Fridge Dry

Kondor

ok, me and someone else have been having a disscusion on this.

I reckon a fridge will dry stuff out, he dont. I was wondering if anyone had ever used a fridge for drying.

Anyone?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MDP

• Kondor

• mickle

• rastakid

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be honest m8 ,there is alot of moisture in a fridge , hence the reason why my pc isnt inside one :yep:

anyone? im still waiting to be re-educated kondor dood ;)

next harvest i`ll put some air buds in the fridge and some others in my normal drying area, i`ll see which dries 1st :yep:

think lettuce m8, where do you keep(as in keep fresh) yours?

;)

I'm not too sure on this one. I reckon that, being an enclosed space, the bud may never dry out, having much the same effect as sitting it in a closed jar. If the fridge was big enough, I reckon that the overall level of moisture inside the fridge may become low enough to enable the bud to dry. I seriously have my suspicions though, and will almost certainly never have the patience to try it out. I've usually smoked half the plant before it's dry. :afro:

unless you convert the fridge surely the fridge is missing one ingredient for proper drying.........

AIR.... all that water in the buds and no air has to be screaming out mould...

but im just guessing.... :stoned:

Fridges have no mechanism for water removal that i'm aware of so fridges cannot remove water (i.e dry) or we'd all constantly be emptying our fridges of water.

If anything they gather water as when you open the fridge new air enters and the moisture from it condenses, then when you open the fridge again the dry air leaves and new moist air comes, and over and over :yinyang::stoned:

While this topic came up I wondered if anyone has any comments on using fruit dessicators to dry bud.

dammit man i was just asking myself this question earlier yesterday!

heh funny that, thanks for asking for me, and answering.

the reason i didnt ask is cause i didnt think it'd work :wassnnme:

why doesn't someone just put their hygrometer in the fridge for half an hour and see what the RH is?

i suspect that it will be way too high to dry bud, and SR's point is the best one so far, No AIR FLOW!! not good for drying buds!

i know :wassnnme:, i should have said..

but my lettuice in my fridge goes icy :/

i meant by the same means you'd freeze dry normal foods.

I dont think this is as mad as it first seems. For example if i put a bowl of baked beans in the fridge with some sauce in it it will, in a few days bee a dried up mess. Explain that then you naysayers

I dont think this is as mad as it first seems. For example if i put a bowl of baked beans in the fridge with some sauce in it it will, in a few days bee a dried up mess. Explain that then you naysayers

See how much quicker your beans dry out if you put them in a warm place with constant air flow.

As MDP said earlier; if i put lettuce in my fridge it stays fresher (i.e. doesn't dry out) longer.

My thoughts on doing this were mainly because chlorophyll hates the cold, photosynthesis just dosent happen effectively at all in temps below about 5 degrees (hence brown leaves in autumn) and also in temps above 40 degrees (hence yellow leaves when you get em too hot)

The drying process must give the chlorophyll time to be removed, or else it will end up with a grassy/harsh taste.

Now, if we try to dry it at 40 degrees, it will work of course, but it might dry too fast. The solution to this has been to dry the buds slowly, bascially using "time" to wait for the chlorophyll to be destroyed and then the buds dry out afterwards. It is an artform in itself getting the temperature and timing right in order that your buds dry after the chlorophyll has been destroyed, and one that can go wrong and ruin everything.

I thought, if a fridge did dry stuff out, at slower than the chlorophyll dying off, then it would be safer, better tasting bud.