Is It Harvest Time Yet?

WeedyOne

This is my first grow and I have a pair of White Widows in NFT that have been flowering for about 9 weeks. There are quite a lot of brown pistils but still some new growth with white pistils.

I was thinking that I should wait another week and wondered what the experts say?

post-111-1091470422.jpg

looks pretty close to me, hard to tell from the pistils right enuf....

can you get a wee 30x microscope or jewellers loupe to check the trichomes?

looks like it can go a bit longer so those buds can fatten more. Then you'l have a real golden harvest. :guitar:

Yes I would say at least a week. I would hope those buds would fatten a bit more before harvest. Have patience my friend!

Thanks everyone, based on that advice I will probably let them go for another week and then change them to water only for a few days, maybe a week, before cropping.

I tried getting a representative shot of the trichomes through my microscope but it didn't work. I saw clear and brown ones and there seem to be more clear then brown.

I did get a shot or two using my magnifying glass, but these pictures are probably not typical or average for the plants overall. Also, I couldn't see brown trichomes using the magnifying glass, but could see quite a few when using the microscope.

post-115-1091551528.jpg

OK. It's coming up to the time for another (the last?) NFT tank change.

Should I use just pH adjusted (?) water with no nutrients as a 'flush' for the last week before harvest or is the 'flushing' another 'urban legend' and is it better to keep feeding right up until the end.

Please excuse profound newbiness.

can you get a wee 30x microscope or jewellers loupe to check the trichomes?

Having recently finished my first grow I kept checking trichs and found that they differed from leaf to leaf.If I had kept on waiting would all trichs have went from clear to cloudy to amber?When I did crop most trichs were cloudy to amber but with some clear ones also.Is there an opptimum point when to harvest?

most ppl chop just as they see the 1st amber heads appear(i think anyway), simply cos its probly the most psycoactive at this point.. like you`ve pointed out, its going to be different on different parts of the plant, so i reckon its best to take it when the lower buds are looking cooked and allow the main cola to follow suite during the curing process...

probly bollox tho !!

its very personal and till you know what effect smoking different stages are you`ll never know really what you prefer :smoke:

its a big adventure & its all fun :wub:

edited cos it didnt look right, still dont really but.. blah ;)

Edited by MDP

:mellow: Nice one I reckon I let a couple of N.Ls go too long, but got the skunk just right (re: we are talking Klump time) Reckon I left N.L. a couple of weeks too long but still done the biz.