Best Way to hang Filter/Fan

Green Panda

• 2 months later...

ive had the hook end of a bungee pop out in the past, nothing drastic happened thankfully (belts and braces were employed luckily) so any bungees that have a decent strain on them get taped up or double knotted on the ends now just incase :stoned:

• 4 weeks later...

Bungees work well I find, but a little tricky at first trying to get them in the right place so they hold everything together in a balanced way. I only use bungees on my smaller 4" extraction, mainly because I didnt think of them when setting up my first tent. However, I think with a heavier setup, like 6"+, chains or something a bit more heavy duty might be more secure. I use appropriately sized nuts and bolts to tie the chain in place, so works out that they are completely adjustable to whatever size filter you need to suspend.

For the fan I used cable ties. Strong as fook, have no concerns about these guys snapping.

post-64249-0-19042300-1323611451_thumb.jpg

post-64249-0-07878600-1323611456_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick addition to this.

I have never used pre-built bungees for anything but I have extensive experience of shockcord with whipped eyes/attachments. Done properly you will be unable to wholly snap even thin(8mm) shockcord. You will either snap the elastic alone, or not even that, the sheath should properly prevent both.

A whipping knot (or two 2cms apart) should be used to connect eyes and attachments should prefefably be nylon. I can do a stage by stage on the knot if needed. It's easy and bombproof if it's tidy.

A point to note on shockcord though, like any spring the cord should be matched to the load, not to do that will result in the elastic being at full stretch and the sheath taking the load(bottomed out). Or conversely, with an oversize cord the elastic will not stretch sufficiently.These defeat the purpose of the cord and you will have something which damps marginally better than string.

I have trusted my body dynamically loading this sort of setup many thousands of times, it works. Like anything where abrasion and conditions can be detrimental, the kit should be checked frequently. For this sort of application perhaps every 50 grows or so, if left setup.

cheers

Hm