Cream Caramel Auto ® | Black Jack Auto ®

Sweet Seeds-tommy

Strain Report

..::|Black Jack Auto|::..

gallery_44939_3146_19537.jpg

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Black Jack Auto (Autoflowering version of Black Domina x Jack Herer)

Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds

Judge: Tommy

Grower: Tommy

Report date: 11 Feb 2011

gallery_44939_3146_139815.jpg gallery_44939_3146_64153.jpg

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 17

Yield: 17

Appearance: 15

Visible trychomes: 19

Aroma of the dried flowers: 17

Taste of the smoke/vapor: 18

Texture of the smoke/vapor: 18

Tolerance: 16

Effect: 19

Buzz duration: 19

Final result: 17,5 (175/200)

gallery_44939_3146_150718.jpg gallery_44939_3146_125696.jpg

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: A very fast growth with the plants starting flowering at days 25-30 since germination. It doesn’t get fat very fast but in the second half of flowering the flowers are filled well. With a very short flowering period, of around 35 days, the flowers inflated as much as they usually do with the non-auto varieties I’m used to grow in this same closet and with the same conditions. For 7 litre pots the flowers are very good in terms of quantity and size. Not many branches, but the 3 or 4 branches produced (besides the main cola) are covered with very dense flowers. Well grown and with the conditions I have in my grow setup they get to a height of 45-60cm. Outdoors and with more soil they can probably grow higher than this.

Aroma and taste descriptions: With all its resin she features a strong aroma, sweet and incensed, with touches of cathedral like some Hazes. The sweetness is citric and floral. Sometimes the aroma is so strong that makes the herb difficult to smell, but to smoke or vaporize it is a very pleasant aroma, with a taste that remains in the mouth from the first hit until a few time after being consumed. The taste is as pleasant and aromatic as the taste of the non-auto version of Black Jack. To be true I prefer both the taste and the effect of this autoflowering version. The thickness of the smoke/vapor is very pleasant to the respiratory system, allowing the tongue and nose to perfectly recognize the complexity of its aromas.

:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:

......[1 - hardly noticeable <|> 10 - strong presence]......

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [ ] Ammonia [ ] Anise [ ] Berry [ ] Blueberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Church [7] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [2]

Chocolate [ ] Citric [4] Coconut [ ] Fuel [2] Sweet [5] Spices [2] Floral [6] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Candy [2] Hashish [3] Weed [ ]

Iron [ ] Incense [4] Soap [ ] Lemon [1] Wood [4] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [2] Menthol [2] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [3]

Nutmeg [ ] Oil [ ] Perfume [1] Leather [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [ ]

Skunk [ ] Earthy [2] Grape [ ] Vanilla [ ]

gallery_44939_3146_79962.jpg gallery_44939_3146_68795.jpg

Efect descriptions: The effect is very cheerful and helps to achieve some good laughs, which makes it special to use in the company of friends. It lasts for a while and, when the laughs subside, the relaxation and the munchies arrive. It’s good to increase appetite and its effect is so strong and long lasting that even after a good meal one clearly keeps with a remarkable buzz. It’s an auto with an effect that is more of Sativa than Indica, being adequate to use in parties, practice sports that don’t require a big physical effort or simple to hang out a bit on the streets. Doesn’t seem to me very adequate to rest, sleep, to see movies or to read, for example. Anyway it is not excessively energetic and the buzz is very easy to control even for those who prefer Indica effects.

gallery_44939_3146_33264.jpg

Black Jack Auto ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds

|18/20|

• Like 2

Strain Report

..::|Cream Caramel Auto|::..

gallery_44939_3146_18271.jpg

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Cream Caramel Auto (Autoflowering version of BlueBlack x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino)

Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds

Judge: Tommy

Grower: Tommy

Report date: 11 Feb 2011

gallery_44939_3146_127556.jpg gallery_44939_3146_118249.jpg

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 19

Yield: 19

Appearance: 19

Visible trychomes: 17

Aroma of the dried flowers: 18

Taste of the smoke/vapor: 19

Texture of the smoke/vapor: 18

Tolerance: 17

Effect: 19

Buzz duration: 18

Final result: 18,3 (183/200)

gallery_44939_3146_66339.jpg gallery_44939_3146_44065.jpg

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: The plants are robust and vigorous, with thick stems and lots of strong branches, prepared to sustain the heavy buds produced. From the 5 plants, in the end of flowering the shortest was 50cm tall and the tallest had 60cm of height. Very easy to grow, adapting well to small spaces and to adverse conditions. They were harvested 65-68 days after germination, when I got to the conclusion that they were very mature after observing their trichomes and realizing that many of them were already amber. I’m very well impressed with their production, much above average for an “auto”.

Aroma and taste descriptions: It’s very aromatic with a base of earthy aromas and a soft mix of candies and citrus. The aroma is strong and pleasant since mid flowering, but in the end it becomes incredible. When rubbing the fingers in the flowers it’s easy to identify a molasses aroma with soft hints of anise and licorice. It is noticeable right after opening the jar. I think I never had a weed with such an intense smell and at the same time pleasantly sweet. The taste is as exquisite as the smell, with a remarkable flavor of caramelized sugar that brings to mind medicinal caramels. In the end it leaves an universe of sensations in the mouth.

:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:

......[1 - hardly noticeable <|> 10 - strong presence]......

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [ ] Ammonia [ ] Anise [ ] Berry [ ] Blueberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Church [7] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [2]

Chocolate [ ] Citric [4] Coconut [ ] Fuel [2] Sweet [5] Spices [2] Floral [6] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Candy [2] Hashish [3] Weed [ ]

Iron [ ] Incense [4] Soap [ ] Lemon [1] Wood [4] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [2] Menthol [2] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [3]

Nutmeg [ ] Oil [ ] Perfume [1] Leather [ ] Pepper [ ] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [ ]

Skunk [ ] Earthy [2] Grape [ ] Vanilla [ ]

gallery_44939_3146_54748.jpg gallery_44939_3146_36463.jpg

Efect descriptions: I really enjoy the effect, the way I like it: dreamy and relaxing. It helps with introspective thoughts and all kind of ramblings. It remains active for about 90 minutes, but there is always the risk that the user may fall asleep. For that it is not very adequate to use when one has complex tasks to perform, whether physical or mental. It’s a more adequate effect for when there is not much to do except laying down on a sofa or in the beach, for example, but it is also good to watch some movies, soft readings, use the internet or to peacefully perform our hobby, taking care of the plants that will reward us with the next sweets.

gallery_44939_3146_20469.jpggallery_44939_3146_18812.jpg

Cream Caramel Auto ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds

|18/20|

• Like 8

Great report Tommy, dying to taste my Cream Caramel now and I've also got some Black Jack auto's for my next grow, I just hope I can get them half as good as yours :hippy:

• Like 1

!!Muy bien, tommy!! :guitar:

Great report and wonderful diary in general. :yep: I really hope my BJA will be similar to yours - very much looking forward to the hazy flavour, which is missing from my current selection. :D

keep it up!

AT :oldtoker:

• Like 1

Hi Tommy! Fantastic diary. I especially like the flavors and aromas bit of the smoke reports.

Can't wait to start my cream caramels now.

Take it easy and enjoy your harvest!

:skin_up:

• Like 1

Hey Tommy

Fantastic grow mate, I've really enjoyed reading it and them buds look the business.

What was your final dried weight from the grow??

I'm gunna get some Auto Cream Caramels now - Sold!!

Cheers Mate

Lisianuk.........

.:|Cream Caramel and Black Jack - The new autoflowering strains by Sweet Seeds|:.

.:|Final Conclusions|:.

gallery_44939_3146_43889.jpg

Hey mates!!! :oldtoker: Here you go with the final conclusions :cat:

A perfect grow, from the first day until right now that I'm vaporizing Cream Caramel Auto, hehehe, a delicious plant. Besides a CC Auto with 3 cotiledones and 3 branches per node (which in the end was the most productive), no other plant presented any deformity of deficiency of genetic origin. A Black Jack Auto had a couple of leaves a bit twisted in the beginning but after the 15 first days everything was perfect with her. No plagues, not even a single insect/bug. All 100% females and didn't present any male flower in the beginning of flowering nor any "banana" in the end of flowering. Completely unseeded, pure "sinsemilla".

This grow is characterized by its light cycle of 18/6, from germination to harvest and for the fast harvest in terms of time germination <-> harvest. A very fast grow, plants were harvested between day 64 and day 69, but as you could see they could have been harvested at day 62 with no problems. Production is very good for such a short time grow, I'm very surprised with its production and with the quality of the flowers. I wasn't expecting this. They got really fat in the end, the last 10 days I gave them were determinant and the buds almost doubled their size. I imagine someone harvesting this plants at day 57, would be a big mistake, so be careful... They are very fast but even when everything goes fine with them it is better to wait at least until day 62-65. Just a few more days can mean a big difference in terms of production.

gallery_44939_3146_160030.jpg gallery_44939_3146_14021.jpg

Well, a while ago a friend of mine let me use his scale and so I'll share the final results with you...

Dry weight in grams of the 9 plants:

Black Jack Auto 1 > 22,1

Black Jack Auto 2 > 22,8

Black Jack Auto 3 > 23,0

Black Jack Auto 4 > 25,9

Cream Caramel Auto 1 > 24,5

Cream Caramel Auto 2 > 25,2

Cream Caramel Auto 3 > 31,0

Cream Caramel Auto 4 > 28,8

Cream Caramel Auto 5 > 29,4

To this I would add the hash of a dry extraction and the scissor hash:

Hash with net of 158µ > 2,5gr

Hash with net of 95µ > 1,9gr

Scissor hash > 0,6gr

Total: 232,7gr + 5gr of hash = 237,7gr

In terms of grams per square meter, getting 232gr in my space (1/3 of 1m2) is the same of getting 696gr in 1m2 (232 x 3). So I managed to be a bit above the numbers of the forecast for production shared by Sweet Seeds in the catalog:

Black Jack Auto: 400-550 gr/m2

Cream Caramel Auto: 350-500 gr/m2

But this with a 400wHPS in 60x60x120cm. With 250wHPS it would be a bit more difficult to exceed the numbers of the calatog.

.:|Comparing Autos and non-Autos|:.

I'll compare this autos with the non-autos from my previous grow because the grow parameters were all the same: 400wHPS, 9 pots of 7 litres, same soil brand, same extraction, same ferts and boosters, etc.

Here is the link for my previous grow: http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=224488&st=90

In that previous grow I harvested a total of 212 grams.

The 9 non-auto from the link shared took 101 days from germination to harvest. From which 34 days of 18/6 and 67 days of 12/12.

34 x 18 = 612 hours with the lights on

67 x 12 = 804 hours with the lights on

Total = 612 + 804 = 1416 hours with the lights on

The 9 autos took 65 days since germination to harvest.

65 x 18 = 1170 hours with the lights on

1416 - 1170 = 246 hours of light saving with the autos

Conclusion: Less energy used, 35 days faster and more production...

gallery_44939_3146_219572.jpg

And that's it... In the meanwhile don't forget to keep passing by this other test grow I'm doing now and also this funny thing I'm doing with a Snow Fruit. You can buy some korn to pop :) And a bit of sugar and cinnamon to match the Sweet Seeds aromas...

Cheers and thank you very much to all you guys for visiting and comenting this test grow :skin_up:

Tommy

-

• Like 5

Nice conclusion to the diary Tommy and the comparisons between the auto's and non-auto's was quite interesting.

Enjoy your fruits, which I'm sure you will :hippy:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

wow! This thread makes me look forward to starting my sweet seeds multi auto grow. I'll be growing the cream caramel auto along with fast bud#2, speed devil#2, and SAD auto in an aeroponic system. I'll have a diary up soon. I hope I get colors like that with mine.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

My first post on this forum so here goes...

I just wanted to say this thread is fantastic.

I am just about to buy some CC seeds, after reading this thread and it will be my first grow.

I however have one question. I am thinking of planting straight into biobizz allmix. Has anyone done this before? Will there be too many nuits in that soil for the little ones? I was thinking of using bio bloom during the flowering stage and planting in 6l pots straight from the off.

Hi mate! Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum and thanks for your kind words! :smokin:

Starting with a soil mix which is very strong in nutrients is never a good idea. The plants may make it, I don't doubt about that, but they will have to struggle a bit to deal with the excessive nutrients available. I think BioBizz AllMix is 2,4 EC or something like that. That's too much. There is a risk that the plants may slow their growth and will you'll have plants with the appearance of only 10 days of life when they will be 20 days old. And with autos this is a big problem because plants will start flowering when they achieve a certain maturity, not when the grower decides. And although a plant may be small with 20 days of life (for whatever reason), she will be mature enough to flower and will start flowering anyway at around day 22-30 since germination. Than people get small plants and complaint on the genetics, it happens very often.

Starting in the final pot, with no transplants, may be even a bigger mistake. Unless you know how to water them properly, you'll get all the soil moisty/humid after watering and the plant in her first days of life doesn't have roots big enough to achieve all the water present in the soil. This will make the soil to be moisty for too many days, it will take too long to dry and that is very bad for the plant. Experienced growers can germinate and put the seedling directly in the final pot, as long as their experience allows them to water only with the quantity of water enough to moist the little place on the pot where the plant has already roots developing. An experienced grower knows, for example, at day 12, where and how many roots the plant has developed (without diggin' in the soil, obviously). An unexperienced grower may give the plant too much water and the soil could take to many days to dry, which as I first said is not good for the plant because they don't appreciate being in an excessive moisty soil for longer than 2 days. Growth may slow down while roots and stems may get mold because of that, which would slow them down even more.

That being said... you could do it the way you are planing, but it will be much more risky than if you used, for example, a soil like Canna Professional for the first 15-20 days of life in a 0,5 to 1 litre pot and then yes, a good soil rich in nutrients like BioBizz Allmix... Altough I think Canna Bio Plus or Canna Professional Plus are much better options than BioBizz Allmix. But that's your choice...

Hope you can understand my explanation ;) If you end up growing Sweet Seeds varieties you can start a thread over here so we can give you a hand whenever you need.

Keep it sweet, kind regards, :elf:

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds