• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MDP

• Kondor

• mickle

• rastakid

Top Posters In This Topic

they still aint dry, still have moisture,

im still wandering if freeze drying works, with good air flow, and etc.

maybe not a house hold freezer but something else with good ventilation, maybe :smug:

ill show myself to the door

:!: this is gettin rediculous, kondor we aint worried bout photosynthesis occurring m8, the plant has already been chopped down hence dead or atleast dying very quickly.

i`ll stand by my original suggestion that you will merely be keepin your buds fresh for aslong as poss if you store them in a fridge.....

anyone? :unsure:

btw the humidity in my fridge is sitting around normal... 50% +/- 5%

right im sorry but bean testing bread testing wtf u casnt compare them to weed, get a bit o weed stick it in if yer confident i recon ull have bout 5 days before it moulds ;)

less talk of beanz and actually test it using a bud not beanz becuase beanz aint anything like bud

if yer doing a test to figure sommet out about weed use weed

beanz :!:

:unsure:

In my experience, based on years of empirical scientific testing, I can conclude that beans left out grow green fur, while beans left in the fridge grow blue mould.

Edited by Boojum

this is gettin rediculous, kondor we aint worried bout photosynthesis occurring m8, the plant has already been chopped down hence dead or atleast dying very quickly.

you might not think that drying in light or dark makes no difference, but I think general opinion is it does make a difference. I thought the general opinion was that it made a difference because of the fact that when you dry in the light some photosythesis still takes place and stops the chlorophyll from decaying.

Is this right?

Your right though, it is silly :unsure: I never claim to be anything but a "mad wanna be scientist" with a spelling problem. But I dont really like thinking inside the box and love to experiment with stuff.

By the way, a few folks have made the valid comment about lettuce ect being kept in the fridge. Notice that the lettuce is kept in a crisper draw (plastic draw with a glass sheet over it) and not in the rest of the fridge. Also, if you have something in the crisper draw you should notice some condensation on the underside of this glass sheet. Can someone go and have a look and tell me if there is water under there or if it is just me.

obviously I wasnt suggesting drying it in the crisper draw as the intention of the glass is to capture the moisture and drop it back on to whatever is in there.

When I get some fresh bud I will put some in the fridge for 48hrs followed by various hrs at 45 degrees C untill it is dry.

When I get some fresh bud I will put some in the fridge for 48hrs followed by various hrs at 45 degrees C untill it is dry.

Why the combination of the two? I thought you were just going to test drying in the fridge to see if it does indeed dry.

anyone? :spliff:

btw the humidity in my fridge is sitting around normal... 50% +/- 5%

Im with you on the staying fresh thing lol

And thanks for checking that out i forgot lol

you might not think that drying in light or dark makes no difference, but I think general opinion is it does make a difference. I thought the general opinion was that it made a difference because of the fact that when you dry in the light some photosythesis still takes place and stops the chlorophyll from decaying.

Is this right?

People also dry in the dark because of mould, Mould needs light and moistuer to breed.

kondor, theres no reason why you cant dry in the light m8, it wont affect photosynthesis cos the plant is dead, photosynthesis is like our digestive system ie it stops when were dead!!

my belief is we dry in the dark because trichomes are destroyed by sunlight thus relieveing the buds of a fair bit of potency, nothing to do with chorophyll or photosynthesis ;)