Cannabis Cup Experiences

Stuey

I have never been to Amsterdam before but am planning on making the pilgrimage fairly soon.

The Cannabis cup is coming up in November and I was wondering what experiences of the Dam people had during the CC?

Is it the best time to go? Is it the best time for a first visit? Is it worth getting a Judges pass? Is it significantly more expensive during that week?

What do you guys think? Obviously you need to have visited during the CC to really be able to answer.

No no and no (not sure about it being more expensive tbh). Much better to go when it's not rammed with American tourists IMO. And the judges passes are a complete waste of money.

Personally I prefer the dam in the summer anyway, when you can do your smoking lazing in one if the lovely parks or on the canals.

Edited by ~nobody~
  • Like 1

It's full of Americans who think they are the only people that smoke the best 'killer buds'. Most of them don't have a clue. The few really sound people are smothered by idiots who roam the coffeeshops and talk about how good their weed is. It's all a bit too much for me.

Outside of the CC, you'll find those really sound charachters sitting at a table outside or in the corner etc and you can just sit down and enjoy chess or bongs or something else with them.

It is expensive there anyway. It's difficult to say but i did get a feeling the prices were set higher for some things. It felt like every vendor or shop keeper had a wall up and it was either That Way or Neither Way, if you get me. Usually the Dutch are really cool and each person gets treated on their own merits, but i visited and had to say so many times 'I'm not American' to get treated nicely. Shame, really. I doubt being British did me many favours, but hey ho.

Never bought a pass, we did buy the same weed that people were buying at the CC to begin with, but there didn't seem much point going to the 'Dam and following a pack of people. It's not really that sort of place. Better to get stoned yourself and wander around aimlessly til you find another coffeeshop.

Oh I forgot to add

Is the weed better (in general) during that week.

Are the coffee shops and growers trying that little bit harder to win?

In my experience it is very expensive and far too busy to be relaxing.

Most coffee shops are rammed which makes sitting and chilling an impossibility, which is one of the reasons I go there.

I'd leave it and go in a relitively less busy period.

toki

I was there last year and it was a brilliant vibe, and very few if any coffee shops we went in (I'm talking nights here) were rammed, in fact I was surprised they werent busier

And the Americans just add to the entertainment

Owd

Never been to the Cannabis cup before but usually go in the Summertime when you can sit outside the coffeeshops at the table, real good time in summer.

This year though i will be there for the canna cup and very much looking forward to see what the vibe is like then, will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for the UGORG stall :wink:

If anyones going that time, hope to see you then.

Guest smoketilluchoke

yeah im with owd

wots the deal with the american hating

yeah they're loud, yeah they're easily excited

so what man fuck it ur in dam get smashed, stop worryin about the next man

have a laugh at their expense if you want :wink:

ETA- will ugorg be there???

Edited by smoketilluchoke

Is accomodation more expensive during CC?

Ive been thinking about going over for yeeaarrs, but always been put off.

I'd like to see the UGORG UK represented though , blow away some hillbillies.

maybe a thread nearer the time for hookups??

rm

e2a by "hillbillies" , i mean allsorts and would include myself in that too , no disrespect intended to our US brethren.

Edited by ramblingmadman

I'd like to see the UGORG UK represented though , blow away some hillbillies.

maybe a thread nearer the time for hookups??

rm

The americans are a lot of fun, never had a problem with them over there, they say if they lived as close as we do then they would be over the Dam every weekend!, Once i tell them the cost of flights and cost of living in the UK they soon realise why we don't.

A thread for hook-ups seems great during CC week, would love to have a smoke with some of you good people. 420/de kulli coffeeshop is a haunt of mine and will be there in the afternoon of the 24th November.

Hope to see some of you soon! :smoke:

e2a : Spelling!

Edited by Amnesia

Don't get me wrong, i don't hate americans. I've enjoyed the company of all of them i've gotten to know.

The first time i was there was way too busy. The second was just annoying. Perhaps i got the bad part of the bunch, but it seemed every place i went to there were loud arrogant american kids bawling on and on and on and on about the most inane things without being stoned.

Everytime i've been there not during CC, i've got to say some of the best times have been with Americans from loads of different states. Those Yanks are loud, sure, but were respectful and kind and generous and very funny. The Cali crew were, ofcourse, chilled out and laid back. Texans wanted everything bigger, Carolinians gave me the best BBQ tips i've ever had. Pretty much all the stereotypes filled in.

Like i said, there were really annoying Brits there too.

i went to dam last year when the cup was on and on a night it was just the same as anyother time i have been i meen gettin a seat in the cs but in the day it was mad i had to get to the grey area for some sour diesel and cannalope haze and there was about 15 peps queing outside i thought iam not queing so i came back over a hour later and it was just the same and that was mid week .. so i had to join the que took me a good 20 30 mins to get my green .as for prices i think that is so dear anyway that they cant ask for any more just coz its the cup . came out of the grey area with 7g and about 90 euro lighter

Hi

I´m was a regular visitor of Ams and was on the CCup 2008 and have alredy booked all for this Ccp, even if I agree with some here that the price isn´t wort it but hey it gave me a reason to come to Amsterdan again, and the price was almost the same on the Cup but the quallity was way better on the cup than usual in my experions..

If you've never been for the Cup, then go as it's usually fun if you want it to be and the yanks is just that, 'Yanks'. Have you forgotten what you were like the first time you sat in a Coffee Shop :B): ? Well, that's what a lot of people are like on their first time, which is what it is for a lot of people, not just Americans.

I went last year and the year before, missed from '03 to '07. I usually stay at Willie Wortals in Haarlem, excellent train ride into the 'Dam.

I'll miss it this year cos I'm off work sick and therefore extremely skint, but if I had the money I'd go :wink: