1.2kw Duel Spectrum Parabolic Shade

Budelaire

Cheers Maccafogo, its working real well and well happy with it, the next lot under that are going to be spot on.

With the potential 1200w (+super lumens), its good for getting 50w per square foot right up to a DR150 or similar which are 25sqft.

:guitar:

Edited by Budelaire

This is a great idea Budelaire.

I have a DR150 and always wanted a parabolic shade in there but as the space accomodates 2 x 600w I didn't want to run just one light with a single parabolic shade.

This is the answer! I'm crap at making things so I'll just have to wait until you decide to make a few up ;):D:yep:

:)

• Like 1

Hey PureSmkr I'm getting a DR150 so thought i'd need the extra spread! Dont wait for me to start making them :rofl: took me 3-4 months to put my parabolic back together in the 1st place! :skin_up:

Me and Budzilla2010 brainstormed this ages ago and i had an old 1mtr parabolic lying about which i had messed about with, so it was tatty etc so thought sod it i'll give it a try. Thats why it looks a little stressed in the pictures. With two new ones it would look spot on, basically 1 half of this is nearly 9mths old and as been abused.

https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=264868&view=findpost&p=2855960 thats how i want to do it with a plank holding the two top sections so its sturdy on a chain with the cables going up the chain etc, you would be able to swap it round too, switching the MH:HPS at each side of the canopy daily, if that interests you. It was actually born out of the desire to use MH and HPS whilst still using a Prabolic like you say they are a little odd shaped but imo the best out there.

There is absolutely no work involved at all buddy though and its like it was meant to fit (except the snapping of the 2 of 6 spare blade sections, but with 4 spare your sound). I fixed it all together just by folding the 2 filler pieces into a rough shape... if you wanted they could be cut and drilled and all line up and screwed in perfect.

But with the plank used to keep the hex plates a little further apart (and therefore the bulbs), It would also let you use 1 whole piece at the sides instead of butchering a section making it a tad wider giving even better spread as the bulbs are a tad close for my liking at present.

but i'm happy with the prototype, it fits the DR120 nice... so might make a slightly wider, wood mounted Mk2 for the DR150 later on :rofl:

Edited by Budelaire

Sounds great dude :yep:

I also like the idea of mounting it all on a piece of wood, then screwing hooks into the wood and hanging it with easy gliders, that's how my current lighting setup is but with horizontal lamps and euro reflectors. I covered the wood in reflective tape just to finish it, the same setup but with a single large custom parabolic and 2 vertical MH & HPS interchangable bulbs would be perfect!

I may well do this man, i'm sure it would positively impact my yields and whilst I don't currently have heat problems I certainly won't with your reflector idea.

I might well do this if you don't mind matey, I'll let you know when I do :guitar:

• Like 1

Yes that would be the ideal and it may fit even better too. I may do that for the DR150 :rofl: Good luck. I'd recommend turning it all off if you do, I did it live (product testing and construction all in one) :rofl:

Whenever I open the tent im in awe tbf! The reason i started using two bulbs is the corners are always a bit dim at less than 50w/sqft. not any more. The next ScroG in this tent is going to be a sight thats for sure.

:yinyang: :yinyang:

Edited by Budelaire

Dual Spectrum Osram HPS & Powerplant MH

So here we have the new reflector with two different spectrum bulbs. Looking forward to a proper grow from scratch with this! :rofl::eek:

gallery_61117_3171_504939.jpg

gallery_61117_3171_842090.jpg

Edited by Budelaire
  • Like 1

Like the idea of the 2 para's joined up like that. I have a 600w para in my dr120 and have a spare 600w para. What would be better? 2x600w in dr150 or 2x600w in a dr240.

• Like 1

Bleedin' ace Bude, looks top. Have you noticed any hotspots yet? Also any reason why you don't use the pre-filter sock thing on your CF?

:v:

• Like 1

Thanks rubbabudbud, no noticeable hot spots, but i do have a 9-10" fan blowing at the bulbs so that offsets any i would imagine. The filter sock i lost it many moons ago!

It didn't burn my plants or anything, they are a little worse for ware due to an Xmas drought here. Just chopped em. had the MH on 300w as a work light. :rofl:

Really looking forward to getting a fresh set under it!

:v:

Green_bhoy 1200w in a DR150(25sqft), is optimial wattage per square foot at 50w x 25sqft = 1250w

A dr240 (2.4x2.4m?) would be 64 square foot and would require 3200w at 50w/persqft. (5 x 600w set up like a 5 on a dice is, would equal 3000w)

This is best used in a DR120 or DR150.

:yinyang:

Edited by Budelaire

Cheers for reply bud, I have my grow 3wks into flower in a dr120. After its done I have 2 600w paras and would love to try out your double hood. What size of ext fan would I need? I'm using a 6" fan at the moment and have a spare 5" lying around. The 6" fan would not be enough me thinks. Would like to get myself a fan controller for ext and intake.

This could be my next setup :)

Cheers

i use an 8" for my dr120, and will use same for the DR150. with the 5 & 6 on a controller with 1200w of light you should be fine.

:yinyang:

Edited by Budelaire

I was looking at getting a dr150 with a 1000w inside. This idea saves me cash and can put the money towards a 8" fan and filter and fan controller.

If you can do this with a dr120, could you do another 2 para's together and have four in a dr240.

Now that's a thought :)

Edited by Green_bhoy
  • Like 1