Best Way to hang Filter/Fan

Green Panda

as the title says, I set up my tent and before I wire my fan and attach my ducting etc has anyone any pointers on the most secure way to hang these in te tent ?

Dont want a massive filter falling on my ladys

Thanks

:yinyang:

I do mine with them and they have always been fine for the job.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I got too long ones as there is a bit of "bounce".

What length are yours ?

Also how many do you use ?

Edited by Green Panda

They hold mine fairly tight to the top of my tent but not stretched over either. I don't know the length off hand. I have 4 holding my CF and ruck.

E:sp

Edited by chickenlipsr4

best way to hang is snug and not touching anything. ;) You need to figure out how to do that with the materials you have.

best way to hang is snug and not touching anything. ;) You need to figure out how to do that with the materials you have.

eah ?

i think what rand means is the bungees should be tight and not to slack . if youve hung your cf and the bungees are slack can you not hang the two ends of the bungee from the same point if you no what i mean

Edited by davie blah

i think what rand means is the bungees should be tight and not to slack . if youve hung your cf and the bungees are slack can you not hang the two ends of the bungee from the same point if you no what i mean

emm kinda :P

How you doing mate ? Did you catch up with my thread ?

:guitar:

aye had a wee look earlier looking good mate. what i mean is i take it your bungees when up are like a u shape attacked at each side if there slack attach the two ends two one side . thats probably clear as mud lol

aye had a wee look earlier looking good mate. what i mean is i take it your bungees when up are like a u shape attacked at each side if there slack attach the two ends two one side . thats probably clear as mud lol

What like a double loop ?

Ill give it a try if not just get smaller ones.

Night folks :smokin:

I attached my fan and filter to a piece of foil covered wood, then screwed some hooks in the wood and hooked the wood to the metal bar. This keeps it all tight and as one piece so no loosening of the ducting.

Bungee's don't seem too safe to me, I always feel like I'll wake up one day with my filter and fan sitting atop smushed plants.

I use 4 ratchet straps because you can assemble your fan and filter, rig up your clamps then transfer the full assembly into the 4 ratchet straps. I use large bud boxes and run the ratchets between the 2 roofing struts.

The benefit I can see with bungees is they wont cover much of the filter.

I used to use Jack chain, but if your a short arse like me hoisting a fan filter assembly and connecting it up to the roof chain is a right bastard.

• 3 weeks later...

What like a double loop ?

Ill give it a try if not just get smaller ones.

Night folks :smokin:

Bit late now I'll admit, but... next time just slide the hook on the cord to the length you want and tie a good tight knot above it.

How hard was that.

:)

Hiya mate

I use "spider" bungees meant for strapping things onto the back of a motorbike.

Sort of two bungees run through a metal ring affair, works a treat.

They come in different lengths and are nice and cheap :)

STC