A Letter To People Without Chronic Pain

Farmer C

My first post here and it's on a thread started 10 years ago but I feel it is pertinent as my relationship with cannabis has changed in 2020 due to my chronic pain. I am sure like many I moved from recreational to medicinal and my understanding and respect for this plant has grown massively. I have put up with back pain from degenerative discs for roughly 10 year but this year has literally been one big flare up and a whole lot of pain. It seems the tablets prescribed mess with me and rob me of my personality and happiness so my only forms of pain relief are movement, decompression through inversion and of course cannabis.

Hands up I have lurked on these forums for many years and picked some really good information which I can now put back into practice to become self sufficient in combatting my chronic pain.

Nice to see this place is about sharing and caring and knowledge transfer and I hope to be able to contribute in the coming months.

Great post and made me think a lot about my own situation.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Kush Lover said:

My first post here and it's on a thread started 10 years ago but I feel it is pertinent as my relationship with cannabis has changed in 2020 due to my chronic pain. I am sure like many I moved from recreational to medicinal and my understanding and respect for this plant has grown massively. I have put up with back pain from degenerative discs for roughly 10 year but this year has literally been one big flare up and a whole lot of pain. It seems the tablets prescribed mess with me and rob me of my personality and happiness so my only forms of pain relief are movement, decompression through inversion and of course cannabis.

Hands up I have lurked on these forums for many years and picked some really good information which I can now put back into practice to become self sufficient in combatting my chronic pain.

Nice to see this place is about sharing and caring and knowledge transfer and I hope to be able to contribute in the coming months.

Great post and made me think a lot about my own situation.

Back pain's a bi**h had problems since the mid 90's much worse now though, been on pregab amitriptyline , codeine /df's stuck with nasty tramadol as doc is just into reducing meds and makes me feel like a smack head every time I go visit, so just about given up on gp's

Things learnt on here help a lot

• Like 4

@Personunknown I think the moment you start taking ownership of your pain management and realise that the GP's(not all of them) just want to palm you off with meds. I find a combination of THC and CBD the best for me but will trying some high CBD strains soon, the thing for me is I can do my job quite happily after a smoke but a few weeks into tablets from the GP and I become close to useless.

• Like 1

@Personunknown I think the moment you start taking ownership of your pain management and realise that the GP's(not all of them) just want to palm you off with meds. I find a combination of THC and CBD the best for me but will trying some high CBD strains soon, the thing for me is I can do my job quite happily after a smoke but a few weeks into tablets from the GP and I become close to useless.

• Like 2

@Kush lover Hi been taking tram for 7 years+ I find lots of volcanos and then qwiso  keeps the numbers low ,so not upped much in years Docs always trying to lessen meds , I took myself off pre gab and ami due to horrid side effects . 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Personunknown said:

@Kush lover Hi been taking tram for 7 years+ I find lots of volcanos and then qwiso  keeps the numbers low ,so not upped much in years Docs always trying to lessen meds , I took myself off pre gab and ami due to horrid side effects . 

The side effects really don't sound fun to say the least. I am yet to try a volcano but need to!

If you don't mind the noise of the pump and the balloon crinkling away there great kit , don't recommend the Hybrid , stripped one and build is not as nice but heat up very quick compared to classic and digit. doc told me to up pre gab till I hit the level needed, worst is id sleep for ages (good for me) turned me into a speedy  nutter  instead , ami were good for neuro pain but made me a zombie for years until I thought F**k it and next on list is the Tram to nail if I can (pain wise) Atb

• 3 months later...

Adding my own co-sign to this post - old as it is, it's accurate.

I was thinking today that so much of my life is spent assessing how much pain any given activity will do to me, and if it is worth it. Everything is through that lens - can I do this and how much/how long will I be in pain afterwards? It dominates everything. I can't have a shower or wash my locs without making a cost-benefit analysis. Some days I'm like an animal caught in a trap, irritable and snappish with a vague feeling like I'd happily gnaw off a limb if I could just figure out which one would make the pain ease up to lose. Other days, I'm sobbing, and I have to call my husband down to fill the vape for me because I can't move to reach it. And don't get me wrong - without the immunosuppressants I'm on, this illness would have killed me years ago. But it isn't a cure. Neither is flower, but it certainly has helped - and I no longer need opiates at all anymore, which baffles me, but I'm glad.

Edited by MissusRhapsody

• 1 year later...

The first post makes so much sense to me having chronic pain for so long I forget what it was like before that. I also have Hyperkalaemia witch can range from anoying to I can’t move at all ( Hyperkalaemia causes Paralysis )

today it’s coming on badly soon I won’t be able to post or read.

I love that term like a thousand voices screaming in your head I always called it brain fog 

• Like 1