Wild Rose ® | Cream Caramel ® | S.A.D. ®

Sweet Seeds-tommy

.:|Growing Sweet Seeds|:.

.:|Sweet Afgani Delicious Cannabic Olive Oil|:.

gallery_44939_2830_138579.jpg

Hi friends! :(

Today I'm bringing you an article about cannabic olive oil for culinary preparation purposes, very good for the medicinal users but equally pleasant to all other users. It is very easy to prepare and we only need 2 ingredients: cannabis flowers and extra virgin olive oil (better if the oil comes from a biological agriculture). For each liter of oil I recommend 5 grams of dried buds. I'm using a small bottle of 0.25 liter (1/4 of a liter), so the ideal quantity of bud is only 1.25gr. Well, I'm using a small bud of about 1 to 1.5 grams.

Inside a hermetically sealed container, preferably made of glass (it can be the original bottle where the oil already is), we insert the flowers and leave it enfleuraging for about 6 weeks. Enfleurage is a process that allows us to have flavors and active principles dissolved into a fat liquid (olive oil in this case), by leaving it immersed into the liquid at room temperature. In other words we only need to leave the herbs inside the bottle of oil for about 6 weeks, in the dark.

gallery_44939_2830_46947.jpg gallery_44939_2830_42602.jpg

During those 6 weeks the majority of the THC and other cannabinoids, which are soluble in this kind of oils, are released from the herbs (specially from the trychomes) and stay in the oil. The olive oil is very good as an emulsifier. After the 6 weeks we can filter the oil so that the flowers are separated from the oil. Then we leave the bottle of cannabic oil another 2 weeks in complete darkness. And then yes, it is ready to be used. It is good in toasts, sauces, salads or in any other culinary preparation that has olive oil as a possible ingredient. For the impatient it is even possible to drink a spoon or to dip a piece of bread in the oil.

It is not convenient to use this oil to fry food because the temperature goes too high and a big THC degradation takes place. If we want to use a bit of this oil in a meal it is better to put the oil after the food is already cooked. I personally enjoy to drop a bit of oil in pizzas or in lamb chops, but it also goes fine with grilled cod fish, for example.

gallery_44939_2830_150822.jpg gallery_44939_2830_15821.jpg

When a good weed is used and the process is well done, the oil will feature the aroma of the herb used and that aroma will remain in the mouth after consuming the oil, but without superimposing itself to the aroma of the oil, of course. With the Sweet Afgani Delicious it gets a very special aroma. The effect is therapeutic and suitable for the ones that use cannabis with the goal of easing physical pain.

gallery_44939_2830_150462.jpg

Enjoy the olive cannabic oil! :spliff:

1 liter = 1.76 pint

0.25 liter = 0.44 pint

5 grams = 0.2 pound (approx.)

1 gram = 0.04 poun (approx.)

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Hey Tommy, I've not been around much recently so just thought I'd drop in a say what a great diary you have given us here!!! Great pics too!!

Loving the canna olive oil, me and Mrs SK will definitely be giving that a try!! :punk:

Keep up the good work buddy, we will catch up soon!!

SK :rolleyes:

Awsome diary Tommy!!!! really man Kudos .

love the recipe for the oil infusion,I will deffinatly be trying that with a mohan ram :wink:

my comp diary will be in more-or-less the same size space as you have used here so im hoping for a similar experience lol

once agian thanks for the inspiration .

P.S cant wait to see those buds in jars , bet its a lurvley sight .

Wow, I can't believe you pulled off nine plants in that space. That was a really great show, I'm impressed.

I was planning to only grow one seed from each pack in my comp diary in the same size tent, now I'm thinking I'll give all nine a go and hope for the best.

What kind of temps were you getting with the 400w in there?

Is your place air conditioned?

Hi guys! Thanks :naughty:

Nick Mack: I use a 100mm RVK and a couple of Sunons. No air conditioned. Temps have gone a bit too high for a while but it was acceptable. Maximum temperatures were always around 25º and 30º, only for a week I had the max temps between 30º and 34º. With a RVK and if you don't let them veg for a long time you can easily do it. LST is an option, to keep them low in the begining and to stimulate the lower branches to reach higher and get as close to the lamp as the plants main bud. If you don't have experience with LST you could just give them 15 days of veg time and then change it to 12/12. If you have mostly Indica varieties you'll be able to keep them short enough to fit your tent. I had 120cm available, 25cm for the pots, 15cm from the ceiling to the lamp, 25cm from the lamp till the tops of the plants and the remaining 55cm represent the space available for the plants, more or less.

I'll bring some more news very soon, keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Just wanted to say thanks again Tommy for your great diary, beautiful pics and great information :)

Might have to make myself some oil too now, can you make a stronger oil with more bud?

How are you getting on with the smoke on the Wild Rose?

I've got myself a S.A.D on the go now, heard so many good things on here :smug:

Just wanted to say thanks again Tommy for your great diary, beautiful pics and great information :yinyang:

Might have to make myself some oil too now, can you make a stronger oil with more bud?

How are you getting on with the smoke on the Wild Rose?

I've got myself a S.A.D on the go now, heard so many good things on here :bong:

Hi my friend! How are you?

Yes, my recipe is for a soft oil, you can and should make it stronger, because you are not going to consume 100ml of oil in one time, hehe, it wouldn't even be healthy. If you want to get a bit stoned with 10ml of oil I guess you have to use 1/3 of a gram per each 10ml of oil that you are making. But hey, it may be too strong for some, and still too soft for others, it depends on the tolerance of each one. In my case I don't use more weed because I do it just to add a bit of the cannabis taste to the oil and to feel a slight high in days that I make a pause in my vaporized or smoked consumptions.

Wild Rose is very nice, it is more sweet now that is curing for a while. Very nice mood uplifiting buzz, energetic high, but not excessive.

Hope you enjoy your SAD :spliff:

See you soon, sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds
  • 2 weeks later...

...and it continues...

gallery_44939_2830_85868.jpg gallery_44939_2830_56721.jpg

gallery_44939_2830_122863.jpg gallery_44939_2830_138303.jpg

gallery_44939_2830_97683.jpg gallery_44939_2830_39812.jpg

gallery_44939_2830_104651.jpg

I'll post second round soon. Hope you enjoyed it and sorry for doing it "no comments" style :spliff:

Keep it high, sweet smokes! :wink:

|tommy_g|

:unsure: stunning results on that hash, would love to sample some.

I love the flavours on the Wild Rose, especially after a couple of months in the jars. One of the Wild Roses I grew was less sweet and had a strong floral smell in flower and some really nice spicy aromas in the smoke. It was great lol That's how I find the high too, lifts you very nicely without anxiety. It's great for me.

Will definitely be making some oil, maybe with some lemon skunk, could be quite a nice flavours.

SAD is doing very nicely, I'm hoping to cross it with a couple of Mandala males to make a few seeds for myself. Hope you don't mind.

Edited by net2-3
  • 1 month later...

Hey mates!

I'll be back soon with more, lets see if I end this grow diary once and for all :notworthy:

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds

_______:hippy:.:|Sweet Afgani Cannabic Delicious Tea|:.:ninja:

gallery_55038_2803_26938.jpg

Hi friends! :yep:

Today I'm bringing you a cannabic tea, hope you enjoy it. It was posted a while ago as a single post thread, but as it is originally part of this grow diary I'm posting it here too. I also have to finish this thread, hehehe, still have the smoke reports and the final conclusions left to post...

For the tea I decided to use Sweet Afgani Delicious because I know from previous experiences that the taste of this strain goes well with cuisine, so a tea made of this variety will always feature a pleasant flavor, at least to my palate. The quantity of weed used was a small bud (0.5 - 1gr) and some trichomed leaves, enough to get 2 persons a bit stoned. But to get a real stoney high you may have to double the dose. Just don't forget to be careful if you're not used to ingest cannabinoids. In that case it's better to start with just half a cup and 1 hour later, if everything's ok, drink the other half.

As we know, THC is not water-soluble (neither other cannabinoids are), so we have to mix something to act like an emulsifier. Milk, butter or olive oil are very good THC emulsifiers but, as I don't appreciate milk on my tea and mixing butter or olive oil in a tea is a bit repugnant (as they tend to float on the water/tea), I prefer using soy lecithin, which, besides being a very good emulsifier, doesn´t completely change the color of the tea (as milk would) and does not interfere much with its taste.

Soy lecithin (powder or granulated) can be bought in dietetics stores and some people eat it on a daily basis, in order to raise concentration and fight fatigue. So you ain't gonna get tired of drinking this tea :spliff: The lecithin I bought is granulated so I have to smash it a bit to get it powdered, and only then it's ready to mix with the tea, as seen in the pictures below. Well, I was just about to start explaining the procedure, but it's definetely better if I do it through subtitles...

:notworthy:

gallery_55038_2803_124887.jpg gallery_55038_2803_162952.jpg

1 - Soy lecithin __________________________________________2 - Here is the little bud, inside the special tea spoon, with all the holes

gallery_55038_2803_84224.jpg gallery_55038_2803_27385.jpg

3 - The lecithin I had was a bit old, so I bought a new one____________4 - It's beige, slightly pink

gallery_55038_2803_20523.jpg gallery_55038_2803_102867.jpg

5 - Better to smash it a little bit before using _____________________6 - As it completely dissolves into water, there's no need to have it powdered

gallery_55038_2803_11741.jpg gallery_55038_2803_121446.jpg

7 - When the water starts boiling...____________________________8 - ...we reduce heat to minimum and add the herbs

...to be continued...

Edited by Sweet Seeds