SAD Auto not an auto?

Evertondave

Hi Tommy,

Been having a bit of trouble with an SAD I've got going at the minute. It's on Day 41 today, and still hasn't shown any real sign of flowering.

I've got a Big Devil (day 33) and a Black Jack (day 28) and both of those are showing buds and pistils, the SAD just keeps vegging :skull:

Has anyone reported non auto's being mixed in with auto's for this strain? Or is it perhaps just a (very!) slow starter?

The seeds are from Lot 08, 14 December 2010. I've detailed the problems in grow 3 (see sig). It's getting too big for my tent now compared to the others so I need to make a decision whether to ditch it or not. Even put my lights to 12/12 over the weekend in an attempt to kick her into flower. Not seen much difference but it's only been 3 days since i did that.

Thanks in advance for your help. If you want up to date photo's, let me know and I'll get some tomorrow (going bed in a minute :) )

Hello EVertonDave, Ive got and S.A.D auto and a Black Jack Auto both under 250w CFL, the Black jack is much bigger than the SAD and more branchy, but both are flowering nicely at day 30, Maybe as you say its a S.A.D reg/fem, hope it kicks in for you soon :yinyang:

Graeto

Hi mate!

Not very usual, I even checked the lote number and date from my SAD Auto pack and it's the same as yours... But well, that doesn't mean much in this case. I'll take note of this in case someone else experiences the same thing.

In my personal opinion, if you think the other plants can fill your closet good enough for a nice harvest, you should take them out. You say they are much bigger than the others and even if they start flowering they will always be a problem for you. But the ideal would be if you have any outdoor place to leave them, because I suppose the plants are healthy and promising a good production so it would be sad to lost them :unsure:

And I also think that if you keep with 12/12 for a week or two they will inevitably start flowering. Just for you to have an idea and decide for yourself, going 12/12 all the way until harvest would cost you a reduction of around 10%-25% on the production of the other autos you have there (a plant of 30 grams would produce around 26 grams) but you would compensate that with the production of the SADs and with the lower energy expenses, with the lights being on for only 2/3 of the time. But if the SADs are much bigger you would have to put the light in a diagonal position.

Let us know how it keeps going, sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Hi m8 got the same with my S.A.D's (day 48 today and preflowers only showing!) BUT the Creme Caramel is FLYING ahead and is budding nicely. Guess they just take a while longer..... But the buggers are MASSIVE now (biggest AUTO's i've ever done!). Good luck... Be worth it mind.

Thanx.

I've got a lowlife auto ak47, been going since about January!!! Thought it was buggard due to cold temps, took months to get the conditions right but then still no flowering, now been on 12/12 for around 4 weeks and budding like a bitch, fills a 1m x 1m tent!

And I also think that if you keep with 12/12 for a week or two they will inevitably start flowering. Just for you to have an idea and decide for yourself, going 12/12 all the way until harvest would cost you a reduction of around 10%-25% on the production of the other autos you have there (a plant of 30 grams would produce around 26 grams) but you would compensate that with the production of the SADs and with the lower energy expenses, with the lights being on for only 2/3 of the time. But if the SADs are much bigger you would have to put the light in a diagonal position.

Let us know how it keeps going, sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Cheers Tommy. Have put the lights back to 12/12 to see what happens. So far all that's happened is the Big Devil started stretching like anything!! I'll keep you updated, anyhow :yinyang:

Hi m8 got the same with my S.A.D's (day 48 today and preflowers only showing!) BUT the Creme Caramel is FLYING ahead and is budding nicely. Guess they just take a while longer..... But the buggers are MASSIVE now (biggest AUTO's i've ever done!). Good luck... Be worth it mind.

Cheers, glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'll have a look in your diary in a minute :yep:

I've got a lowlife auto ak47, been going since about January!!! Thought it was buggard due to cold temps, took months to get the conditions right but then still no flowering, now been on 12/12 for around 4 weeks and budding like a bitch, fills a 1m x 1m tent!

Don't say that, I've only got 60cm x 60cm to play with and there's 7 others in there already :blub:

I have a plan to hopefully deal with all this, but I'll wait till I update my diary later.

Thanks for the replies everyone. :spliff:

• Like 1

Hey guys I think i''m in the late to non-auto SAD gang! Mine are about 35-40days from sproutin and no sign of any flowers yet....a tad annoying! At least its not just me :russian:

Hi mates!

As I see that at least 3 of you guys are experiencing this, please share your lote number (you can see it in the package) and date of harvest of the seeds (also in the package) so we can compare data and maybe come to a conclusion ;)

Sweet smokes, kind regards,

|tommy_g|

Hi Tommy unfortunately i disposed of the pack when i planted the S.A.D's (i CAN'T be sure BUT when i read the pack when they got here SOMETHING about the date made me go "huh"??). I Think it said 2009 and i thought this was "weird" because they are a "newer" AUTO strain are they not??

Don't take this as Gospel mind but there was something about the date i remember being "weird" at the time...... But the last harvest of Creme Caramels removed the "details" from my brain!!! :spliff::rofl::rofl:.

Thanx.

Likewise i threw my packet away as soon as i germed i planted them about the 3rd May and like i said not a sign of flower...i'll post some pics later as soon as i grab camera!

Hi Thestiff1 yeah REAL annoying this. I'm thinking of just scrapping the S.A.D's as there is going to be a point when it's just not worth the £'s to keep feeding them and have them using the electric when i could just start something else off. We are struggling to afford to smoke as it is (well the mrs is now as we just can't afford for both of us to smoke so i have given it up about a week now!).

Growing our own was the best way to keep us in quality weed..... That we didn't have to pay £10 on the "g" for not impressed by THESE S.A.D's at all they seem to be just stuck in veg/preflower and are just slowly taking over the Drobe. The only "producer" in the Drobe at the moment is the CC AUTO which is getting less and less light/space every day!!

Don't want to but sooner (rather than later) i'm going to have to do something or i'm going to have a Drobe full of useless "vegging" massive NON-AUTO S.A.D's i understand by there very nature plants/seeds can throw a "funny" but there are three of us growing these ALL with the same issue so has to be more than "coincidence" and to be honest i can't afford to buy non AUTO's grow them for 50+ days feed them look after them make sure we have electric THEN find out that i might have to just "kill" them..... The word "waste" comes to mind.

Thanx.

Just to update on mine, she still hasn't bothered herself flowering despite a week on 12/12, so she's been relegated to a dark cupboard till I decide what to do with her.

I just updated my thread with all the details, but basically, two plants really needed potting up, so she's out and the other plants (both Sweet Seeds as well, as it happens!) got their new homes. Also, lights are back on 19/5, which should help all of them.

Weird plant is my Sadie tbh, really healthy, I loved her as a young plant, she just won't flower! I wish I could keep her to see what would happen, but I just don't have any secure "experimental" space available :(

edit: Forgot to mention, the plant I've named "Sad Sack" in my grow thread 3 is an SAD from the same pack, so I'll keep you updated on how she gets along as well.

Edited by Evertondave

Great! :wallbash: Thats just what i need to hear i'm just about to "donate" the Creme Christmas Tree to the girlfriends nipper and switch the S.A.D's to 12/12 (the CC AUTO would never hack it as it just has nowhere to "stretch" as it only got about an inch before it hit my reflector). So if the S.A.D's won't even flower with 12/12 i have to ask what the hell are they breeding!!!

It's bad enough we got normal fems instead of AUTO's....... But now to top it off you get some sort of "freak" that won't even flower with 12 hours of dark (and i JUST KNOW it's prob going to be the same for me to... Got that feelling. What a load of :censored::censored:. you know if this was anything else but Cannabis we would have some sort of consumer laws BUT it's not like i can just turn up at The Attitude with them and ask for my money back and say they were "faulty".

I mean who takes it on the chin for this?? I'm sure you did the best for your plants because i know i did but after all this time (50+ days) i could be left with NOTHING to show for it bar an electric bill!!! very VERY DISAPPOINTED and to be honest i doubt (if this turns out to be the case for me to) that Sweet Seeds will feature in my Drobe again.

Hope you have better luck with your other strains and sorry for "crapping" in your thread dave just :censored: off wasting time and money we don't have.

(POST EDITED BECAUSE MALE PLANT WAS Creme Caramel NOT S.A.D)

Thanx.

Edited by Darkstalker420

Hi mates!

Sorry, I've been out for a couple of days, that's why I don't post here since last wednesday...

Darkstalker420: sorry mate, I first answered your private message and only after I came here to read this thread. So just forget about me asking for the lote number of the pack of seeds...

Hope my answer to your PM can help with this, we'll keep in touch.

EvertonDave and Thestiff1: sorry about your situation also :unsure: I'm going to send you a PM explaning what you should do to contact the seedbank..

We'll keep in touch,

Kind regards,

|tommy_g|

Thanks Tommy for the help i've emalled Sweet Seeds and gave them a link to my diary so they can see for themselves hope we can all figure out what happened.

Good luck evertondave!.... If it pans out do you think we will get the "biggest S.A.D's in recorded history awards"??? :doh::rofl:

The stiff1 just noticed that you planted about the start of May!! did you get them from The Attitude by any chance??? i planted mine on the 9th of MAY!! (see a pattern emerging here).

Thanx.

Edited by Darkstalker420