Yesterday I built my grow room...

nEptune

Hi all :yep:

I finally got round to it yesterday! I know it's not perfect but I'm going to have to move out at the end of October/November, so its pretty much a one-grow room :(

The only things left now are to finish sealing all the edges of the black n white, and to install my CF and extraction which will have to wait now til pay day.

The good news is that it is lightproof from the outside ;) but the lightproofing around the door close needs some work.

post-55513-1279713727_thumb.jpg

After clearing out the room, this is what I had to work with. Far from ideal, but it is what it is. The room is 1.7m x 0.85m x 2.3m high,with an available growing area of 1.2m x 0.85m.

post-55513-1279713749_thumb.jpg post-55513-1279714575_thumb.jpg

And here is where I am up to. I have put a 400w HPS on easy-rolls, with a Grasslin timer and Maxibright contactor, a 12in 3-speed fan, and I have made up a 4 pot autopot system with a 47l reservoir. I will be growing in Coco with Canna nutes. After a trial run over 12 hours last night I got a min/max of 22c and 27c so not looking too bad considering there is no extraction yet.

post-55513-1279714583_thumb.jpg post-55513-1279714590_thumb.jpg

I was really pleased with my efforts so far and I sat and had a beer in there when I had finished for the night! My plants are gonna like it in there I think lol

Comments and criticism appreciated...

Nep.

the only thing id change is the position of your 12" fan, when the plants start to stink, the fan will be blowing towards the door.

what are you doing for an air intake ?

I've found that while it is more fun to set up everything else first, getting your extraction in first is usually a better way to go. :rofl:

Nice looking room. :stoned:

when the plants start to stink, the fan will be blowing towards the door

Good point bluecheese - I will see what I can do.

Cheers Randalizer - It wasn't a case of everything else being more fun, I just ran out of money so have to wait til payday lol

I'm thinking a 5" extraction with CF, and it looks like intake will have to be passive. Do you think that will be adequate?

Cheers guys - I don't want anything too permanent yet as I'm only going to get one grow out of it before having to move lol

looks good m8, wish i had a nice little room like that instead of my hot loft lol What strains are going in?

Maybe get a stealth lock on the door too? A good roll lock is hard to spot. The old wondering mates at a party is always a problem imo... my celler is bolted up all the time. If the gas man ever comes round my Mrs just says " damit hes got the key again"

Cheers goodtimes - I got 2x Barneys Vanilla Kush, 2x G13 Midnight Kush (these 4 are going in the autopots with Coco) 1x Magus Warlock (handwatered Coco) and 1x Sour Kush (in compost).

Lock going on today Orange! I have one of those star-shaped deadbolt things which are quite stealthy. Its only really to keep the kids out but I guess security is an issue anyway.

The only other problem I can forsee is filling up the tank when the plants get bigger, as such a narrow room is not easy for access to the back but I think it will be ok.

Cheers for the posts guys :rofl:

well done, i bet you can't wait to get your extraction sorted and get growing :rofl:

where will you be doing the holes for passive intake?

Cheers Budzz - I'm going to have to do the passives in the bottom of the door with a grille over it and extract out above the door.

Not ideal at all but I'm hoping that the fan will provide enough circulation to make it work. Fingers crossed.

Any suggestions?

I can't extract through the outside wall as its 6" concrete and I couldn't even drill through one of the side walls to get electricity in as there seems to be some kind of metal plate or something in there :rofl:

I know it's a far from perfect grow room but it's my first and I'm trying my best with whats available to me.

Nep :rofl:

Guest Shairiley

why not intake from the window and extract through the door? plus if you do it your way the extraction will be oput back in by the passive intake not good at all

Edited by Shairiley

The window doesn't open but faces out on to the street anyway so light leak is an issue there.

I can get all the other windows in my flat open when I'm in as it causes quite a draught across the front of the room.

I can't see any other options at the moment :rofl:

Guest Shairiley
The window doesn't open but faces out on to the street anyway so light leak is an issue there.

I can get all the other windows in my flat open when I'm in as it causes quite a draught across the front of the room.

I can't see any other options at the moment :rofl:

bummer the window dont open as you could have bored behind a blind to stop the light but had intake fan run from the board, it will no be very good if the extraction is going to same place as intake as you will suck in the stale air but no much you can do.

just keep as many doors and window's open to get a draught

hopefully with the pull of your 5" fan it should be enough but you will need like 4x5" holes or equivilant for your passive.

Thinking about it though, surely it can't be any worse than a drobe grow (which are very popular here) - they intake and extract into the same place?

Hi all :B):

I finally got round to it yesterday! I know it's not perfect but I'm going to have to move out at the end of October/November, so its pretty much a one-grow room :(

The only things left now are to finish sealing all the edges of the black n white, and to install my CF and extraction which will have to wait now til pay day.

The good news is that it is lightproof from the outside :v: but the lightproofing around the door close needs some work.

post-55513-1279713727_thumb.jpg

After clearing out the room, this is what I had to work with. Far from ideal, but it is what it is. The room is 1.7m x 0.85m x 2.3m high,with an available growing area of 1.2m x 0.85m.

post-55513-1279713749_thumb.jpg post-55513-1279714575_thumb.jpg

And here is where I am up to. I have put a 400w HPS on easy-rolls, with a Grasslin timer and Maxibright contactor, a 12in 3-speed fan, and I have made up a 4 pot autopot system with a 47l reservoir. I will be growing in Coco with Canna nutes. After a trial run over 12 hours last night I got a min/max of 22c and 27c so not looking too bad considering there is no extraction yet.

post-55513-1279714583_thumb.jpg post-55513-1279714590_thumb.jpg

I was really pleased with my efforts so far and I sat and had a beer in there when I had finished for the night! My plants are gonna like it in there I think :B):

Comments and criticism appreciated...

Nep.

Perhaps you would have designed different if you would have researched vertical lamp growing. Looks clinical though.