• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darkstalker420

• Serpent

• AustrianToker

• Sweet Seeds-tommy

Thanks harry. Roots have made it to the bottom of the 9"er's already (yesterday!). Good old Magic Granules! lol. Growing these Creme Caramels this time has shown me how LITTLE you actually have to do to get good smoking weed! I mean all that these girls have had so far is ONE (few drops!) dose of Bio Silicon! the rest is from the compost!

Not sure if these ladies will need a feed at all (have some OT1 Bloom if they must). def get your money's worth from these AUTO's (18/6 electric/not much feed if any!) really considering going "FULL AUTO"!! :skin_up: and just doing AUTO's (lots of variety now in the AUTO market AND crossed with some "decent" strains/genetics.

Thanx.

Another cream caramel grow.... it's the one that's finally tipped me into ordering some lol

The name sounds so nice my mouth's watering already, will keep an eye on this one as well as all the others! :book:

Hi M8. Couldn't ask for easier plants to grow really just potted up a few times and watered and the girls just keep getting better. (Something you should know about me is that im one of those growers that on occasion loves there plants a little to much :wassnnme: and im sure my Smurfberry AUTO's suffered because of my constant "fussing/pampering" lol.

So this grow i have made a (quite difficult imho!) effort to only do something in the Drobe when the plants ASK/NEED for something rather than the "more is better approach" that some times has me almost "fighting myself" throughout the grow :wanker::wassnnme:lol!!

Lots of juicy white roots at all the drain holes now :guitar: the secondary branches on three of the girls have started to stretch out now (helped a bit by tucking some fan leaves to expose the shoots). One thing i did learn from my prev AUTO grow is that there is plenty to be made from the side branching on these plants.

Day 22 now here are the pix note the side branch growth.

Thanx.

post-50550-0-92372900-1300871402_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darkstalker420

Day 27 now girls are doing GREAT! had another small (few drops) of Bio Silicon at last watering. Not a lot to say really.... No dramas (!!) everything er.. going to er.. plan!! (don't usually go like this lmao! girls are taking care of themselves really).... JUST ADD WATER!

Some pix.

Thanx.

post-50550-0-28681600-1301300236_thumb.jpg

Another. Turns out the phone has a scratch on the lens lol! (pics blurry one side!). Will get a cam to do me girl's justice one day. Till then however blurry pics AHOY! :wallbash:

Thanx.

post-50550-0-87840100-1301300604_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darkstalker420

Thanks for the replies. Girls looking great still watered yesterday and gave them a very small (not even half a teaspoon between them) dose of Molasses. one thing i have noticed since then is that the stems (petioles??) and main stem have a purple hue to them? and they didn't have it before the watering......

Prob me "flapping" but it was about this time my Smurfberrys started going "south" and purple petioles were one of the signs!!! and i have to say they don't seem quite as green as they were! (same as the Smurfberrys again). I was thinking about a SMALL 2ml per LTR dose of Old Timers Bloom the next time i water but to be honest not sure if this could make matters worse? (i also read that purple petiole can be Phosphorus EXCESS as well as not enough)!?! But in my opinion they could do with a spot of N

And also the leaves feel more crispy (like you could snap them) i have to note that temps have remained more or less constant (26/28 Daytime to 22/23 Nighttime). Just don't want to make the same mistake again :headpain:

Though like i said girls still look great will post some pics up in the next few days.

Thanx.

Anyone??? :unsure:. Here are the "symptoms".

Purple petioles (not seen this on any of them before this!).

Purple Trunk (more at the bottom?)and also on the underside of some fan leaves.

Progressive yellowing.

They were potted up into the 9" pots @ Day 18 (now 30) so figure they need a feed (at least some Nitrogen) this is what the plant issues FAQ says for N def:

Nitrogen Deficiencies:

Plants will exhibit lack of vigour, slow growth and will be weak and stunted. Quality and yield will be significantly reduced. Older leaves become yellow (chlorotic) from lack of chlorophyll. Deficient plants will exhibit uniform light green to yellow on older leaves, these leaves may die and drop. Leaf margins will not curled up noticeably. Chlorosis will eventually spread throughout the plant. Stems, petioles and lower leaf surfaces may turn purple.

I figure that these girls need some Nitrogen (that's the easy part lol!). BUT to give them some i will have to give them (more) Phosphorous/Potassium (only have "bloom" nutes :unsure:). And as this only began when they got some Molasses (not even half a teaspoon in 400ml of water @ 100ml each in 2LTRs of water). So i would hope that ain't the problem (HOWEVER the Smurfberry i did had the SAME issues shortly after giving them Molasses?? (even about the same time about Day 29-30!!)

Here is what the FAQ says about Phosphorus deficiency:

Phosphorus (P) deficiency:

Figure 11 is severe phosphorus (P) deficiency during flowering. Fan leaves are dark green or red/purple, and may turn yellow. Leaves may curl under, go brown and die. Small-formed buds are another main symptom.

Phosphorus deficiencies exhibit slow growing, weak and stunted plants with dark green or purple pigmentation in older leaves and stems.

Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn't be tolerated. Red petioles and stems are a normal, genetic characteristic for many varieties, plus it can also be a co-symptom of N, K, and Mg-deficiencies, so red stems are not a foolproof sign of P-deficiency. Too much P can lead to iron deficiency.

Purpling: accumulation of anthocyanin pigments; causes an overall dark green colour with a purple, red, or blue tint, and is the common sign of phosphate deficiency. Some plant species and varieties respond to phosphate deficiency by yellowing instead of purpling. Purpling is natural to some healthy ornamentals.

Both say purpling/possible lightening of leaves? BUT im not sure i need to ad P K but def some N. I guess im trying to avoid the same mistake with these CC AUTOS (i flushed the Smurfberrys thinking P overfert lastime.... Made them worse :wallbash:). So this time i PROB will try a 3ml per LTR feed (each) BUT worried in case its P EXCESS then I'M GONNA MAKE IT WORSE!

Anyone know how i can get some N (Organically) into them WITHOUT P K (Only have OT Bloom which has P K)?? Can't afford to buy some VEG nutes at the moment..... I "heard" :wassnnme: you can ahem.... Add urine as a good source of N.... This could work but i guess you don't just "re-leave" yourself into the pots?? (mix with water i guess???) Sounds a bit grim BUT if it helps my girls so be it.

Of course any advice help much appreciated. They are due a water in a couple of days SO:

1. Give small (2-3ml) shot of bloom nutes and prey it's Deficiency.

2. Give plain water and prey it's excess.

3. Give some N (urine!?).

I picked #2 with my last AUTO's and this was prob WRONG! (could never pull it back from this and 2 of them "died" @ Day 47 bright yellow (white) with purple petioles!) trying to avoid that "scenario" this time lmao!

Thanx.