Opinions on best Vaporizer for around £160

InspectorFlavour81

Guest Nunsacred

I think you're looking at the Silver Surfer or Da Buddha? These are around the right price range and I've heard good reports about them, though haven't yet tried one myself

Edit : I think they're roughly the same but one is slightly newer design, about £40 more.

I love my volcano but it'll need replacing one day and I'm keeping an eye on the alternatives.

FWIW I think the bag saves a lot of trouble ... the vaping itself is controlled, you don't have to 'get it right'.

Its not too fussy about lumps of bud etc It doesn't matter if someones making yo laugh it works properly and no risk of burning it just because something distracts you for ten seconds.

but I do think a whip vape can deliver a neater stronger draw and probably the verdamper is king?

Edited by Nunsacred

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dropout

• InspectorFlavour81

• Comrade Stoker

• Lotofago

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I might get me a Da Buddha, cheers peeps. Its look like a grand machine does that, easy enough to use and a good smoke it seems from the videos I have watched.

Guest Nunsacred

Yeh I've heard someone say that they can spank more goodness out the buds with da Budda than with Volcano.

Think you've made the right choice ......

I have a volcano, iolite and a silver surfer. I have tried many other vapes too.

For £130 you can get da budha, which is same as surfer but without the fancy glass. Get it! The surfer is an excellent vaporizer which blows the competetion out of the water!

Any questions just ask.

Weeds

Guest Nunsacred
I have a volcano, iolite and a silver surfer. I have tried many other vapes too.

For £130 you can get da budha, which is same as surfer but without the fancy glass. Get it! The surfer is an excellent vaporizer which blows the competetion out of the water!

Any questions just ask.

Weeds

ok, Weeds, several questions if that's cool....:

1) which one, DB or SS? Does the glass attachment make life easier than without? I'm quite a heavy user so stuff like ease of cleaning is important to me. Glass breaks ..... Is it tough enough to survive being dropped from table height?

2) flavour - does the SS compare well with the volcano? I can sometimes spend a full minute yumming over the taste from the first bag. Ive found that my MFLB is usually really disappointing flavour-wise.

3) practicality - the volcano works like a dream now matter what state I'm in. Not delicate or fiddly and no worries if I accidentally leave it on all night. Is the SS similarly well-made and robust?

Cheers,

N

Any questions just ask.

Weeds

ok, Weeds, several questions if that's cool....:

1) which one, DB or SS? Does the glass attachment make life easier than without? I'm quite a heavy user so stuff like ease of cleaning is important to me. Glass breaks ..... Is it tough enough to survive being dropped from table height?

2) flavour - does the SS compare well with the volcano? I can sometimes spend a full minute yumming over the taste from the first bag. Ive found that my MFLB is usually really disappointing flavour-wise.

3) practicality - the volcano works like a dream now matter what state I'm in. Not delicate or fiddly and no worries if I accidentally leave it on all night. Is the SS similarly well-made and robust?

Cheers,

N

1) I went for the silver surfer because of the look of it plus I fancied trying the standard fitting which is not hands free. Since then I spent £45 and went with the hands free fitting which is a twist in ground glass connection which comes as standard with da buddha. Guy on fleabay sells SS with ground glass connections as standard. The hands free connection has a bigger hole hence it doesnt concentrate the heat in one place so it is harder to burn your weed. It does take a week or so to get used the right temp and how to take a proper hit on it regardless of which connection you buy. If you dont care about looks I would go with the buddha as it is much cheaper but if you go with the surfer get that ground glass connection. The glass has so far been great as I have dropped the whip a few times now and it hasnt broken. Much quicker to clean than the volcano as there are only 3 bits to clean.

2) Like the first bag on the volcano, the first few hits have loads of flavour. Then after that you get the same taste as you would on the 2nd bag of the volcano.

3) I leave my running all day/night same as I would the volcano.

Heres my silver surfer review incase it helps

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=238150

Weeds

your forgetting the herbal aire 2.1 again arent you all .. :spliff:

No just ignoring it :spliff:

Only joking dude! I really want a go on one of them tbh!

Weeds

Hi chaps, can I muscle in?

I'd ideally like a digi readout so I can experiment with individual cannabinoids but the volc etc is way out of my price range.

Weeds - is there any way roughly to know what temps the dial position on the Da Buddha or the SS corresponds to? like a chart in the manual?

or to judge it to be able to burn off just the THC ? or is it guesswork

I like the look/price of the Da Buddha.

whats the cheapest digi-vape?

Anyone try the Life Saber?

burnoff temps chart attatched for anyone whos interested

post-53286-1292699013_thumb.jpg

I'd ideally like a digi readout so I can experiment with individual cannabinoids but the volc etc is way out of my price range.

Weeds - is there any way roughly to know what temps the dial position on the Da Buddha or the SS corresponds to? like a chart in the manual?

No chance mate, the surfer and da buddha are both very very simple vapes. Basically a heat element in glass that you conect your whip to. There is a dial that cranks the heat up and down BUT it depends how slow or fast you draw air to how hot it is, hence why it takes a while to get used to using it without burning your weed.

I have seen that chart before mate but I think there is so much more to cannabis than what we understand. I have played around with volcano a lot to test out different temps and to be honest 190c is perfect, go too heavy with the vape and although its stonger it hurts my lungs.

Life saber looks damn expensive for what it is TBH! But I cant say to much as I have spent over £700 on vapes in 2 years! Still cheaper than when I was buying fags all the time!

Weeds

Nice one, weedsmoker.

It's very difficult to find reasonable comparative reviews of vapes, I reckon.

Yup I agree these things are so bloody expensive and come with good warenties so you only buy 1 if you buy right! Unless you are an obsessive vapor head like me!

We should have a UK420 meet up for the vape heads, that way our community would get to test most of them. Or...... a vape seller is welcome to send me all there models to review! Well I can only wish!

Weeds

No chance mate, the surfer and da buddha are both very very simple vapes. Basically a heat element in glass that you conect your whip to. There is a dial that cranks the heat up and down BUT it depends how slow or fast you draw air to how hot it is, hence why it takes a while to get used to using it without burning your weed.

I have seen that chart before mate but I think there is so much more to cannabis than what we understand. I have played around with volcano a lot to test out different temps and to be honest 190c is perfect, go too heavy with the vape and although its stonger it hurts my lungs.

Life saber looks damn expensive for what it is TBH! But I cant say to much as I have spent over £700 on vapes in 2 years! Still cheaper than when I was buying fags all the time!

Weeds

thanks Weeds mate. so they just heat up the glass lightbulb-style is that it? no hot air pushed through like with the volc?

In that case I'm half tempted to go for a Steinel digi heatgun - heads over at fuckcombustion reccon its pukka and safe if a bit loud 200 odd quid. anyone use one or similar?

Would you say Weeds that with practice you can find the right place for the dial and if you get you're inhalation technique down with the Da Buddah it could deliver hits as decent as a volc?

Weeds

thanks Weeds mate. so they just heat up the glass lightbulb-style is that it? no hot air pushed through like with the volc?

In that case I'm half tempted to go for a Steinel digi heatgun - heads over at fuckcombustion reccon its pukka and safe if a bit loud 200 odd quid. anyone use one or similar?

Would you say Weeds that with practice you can find the right place for the dial and if you get you're inhalation technique down with the Da Buddah it could deliver hits as decent as a volc?

You suck the whip which pulls the air throught the glass cover which has the heating element in it, that goes through the bud down the whip into your lungs. So you pull the hot air through rather than the machine doing it (like a voclano)

Check my surfer review mate :http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=238150

I think I get a better hit with the surfer (same as da buddha) than my volcano, it has certainly got me higher. i was going to sell my volcano after getting the surfer but I do like both units so Im keeping both!

Digi heatgun sounds like fun!

Weeds