Videos

Joolz

As some of the more keen eyed of you will have already noticed, due to the huge popularity of posting youtube vids here we have just installed our very own Video System :)

At the moment it's in test mode but we hope to make it available to all members as soon as possible

Basically it's a our own "youtube", but instead of uploading videos here, it allows you the members to add videos from youtube, Vimeo Video, liveleak etc just as we do now into posts and it allows other members to rate videos, leave comments, add them to a favourites list to name but a few things.

At the moment we have several huge threads running that hold 1000's and 1000's of videos and unless the poster takes the time to write what the video is in the actual post, then once it's dropped off the front page of the thread it's gone and it can't be searched for as the search system can't read the videos, so if you want to view the vid again at a later date you have to go hunting through the threads to find them

The video system will group all of the videos together in fully searchable categories, suggestions for categories and sub categories will be gratefully received :)

I also think it would be a useful way of grouping together and presenting pro cannabis videos, cannabis as a medicine etc, there are 1000's on you tube, over time we could build up a very comprehensive library of pro cannabis media :)

Once the system is fully tested and rolled out to all members then posting videos is no more difficult than it is to post a youtube video to the forums, You just add a title, select a category, post the url to the vid , add a comment if you wish and hit send :)

videos sites currently supported are :

*YouTube

*Google Video

*MySpace Video

*Liveleak Video

*Metacafe Video

*Vimeo Video

*CollegeHumor Video

*Yahoo! Video

*Dailymotion

we hope you find the new addition to the site useful :yinyang:

• Like 4

just to check, if we add a video from utube ..and it gets removed from utube ..will it still be available on 420?

no mate if youtube take a video down then it will no longer be available here

if you find a dead vid at any time in the future just hit the report button and one of the mod team will delete it

Edited by Joolz

Sounds awesome. Another reason for me, and anyone else, to subscribe (once I've paid my council tax, that is lol )

• Like 1

Is it still ok forum etiquette to just post up yt links inside a thread??

There's quite a few news/current affairs type vids that I'd post up but probably arent relevant/interesting enough to include in the uk420.tv area...dont wanna be all clogging the place up.

when posting videos can you not post the media url in the "video content" section as it makes the video appear in the sidebar as well as where its supposed to.

That section is to add a full description if available, if not just enter the video title again :)