Mr. Cheap And Un-Proffesional tries a little bit harder.

wotnwhy

r3d Thankyou! :) This is certainly cheaper than a lot of the growers here. And I'm most deffinitely a cheerful mother something or other! :hippy: Hope you enjoy the diary! :)

The Plan (continued musings)

Ok, so bear with me on this one.. :stoned:

My 'drobe has a footspace of 80cm by 50cm (rounded down to accomodate for screws/hooks in walls). Not exactly a huge space... In fact, it seems to be the perfect size for 2 plants. But it would be waaay to simple to be sensible and do it that way wouldn't it?! :headpain::wassnnme:

I plan to create 6 self contained mini ScrOG boxes. Essentially they will be a 25cm(W) X 25cm(L) X ?(H) frame, with a base on the bottom and a net on the top. This means I will still be able to take out and move around each plant individually. This (for me) offers enough benifits to negate the loss of potential yeild from individual plants and the 'drobe in general. I would prefer several types of weed that total a small weight than to have a large quantity of one or 2 strains.

As a plant finishes it can be taken out and cropped, and have another one put straight in. The older/larger plants can be moved to the perimiter. And if some get a LOT taller than the others, plants can be raised individually to help maintain as even a canopy as possible.

I hope to start work on these little boxes over the weekend so keep your eyes peeled for updates! :ninja: And of course any comments/advice/opinions are greatly welcomed! (waits for the tirade of common sense :pitchfork: )

So, until next time...

peas/OUT! :yahoo:

Edited by wotnwhy

So the weekends almost over, lets see whats been going on...

Boxes built

post-64756-0-76735400-1318792629_thumb.jpg

With £15 spent on bits of wood, nails and garden wire I've cobbled together these boxes (though only the 2 finished so far :stoned:

post-64756-0-57116000-1318792650_thumb.jpg

The most basic of frames has been made, then nails in top. Wind wire round. Hammer down nails! (It hurt when you catch your own nail on them.. :wassnnme: )

I'm pleased with the outcome of these and think each one could easily hold an oz, if I get anywhere near that mark, I'll be happy :skin_up:

So, with 2 boxes built, and only one plant left in the 'drobe I think it's time for...

Cracking the first beans!

post-64756-0-89667000-1318793000_thumb.jpg

The first 2 places in the 'drobe will be going to Sweet Afghan Delicious and Cream Caramel Auto

post-64756-0-64200600-1318793085_thumb.jpg

They went into the water on Friday. Then shut away in a cupboard until...

... I opened the cupboard this morning to be greated by these happy little chaps:

post-64756-0-89500200-1318793351_thumb.jpg

post-64756-0-56923200-1318793411_thumb.jpg

Lovely stuff! :guitar:

And as-per the plan, we're subsequently popped into their 6L pots and put into their new home along side their older cousin

post-64756-0-23513500-1318793550_thumb.jpg

Current temps are waving between 22-28*c, with humidity between 38 and 50%

Will let you know as soon as my new friends break the surface! Until then..

howdo wotnwhy thats a tasty little upgrade you've done to the drobe there :yep:

have you thought of hanging your extractor off the roof with hooks and bungees? it made mine less rattly :)

good look with your grow yeah, i'll keep bobbing in if you dont mind, i love a war-drobe grow me :stoned:

Off to a great start :yep:

Enjoyed your last diary, great to see another growdrobe in action. :yes:

All the best will stick around, although I tend to lurk and not say much :shutup:

:smokin:

reg llama Thanks for the kind comments! I'm very please with the way the 'drobe has turned out! Each time I open the doors I feel a great sense of pride! :king::rofl:

I have already hung the fan off bungies, makes a big difference! I actually did it because i wanted to hang my light width ways, but after putting some hooks in and hanging it, the buzz from the fan vibrated through the hooks, down the chain, and made the reflector wings buzz!

Chilli Another thankyou for some very kind comments! Hope you enjoy the diary :)

beanpopper Indeedy. Though there is a lot more excitement and anticipation with this grow. Can't wait to see what happens! :naughty:

se7en Thankyou, rather cute aren't they? :mmmmmmm:

Thicky Thankyou :) Hopefully something good will come of them! :afro:

Atomic Haze Glad to have you here! The last diary isn't quite finished yet, so don't stop popping in there just yet! ;)

Anyway, a little bit of news here too. Checked the 'drobe this morning and the Cream Caramel has just broken ground and I can see the SAD poking through, should be out by the time I get home so look forward to their first light pics later tonight! :toldya:

Until then..

Edited by wotnwhy

And what a lovely sight it was to come home to!

So, ladies and gentlemen. It is my great pleasure to introduce to you:

Cream Caramel Day ONE! :B):

post-64756-0-76279000-1318969054_thumb.jpg

In water for 2 days, out of the ground in 2 days! Splendid! :yep:

Sweet Afghan Delicious Day ONE! :B):

post-64756-0-11251300-1318969406_thumb.jpg

Took a couple of hours longer than the Cream Caramel :nope::rofl: The inner skin of the shell was stuck over the top, and looked like she was trying to shake it off, so I gave her a hand ;)

So all in all a textbook start! 2 seeds popped, 2 seeds above soil within 4 days. Already I'm failing to live up to my diary title, but I've not really done a thing, so I think blame needs to be placed firmly on Sweet Seeds! :toot:

Till next time..

A very enjoyable diary to read so far, congratulations on the new arrivals and i'm sure they will love their new home.

All the best. :yep:

• 2 weeks later...

Amnesia Glad your enjoying it! :yes: Hope it continues to entertain you! :guitar:

So 10 days have passed since the first two Sweet Seeds broke ground. Lets have a look at how they've been getting on shall we? :book:

Cream Caramel

Day FOUR

post-64756-0-93053700-1319827119_thumb.jpg

Day SEVEN

post-64756-0-23935500-1319827127_thumb.jpg

Day ELEVEN

post-64756-0-27204800-1319827146_thumb.jpg

Seems to be the thirstier of the 2. Her leaves always droop first. But looking A1! :B):

And how about...

Sweet Afghan Delicious

Day FOUR

post-64756-0-45597700-1319827450_thumb.jpg

Day SEVEN

post-64756-0-94123100-1319827458_thumb.jpg

Day ELEVEN

post-64756-0-95919800-1319827467_thumb.jpg

I think she heard my joke about being the slower plant and has shot into the lead! To get an idea of just how much, here's a final pick of the 2 accompanied by their older cousin, and a couple of other cousins about to pop ;)

post-64756-0-02596900-1319827482_thumb.jpg

So far everythings going smooth :) Though the challenge hasn't really begun yet.. :ouch: Temps have been nice and stable staying between 20 and 32 degrees, with humidity also nice and constant between 35 and 62% :skin_up:

So thats it for now, until next time..