Is It Harvest Time Yet?

WeedyOne

unless you want to smoke the stuff your feeding them.

plus nitrogen is what makes your bud crackle when you smoke it..

id flush it if i were you m8, no legend, just a nicer smoke :guitar:

edit:

ps, i dont think 1 week flush is long enough.

Edited by rastakid

mate i would flush for 10 days,the plant holds nutrients so make shore there all out the leaves shold show u when the plant is holding no more nutrients.. :headpain:

Thanks Dam, but 10 days with no nutrients in NFT seems like an awfully long time, is this definitely ok?

I have read comments from some NFT growers that they don't bother with the so called 'final flush' at all, instead relying on the curing process to improve the quality of the end result.

WeedyOne M8 & harvest 7 -10 days

rastakid Posted on Aug 6 2004, 05:36 AM

just feed them water m8, 

Having recently finished my first grow I kept checking trichs and found that they differed from leaf to leaf.If I had kept on waiting would all trichs have went from clear to cloudy to amber?When I did crop most trichs were cloudy to amber but with some clear ones also.Is there an opptimum point when to harvest?
its very personal and till you know what effect smoking different stages are you`ll never know really what you prefer

when you have gone 3 -5 rounds with the same plant (I Clone) you get to try all different timings. It's treally up to you - pic some and try but I would flush for 5 days first !

Cure well WeedyOne :notworthy:

I think flushing is a good idea. A lot of people do it for a good two weeks before the end. Growing hydroponically means the plants will have a chemical tang without a flush at the end.

The top of the plants may look a little unhealthy with the leaves yellowing due to lack of nutes but the taste is really meant to improve. And curing wont get rid of that taste.

And from what Ive read the best time id when the majority of the trichs are cloudy. When they turn amber the THC is breaking down which u dont want!

(anyone please correct me if this isnt totally spot on!)

Good luck! B)

• 4 weeks later...

I 'flushed' for 2 weeks and for the last 48 hours I turned the lights off. There was a noticeable spurt in bud growth during this last fortnight although leaves and stems seemed to lose strength. I think that was probably nearly 12 weeks in flowering altogether.

430gm of manicured bud dried for 8 days ended up as 120gm dry bud which is now in jars. The dried bud had seemed to lose much of it's powerful smell and smelt a bit like newly mown grass but is now already starting to develop interesting aromas after only 24 hours in the jar.

I have sampled a few of the smaller buds and although a little harsh it smokes well and certainly hits the spot, although Mrs Weedyone says that it is too strong!

My only concern now is that, based on reading UK420 advice, I had expected the drying process to reduce the weight from 430gm to about 70gm or 80gm, so I am worried that there is too much moisture left in the jarred bud. It all seemed nice and dry and the most of the stems were brittle but the jarred weight is about 28% of the wet weight and the standard seems to be about 16%.

I intend to open the jars for a few minutes and inspect the buds daily for a week or two, will that be OK or should I take some other action?

I intend to open the jars for a few minutes and inspect the buds daily for a week or two, will that be OK or should I take some other action?

Sounds ok to me W1......

The moisture left in the buds will be drawn from the middle by the curing process...

just keep airing the jars every day or so.... all will be well m8.. :yep:

Laz

Thanks Lazlo, will do.

I am assuming that after 2 weeks of opening the jars daily for a couple of minutes followed by 4 weeks of opening the jars for a couple of minutes once per week, I can leave the buds to mature on their own for a few months without opening the jars?

Any suggestions for a recommended total curing period? It would be nice to have properly cured bud for Christmas!