Frank Zappa Fan Thread

Hughie Green

Percussionist,guitarist,composer,satirist,film maker and self confessed "freak" as in "I'm no hippy!, I'm a freak!" Frank Zappa was and is in my opinion one of our finest modern composers and a genius, some find him difficult to get into some view his work as "comedy music"

while there is a large amount of obvious humour to some of his work the level of satire

often goes unnoticed by the casual listener/viewers with this in mind I present one of my favourite Zappa compositions Thingfish, usually referered to as a concept album the piece was intended to be presented on Broadway as a rock opera, anyhoo the story is based on actual events when black people were subjected to experiments with venereal diseases namely Syphilis, (The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment) tweaked by the imagination of Frank to bring it up to date with reference to HIV/AIDS.

There are many references to other songs featured on other albums due to Franks idea of conceptual continuity ;)

The pronunciation featured by the narrator is a parody of black vernacular and operatic style, those easily offended may wish to avoid this thread entirely!.

Headphones are a must :skin_up:

Thingfish prologue

The Mammy Nuns

Edited by Hughie Green
  • Like 5

Guest cpt beefheart

ellinoir enema bandit it`s a fav of mine zappa der man strictly comecianel is a fav album and bat chain puller love`s zappa good thread dude keep it up yeahhhhhhhhhhhh

cpt

Guest cpt beefheart

please excuse my spelling i got a job to see the keyboard lol lol good thread wake this planet up a bit

cpt