El Chilli's automática 2nd attempt for the Copa

Chilli

Hola & welcome to my Sweet Seeds Competition Diary 2011/12.

Firstly a big thank you to Tommy, UK420 & the guys at Sweet Seeds for their generosity and for making this competition happen. Also, a big warm welcome and good luck to all other entrants. :hug:

It took a lot of effort but I really enjoyed last year’s competition – especially the camaraderie amongst the other growers. I look forward to popping in and out of everyone’s diaries and everyone is welcome here.

I was initially going to do a quick cheeky auto grow for this diary (After the bloody cold winter last year it was a nightmare growing in ambient temperatures of -20°C, plus I don’t really have enough time at the moment to devote the necessary time & effort but reading the start to everyone’s diaries has gotten me motivated).

The plan for this year is to make it up as I go along and for some experimental techniques (most of which I haven’t made up yet).

The plan is to try and squeeze 3 different types of grow into this diary before the competition finishes.

First off will be an auto grow, which should be ready for Christmas and the strains seem suitable for winter smoking. Going to go with 4 auto strains (the 3 kindly donated by Sweet Seeds for the competition plus some Cream Caramel Autos I already have in my tin). Another reason for the auto select is I’ve been playing around outdoors this summer with autos and been pretty impressed and then want try hone my techniques indoors. Plus I’ve been frequenting some autoflowering forums to pick up some sneaky hints and tips :wink: .

Phase 1

Right, so we are going to start with these babies (2 of each for now and save the remainder for phase 3).

S.A.D. Auto Lot #720

Fast bud #2 Lot #432

Black Jack Auto Lot #624

Cream Caramel Auto Lot #802

post-12660-0-20542400-1317215805_thumb.jpg

Phase 2

Will be a photoperiod grow starting in December/January with seeds I already have;

Cream Caramel Lot #80 (so I can compare it to the auto version)

Green Poison Lot#82

Double White Lot #86

Plus I have a seed each of Jack 47 & Sweet Cheese and I love these so much they are worthy of another grow. I may also have to get hold of some non auto Black Jack for a comparison.

post-12660-0-57871200-1317215839_thumb.jpg

Phase 3

Will be another Auto grow (possibly). We had a really decent spring last year and if this is repeated, I will try a spring outdoors auto grow.

Just off to clean and disinfect all my equipment and the growroom. The next posts will show the growroom, what mediums , nutrients & lighting I intend to use and also the germination ceremony.

• Like 1

Right, there won't be anything much happening for a few days, so in the meantime enjoy the following video - I was looking for an automatic themed tune and here is Pink Floyd's Welcome to the Machine.

Welcome to Chilli's Sweet Seeds growing machine.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 2

Chilli , Thats a right stack of Sweet Seeds!!

Do you have enough jars? ;) Im hoping I need atleast one more .

Ill be checking out this auto grow

All the best for the comp and grow bud see you around.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

it was a nightmare growing in ambient temperatures of -20°C

You pussy! lol only kidding, fucking low temps can really take the fun out of growing but -20, fuck man :(

I grew the Blackjack earlier in the year and it`s well worth a shot imo

well, good luck and i`l see you in the dam eh? :wink: lol

• Like 1

Welcome to the contest mate! :guitar:

Who ooo.. great colection you have there, hehehe, seems like sooner or later you'll get the whole catalogue :stoned:

Hope you enjoy them and hope you can do at least the same top quality work you did last year :yep:

Good luck mate, I'll be around ;) Sweet regards,

|tommy_g|

• Like 1

Good luck with the Sweet Seeds contest Chilli, i can't wait to see you get cracking.

Cheers Lucifer

yes chilli, good to see you once again in this comp, atb mate

SC

Thanks stonedcold

Chilli , Thats a right stack of Sweet Seeds!!

Do you have enough jars? ;) Im hoping I need atleast one more .

Ill be checking out this auto grow

All the best for the comp and grow bud see you around.

I have plenty of jars mate - the only trouble is most of them are empty :headpain:

good luck chilli mate...

Cheers Se7en

it was a nightmare growing in ambient temperatures of -20°C

You pussy! lol only kidding, fucking low temps can really take the fun out of growing but -20, fuck man :(

I grew the Blackjack earlier in the year and it`s well worth a shot imo

well, good luck and i`l see you in the dam eh?

Looking forward to the Blackjack Ratters.

Hi Chilli, welcome and good luck with your grow

atb

Mm

Thanks Monkey dude.

Welcome to the contest mate!

Who ooo.. great colection you have there, hehehe, seems like sooner or later you'll get the whole catalogue :stoned:

Hope you enjoy them and hope you can do at least the same top quality work you did last year :yep:

Good luck mate, I'll be around ;) Sweet regards,

|tommy_g|

It's getting to be quite a collection Tommy, there's still a few Sweedseeds strains I would like to try, so my collection is likely to build up. I will try my best for this years comp, want to do at least as well as last year.

Good luck with the grow and comp chilli and maybe you'll grab better than your 3rd place :D

ATB :hippy:

Thanks Serpent, it was an honour to share the podium with you last year.

Grow Room

A few quick words about my grow room.

It is 1M wide, 1.4M long and 2.4 M high.

post-12660-0-89787800-1317387078_thumb.jpg

Ventilation – 5” TT twin speed extraction fan with a Rhino carbon filter. 4” Ruck inlet fan.

post-12660-0-30231500-1317387124_thumb.jpg

Heating – Thermostatically controlled underfloor heating with supplemental tube heater.

Walls – Diamond mylar. Floor aluminium.

post-12660-0-99414600-1317387147_thumb.jpg

post-12660-0-13311900-1317387174_thumb.jpg

Insulation – 4” Kingspan

Lighting – 600W Powerplant pro magnetic ballast. Mantis reflector (with some extra fittings to attach UV & IR lamps.

• Like 1

Lamps

I've built up a selection of lamps but I'm guessing the most suitable for autos will be the Sunmaster 600W HPS. I was going to germinate and propigate the seeds under a 6400K CFL but I dropped it this morning getting it out of storage :headpain: - so whilst we are enjoying the current warm weather they will have to germinate on a window sill and then under the metal halide for a few days. As with the last Sweet Seeds grow, I plant on using supplementary UV lighting.

post-12660-0-91846200-1317388116_thumb.jpg

• Like 1