along side shaman and passion as they came in the same mixed pack,i found them to be ok with simular yields but the frisian is a much nicer smoke imo..

The 2 previous years ive only done 1 seed each time and ended up with the purple pheno!

I enjoy the smoke of frisian,its a change from the normal! always look forward to my frisian harvests..

when we transported our frisian back to my house last year.(that paranoid drive home) i put it in a big wicker basket with cling film stretched over it and just looked like a bowl of lavender lol

Guest Nunsacred

IMO Frisian Dew is a good benchmark for bud production

and with its unusual flavours and varying purple traits, it's quite a fun one to try at least once.

But rather like a couple of growers have said, it languished in my jars.

Neither pheno I got really appealed to me beyond that initial introduction.

At best it was like mince pies, but mostly, yeh, crayons. :headpain:

The purple one had some nicer sweet smells but it was still overall similar to the green which I proved to myself with a blind test where I thought both must be the green pheno.

I found the buzz to be rather unpleasant in the green one - made me feel actually unwell like I'd just caught a virus or something like that, achey and tired, then knockout.

I have to say if that had been my first experience of weed I might have been put off. :alien2:

The purple one was better, despite being weaker, it was pleasant at least.... :)

• Like 1

IMO Frisian Dew is a good benchmark for bud production

and with its unusual flavours and varying purple traits, it's quite a fun one to try at least once.

But rather like a couple of growers have said, it languished in my jars.

Neither pheno I got really appealed to me beyond that initial introduction.

At best it was like mince pies, but mostly, yeh, crayons. :headpain:

The purple one had some nicer sweet smells but it was still overall similar to the green which I proved to myself with a blind test where I thought both must be the green pheno.

I found the buzz to be rather unpleasant in the green one - made me feel actually unwell like I'd just caught a virus or something like that, achey and tired, then knockout.

I have to say if that had been my first experience of weed I might have been put off. :alien2:

The purple one was better, despite being weaker, it was pleasant at least.... :)

FFS nunsacred don't wanna hear this ^^^ :rofl: :rofl:

TS :skull: