The Outdoor Drying Thread

Loam Gnome

Anyone planning on trying to dry/cure outdoors this year? :ninja:

just drying for me :yahoo:,curing outdoors got me wondering though

Edited by ballzozaki

I might seeing as marcos has got good results, i dont see why you couldnt pull of a successful 90 percent dry outdoors under a camo tarp tied with camo string ( all very cheap on the interweb ) handy things to have fo if u wanna go camping too :smoke:

Guest 420Farmer

I dried a few plants outdoor a few seasons ago. No tarp just hanging straight in a tree as i had no more space to dry indoors, but it was quite a dry few weeks. No bud rot at got it about 80% dry, Not something a would risk my whole harvest on though.

post-36943-0-16712100-1301481157_thumb.jpg

Edited by 420Farmer

Groovy stuff 420. We are aiming to pull over 100 Oz so we wanna keep it all stealthy. Camp tarps will indeed come in handy elsewhere to Wolf :) If we can get it mostly dried outdoors by some means then the rest can be arranged after. Be a lot less bulky to move by then too and the main smelly bit kept from home too. Am after an effective organic anti mould spray that I can use through to near the end of flowering that will retard all dodgy spores, to help things along. I guess neem, tea tree spray is worth a go but

not for the last week or so as it has a strong flavour/smell. But sprayed on regular it might actually camouflage the smell of the girls as they peak too...Want to hear more bout this. ;)

Edited by Loam Gnome

Only if I pull off a massive harvest, like 100 oz :ninja:

100oz ? thought you said if you pull of a massive harvest :wassnnme:

peace out farmer boy

I might seeing as marcos has got good results, i dont see why you couldnt pull of a successful 90 percent dry outdoors under a camo tarp tied with camo string ( all very cheap on the interweb ) handy things to have fo if u wanna go camping too :smoke:

Like one of these?????, hollowed out the inside of a bush a built this inside, close to 2 of my sites. I dont know wether im gona dry in it yet tho, just use it for stashin all of my equipment and having a sit down, also somewhere i can go if it starts throwing it down. :D

post-59582-0-60997600-1301508053_thumb.jpgpost-59582-0-25825500-1301508060_thumb.jpgpost-59582-0-07690500-1301508046_thumb.jpg <inside

• Like 1

I thought 100 was a lot, for Scotland anyway :lookaround:

Don't worry mate just a lot of bluster and bravado from me :sly: at 51 lat but, sounds true for Farmer Boy :king: (the flash git).... ~It is achievable though and we really are aiming that far this year so keeping everything crossed and :ninja:

Like one of these?????, hollowed out the inside of a bush a built this inside, close to 2 of my sites. I dont know wether im gona dry in it yet tho, just use it for stashin all of my equipment and having a sit down, also somewhere i can go if it starts throwing it down. :D

post-59582-0-60997600-1301508053_thumb.jpgpost-59582-0-25825500-1301508060_thumb.jpgpost-59582-0-07690500-1301508046_thumb.jpg <inside

Sweetness.... :eat:

Hey outdoor dryers Heads Up! Check out old 'pill boxes'. They are dotted around the countryside from the days when we thought the Jerry's might invade. To house machine gunners. They are strategically along railway lines. Some are overgrown but many in perfect condition. Find one on railway land and you will be sorted. they have good ventilation and are dark and you could even fit a lockable steel door. We are gonna secure one and use a small gas heater inside too ;)

hi loam knome

your lookin for anti mould spray?

looked at amistar?

its expensive but a bottle would last a lifetime

was reccomended by esben from hybrids from hell

thats what danish breeders/ growers use here is some info

AMISTAR

FUNGICIDES

SUMMARY OF INFORMATION

FORMULATION & ACTIVE INGREDIENT:

AMISTAR is a suspension concentrate containing 250 g/l (23.1% w/w) azoxystrobin.

MAPP NUMBER: 10443

PACK SIZE: 5 litres

TARGETS:

Wheat: Septoria tritici, Septoria nodorum, Yellow Rust, Brown Rust, Ear Diseases. Can reduce the severity of Take-all.

Barley: Net Blotch, Brown Rust, Powdery Mildew – moderate, Rhynchosporium – reduction. Can reduce the severity of Take-all.

Oats: Crown Rust, Powdery Mildew – moderate.

Rye and Triticale: Brown Rust, Rhynchosporium – reduction, Powdery Mildew – moderate. Can reduce the severity of Take-all.

Peas – Combining and Vining: Leaf and Pod Spot – useful control. When AMISTAR is used to control Leaf and Pod Spot, some control of Grey Mould and Mycosphaerella blight may be achieved.

Bulb Onions: Downy Mildew.

Leeks: Leaf Rust, Purple Blotch – moderate.

Carrots: Alternaria Leaf Blight, Powdery Mildew

Asparagus: Stemphylium, Rust.

Field Beans: Rust.

Potatoes: For the reduction of soil-borne infections caused by: Stem Canker and Black Scurf, Black Dot.

Oilseed Rape: Dark Leaf and Pod Spot, Sclerotinia Stem Rot.

Brassicas: For moderate control of: White Blister, Ring Spot, Alternaria

my latest thoughts on extra big harvest/drying problems is to simply freeze it and do hash run with it at later date