Cannabis Cup Experiences

Stuey

Given a choice of the cup or of Queensday I would opt Queensday everytime Let the Dutch show you how to let a cities hairdown in one mass display

• Like 1

Given a choice of the cup or of Queensday I would opt Queensday everytime Let the Dutch show you how to let a cities hairdown in one mass display

I had never heard of Queensday before, I'll have to do a bit of reading around that.

lol Am I the only one who likes the Dam in the winter? 1ft of snow last time I went in the winter lol

Crack heads barley visable in winter, not like in summer when they are fucking everywhere.

Gotta say the dam is lovley in summer sittin in the park when there are a few entertainers floatin about some dancing some playing some bad ass blues and jazz.

Found a mad place to stay on the net a couple of weeks ago, full appartments stocked with CD's, dvd's tvs fridges the works, you can have a cake wating for you for when you arrive at no extra cost. Different sized appartments some kind of themed. They looked great but they are fucking pricy £175 a night for 2 peeps 205 for 3, wouldnt mind splashin out some time and gettin one for 4 days or so.

I was lookin at the CCup passes, read up on what they actually do for you and was really disapointed. You might get free samples but in a vapour bag was prettymuch all it sort of guaranteed. If it came with a sample of even 1/4 of the entries into the cup then I would buy one. But it just seems like a money spinner to me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I must have come across as a right arrogant wanker when i was there. I concede that i may not have been in the right frame of mind.

The first time i went to the dam it snowed. It was literally magical. Wrapping up warm, crunching through snow while stoned was just, perfect. The canals were partially frozen and it was serene. Loved it.

• Like 1

Thanks Keye, I've never been in the winter. If I go it I will be going on my own so I thought it may be a cool time to go, quite sociable. I have a room booked but I have plenty of time to cancel it if I change my mind.

Should I, shan't I :unsure:

You only live once, eh? lol

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

e2a...Amnesia, if you see this, did you go last year and did you enjoy it? :)

Edited by TheStoneDuk

When i go to the dam it is always in January these day.The flights seem cheaper its nice and cold and you can always find some ware to sit down in the coffee shops.Plus the sales are on in the shops,so the wife will dump me in a coffee shop while she goes shopping.Then comes back a couple of hours later and meets up with me.The other thing i always do is fly back on monday as all the stag party's seem to go home on sunday so you see more of the locals.

• Like 2

Can't believe you're even questioning it.

GO.

On your own, man, that sounds like the best. Well, i've done it alone and it is. You can just chat with people and not worry about the time or anything.

• Like 1

Thanks for he replies, Keye and Splifi.

Well, after much wavering I decided to go. I have only had one holiday abroad in 7 years so I think I deserve it :D

I still feel a bit guilty blowing the money on a holiday but hey ho lol

:skin_up:

Thanks for he replies, Keye and Splifi.

Well, after much wavering I decided to go. I have only had one holiday abroad in 7 years so I think I deserve it :D

I still feel a bit guilty blowing the money on a holiday but hey ho lol

:skin_up:

You wont regret it mate just watch out for those trams when your stoned :wink:

• Like 1

All I can say is Ive been there the past 2 cups and had a brilliant time and hopefully it will be exactly the same this time

I dont really give a toss about all the negatives that are wrote about the Dam, just go and enjoy yourselves, I really like being there especially in the winter. If its your first time and you dont think its all that then fine, but its a lovely city and the Dutch are really friendly. Yes the weed sometimes does leave a lot to be desired but if you know where to look and do a bit of homework then you can find some really nice smokes and its all part of the fun.

But then again I go with who I think are the right company, that always helps :skin_up:

Its not all about the weed, just like the cup itself, its about the crack too :smoke:

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 2

Weed and crack ?

I'm there.

lol sorry :bag:

I think the best way to enjoy the cannabis cup is to approach Arjan's camp, get him to pay for you to become a judge, then enjoy all the benefits of him bribing you to vote for his latest hack. I reckon you'll get at least free top class accommodation, all your meals paid for, as much beer as you can drink, as much herb as you can smoke (good herb too, not Greenhouse shit), and probably a few prostitutes thrown in if that's your thing.

Hey, it's a fucking fix, so why not take the piss like everyone else ?

Am I the only one who likes the Dam in the winter?

:offtopic:

right with ya mate, been Nov and Feb, great times. :skin_up:

Edited by happyisme

Thanks for your opinions guys :)

Owderb, I'm having trouble finding basic information. I was going to get day passes rather than a judges pass and was wondering what times of the day the expo is on and where the opening ceremonies are run. I believe the expo is in borchland and the music events are in melkweig (please excuse spellings)

If you buy a day pass will that get you into both venues?

I've been to the Dam a couple of times before and I agree, Amsterdam is what you make it. Go with a light step and a sunny heart then good times are to be had.

I love the vibe and always seem to get on well with the budtenders and have had some good weed. Maybe no better than mine but the feeling of freedom, having a relaxed toke in a sociable setting is something I don't get enough of in this country :skin_up:

Any other CCup tips would be gratefully received :)

I'm getting quite excited about it, I even cashed in all my change jars, £52 in pennies :yahoo:lol