Roses

Arnold Layne

mint is a doozy ..i had it for two years and then i discovered the beast of linux os ...pinguy ..this shit has everything and more than you could ever want from an ubuntu based distro ..and i mean everything ..all codecs ,wifi drivers you name it ..awesome and looks beautiful too .

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arnold Layne

• vince noir rock n roll star

• Tasty

I'm going to have to look into that one, then, aren't I?!

Still waiting on BT to sort out my treacle-slow connection, though, so it'll have to wait.

I'm going to have to look into that one, then, aren't I?!

Still waiting on BT to sort out my treacle-slow connection, though, so it'll have to wait.

be warned though arnold its a fairly large download of 1.4gb ..i used penlinux to make it a bootable sd card version that i take with me ..ive got it on this laptop too

post-20433-0-64950100-1297339069_thumb.png

Mint, I dislike, now that I've used it a while. The Software Manager is useless, utter shyte. Nope, wish I'd stuck with Ubuntu now.

But...

How to download Pinguy? I downloaded it twice, where the fuck is it? I waited 30 minutes, then Archive Manager wants to know what to do! Well, I don't fuckin' know, do I? So I fuck it off, and Pinguy goes with it?

Hope my old Ubuntu CD works, because I'm gonna reinstall it. Fuck this Mint and Pinguy crap. Ubuntu was comfy, and it worked!

thats odd arnold the pinguy website has downloads for both the 32 bit and 64 structures ..just download the iso ,burn it to disc and then install or run live first ..never had a hassle with it to be honest as its basically a fully loaded version of ubuntu 10.04

I've tried twice with Pinguy now, I wait for ages, then no ISO image or anything. Says its done, but it clearly isnt!

Mint is doing my nut in right now. Where the fekk has "CD Burner" gone??? Rhythmbox is crap for copying CDs, really slow and tedious. I've got another 50 CDs here, its gonna take bloody years, literally.

Meh!

Pissed off Arnie! lol

Give the latest Ubuntu a try Arnold. Just download it then stick it on a usb key using the (startup disk creator)

Trust me, I'm heading back to Ubuntu very quickly! But I'm struggling to download it right now, and will try again in the morning I think.

sounds to me like the pinguy download is fine but its more your internet ..if your struggling to download ubuntu too ..id give it another whirl when your line is more stable ..

I think that the Pinguy Download has its defaults all wrong. It sets the default to "Open File with...", rather than "save File as...", so the unobservant get no ISO to be seen. I've changed it to save the file, rather than open it. Now its even slower, but I think its doing the job right. Or at least I hope it is...

Confounded technology! Bah! Pfft!

:fart:

yeah but the sense of achievement youll gain when you finally download either pinguy or ubuntu will be quite immense eh ..and any achievement such as downloading and installing an iso should be greeted with a damn large joint for your efforts ..go on treat yourself arnold you know you`ll enjoy it ..

Hey Vince, I've just noticed how (above) it looks like I'm pissed off with you, but I meant that I was pissed off at all things techno! Sorry for that, badly worded posts by me :(

Anyhowd'yado, I've got Pinguy p and running.

:eek:

Careful folks, you'll get a surprise if you do what I did ;) I just went straight to install with Pinguy, thinking, "meh, just another Ubuntu twaek.... WHaaaaaaa?"

<Jaw hits deck>

OMG!!

The world just became a better place! Pinguy, is in town! One may not like all the tweaks and twiddles, but WOW!!!

Just to say, you may find, if you switch to Pinguy, that things are not at all what they used to be. But you can get back to wherever you want, in the end. Just enjoy the trip! Phew!!

Thanks Vince, that's a real treat of an OS. Follow Mr Noir, peeps, and enter the world of Pinguy! Tis mucho fun!

WHaaaaaaa?"

<Jaw hits deck>

Judging by your avi Arnie, it hits the deck every 5 and a half seconds. :wink:

I really don't have a clue what ubunto or pinguy is TBH. Are they another sort of thing like Firefox or is it much more. Do you have to get rid of Windows or does it run alongside. If and when I get my own lappy away from the women in da house, I think I might have a go at sommat different.