UK420 Presents - British Buds

Sam Semillia

Heya Guys,

I hope you're all good. I was spending a little time on the boards last night and got lost in the "Photograph Everyweed I Smoke" thread. some beautiful pics in there got me drooling. I looked across the coffeetable and under my feet was my copy of "The Big Book Of Buds" - it was there I had my eureka moment;

UK420 THE BOOK.

UK420 Presents - An Underground A to Z of British Buds.

I love my Coffee Table books - especially anything to do with herb. The Big Book Of Buds is ok and has some good pictures - but its way out of date (despite being the most current one I can find) and largely taken up by Canadian Strains. There really is very little out there.

Of course - we would not go shouting UK420 from the rooftops with it plastered all over the book - the publicity would not be welcomed by most. But i love the idea of a complete A to Z of strains being grown here and now in the uk. And there really is no better place to compile them from than UK420. Growers could submit pictures of thier favorite strain and a blurb about it - what it smokes like, how it grows etc. A growing bud pic, a dry manicured bud and a blurb.

Obviously - all data / info would have to be cross checked by the old pros on here.

We'd never have a best seller stocked by the big boys - but i know there is at least a few hundred people on here who'd be more than willing to part with the price of a henry for a copy. Especially if it had a bright spanking picure of thier own bud!

I think this is actually quite do-able. And could raise some well needed bucks for the site.

What does everyone think? I know it would be on my Christmas list!

I dunno....... I had a fly around the net and a self publish wouldnt be out of the question. A few hundred copies to sell on this board - and a few hundred out to head shops. A short run of 1000 copies wouldnt be impossible.

Especially given all the tallent within these boards - designers, artists and writers. Would never make a huge proit. But its generaly low risk. We already have a large amount of sales within these boards alone. In publishing distribution is the challenge - but we have a few friends who could help......

You could do it through a print on demand company.

If you had a standard set of headings and a standard layout, you can produce a catalogue type book quite easily from a database.

I dunno....... I had a fly around the net and a self publish wouldnt be out of the question. A few hundred copies to sell on this board - and a few hundred out to head shops. A short run of 1000 copies wouldnt be impossible.

Especially given all the tallent within these boards - designers, artists and writers. Would never make a huge proit. But its generaly low risk. We already have a large amount of sales within these boards alone. In publishing distribution is the challenge - but we have a few friends who could help......

You could do it through a print on demand company.

If you had a standard set of headings and a standard layout, you can produce a catalogue type book quite easily from a database.

Don't them database ones look shit? It would be a shame to waste all the tallent within these boards and go for a template to save a few pounds.

I was thinking left page could have the blurb (headings and style in growers chosen font or standard - to show off the different characters on UK420) and the right page could have the budshots.

Would look great.

i think with the blessing of the mods we should do a vote on and see :spliff:

Dont know what we'd be voting for? Obviously I'd need the blessings of Jules and the mods - i could never happen otherwise. But I think for us lot you either support the idea and contribute or you don't. Simples.

What do you want to vote for? Do you see it as a threat to security?