Just Built A New Grow Room

Chilli

Awesome build Chilli!

Really topnotch groom u go yrself there mate!

I know what you mean bout the missus tho, mine was same when i knocked up my lil space...'i thought you was crap at diy?' she says next thing you know i'm putting up shelves all over the house! lol

ATB good growing!

Dodgee

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My old grow tent was knackered - it was beginning to have some light leaks, knackered zippers and the final straw was the tent poles had corroded (corrosive stuff plant food run off). Rather than replace the tent I thought I would build a purpose built grow room.

I had a small available space in an out building that the Mrs uses as a utility room (where the tent used to live. I also had plenty of material kicking around from a recent loft conversion (but if I had to calculate how much it cost to build I would say less than £200 - cheaper than a decent similar sized tent).

It's fairly compact but ideal for my use - 1M wide, 1.4M long and 2.4 M high - loads of headroom, what a luxury after the old grow tent.

Knocked it up out of 3 x 2 and used foil backed plasterboard (to withstand the moisture and provide a reflective surface for the interior) and sandwiched some space blanket between the plasterboard for insulation. The floor is concrete but I have cut a pallet down to the right size to stand the pots on (again insulated it with space blanket) and fitted some casters so I can quickly slide the plants in & out for watering etc and also to give me quick access to the room.

Wired plenty of sockets (all high up) to power the lamps (a 600W Mantis HPS & a 400W MH), heater, inlet & exhaust fans, plus some spare in case I want to plug anything else in. I also plumbed in an irrigation pipe whilst I was at it in case I go away but it's not connected to anything yet.

Next to the grow room is a tumble dryer and I have vented the exhaust fan into the tumble dryer exhaust (fitted a back draft shutter of the tumble so the clothes won't smell of green in case me CF fails) and then this is vented out through the wall (if a heat signature is picked up I can explain it was the tumble - also the boiler vents out nearby so another excuse for heat) :unsure: . The Mrs is so impressed with my handywork she wants me to knock up a similar structure for storage - the bonus is my structure now won't look out of place :wink:

With all lamps and fans on everything is whisper quiet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brilliant job with the grow room could i ask where could i purchase that reflective backed plasterboard and would i still need insulation if i built this indoors

Brilliant job with the grow room could i ask where could i purchase that reflective backed plasterboard and would i still need insulation if i built this indoors

You can buy it from any builders merchants, b&q, wickes etc.

Hydro2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice grow mate!

Could you let me know the wattage of the underfloor heating?

Old thread i know but id love some more info on the under floor heating looking to invest myself, could you tell me the wattage and price etc.

Top notch setup you've got there man really neat and tidy! :notworthy:

• 7 months later...

This groom looks the tits geezer. Hats off to U mate. I'm starting my first grow in the garage shortly. Considering selling the tent I bought and building in the 2.5m x 2.5m x 3m room I have to use. Very useful and long term solution to shitty tent manifacurers

• 2 years later...

Awesome job on this grow room. This has certainly inspired me to do my own plagiarised version. I have got the space so let's have a bash.