Whats Gwaning In The Growroom

SirBob

Hi all, havent been around here much so I thought I would give a little peek into whats going on in grow central.

My original growroom thread is here, showing the outline construction.

I decided to extend it slightly so it would fit two NFT tanks (GT-100) which are 1 metre squared. Each tank has a 600w digital lamp overhead, and there is a standard 400w between the two hung vertically without a reflector. Each tank has a 125w water heater, and they are given air by a 400l/h dual output pump. For ventilation there is two 125mm ruck fans for intake, one coming in through the veg room, the other through a window. Extraction is a massive 250mm ruck fan with phat carbon filter.

The grows are a bit of a mess at the moment, due to my lovely mazar mother plants dying i have been on a quest to find some good mothers. This lead me to get 8 different strains (albeit only a couple seeds each), which has given me 6 good mother plants. The strains i have are:

Bubblegum

Blue Cheese

Amnesia Haze

Powerplant

NYC Diesel

Skywalker

I also had a couple of jack herer and white russian seeds, but i didnt get a successful female clone from them.

I thought this would give me a bit of a range to the type of stuff i could grow.

The history of the growing of these plant was as follows:

Plants grown in soil with biobizz ferts until sexually mature (about 6-7 weeks)

4 clones taken of each plant

All plants put into flower

Males removed, corresponding clones removed

Plants flowered out, harvested, shmmoked! :rofl:

My favorites were the Bubblegum, Amnesia Haze and the NYC Diesel.

The clones were cloned again and put into flower into an NFT tank (right)

Of these new clones, the best plant of each strain was kept as a mother, and the rest put into the other tank (left)

The original clones are now just finishing at about week 9, obviously the more indica are ready and the amnesia haze need more time. The other set are about 4 weeks in.

Obviously, along with the different finishing times, the plants vary a great deal in height which has caused them to fall about a lot in the right tank as they put on weight. I'm going to tie them up properly in the left tank as a pre emptive strike.

Anyway, enough waffle, heres some pics.

All the best and happy crimbo :rofl:

Bob :rofl:

post-9041-1261611192_thumb.jpg

post-9041-1261611203_thumb.jpg

post-9041-1261611214_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SirBob

• Peter Petrelli

• Suspect

• Lee Van Spleef

1: The door and insides

2: Right tank

3: Massive amnesia haze leaning against wall

ps sorry for the bad quality, this site doesnt have very high upload limits.

post-9041-1261611925_thumb.jpg

post-9041-1261611936_thumb.jpg

post-9041-1261611947_thumb.jpg

6 again, left tank (didnt upload)

10: Shot of back of left tank, amnesia haze and skywalker

post-9041-1261612960_thumb.jpg

post-9041-1261612969_thumb.jpg

Edited by SirBob

Nice selection of strains there Bob

Must feel good to finally arrive at the stage where u have a range of mums for variety and u can rotate what u smoke...

We're just starting out on that process, hoping to get a strong Kali Mist mum out of our current grow and add the following strains over the coming months:

Nepalese Jam

Oldtimes

Killer Skunk

Orient Express

Purple Yunnan

Mango Haze

maybe Bubblegum/NYC Diesel/Powerplant

How does Bubblegum or NYC Diesel compare with Powerplant. My grow partner Squint Eastwood has grown Powerplant before and got really strong plants with a good yield. Are the other 2 similarly good growers/yielders? Curious to know which are better in terms of smoke and high too...

Anyway, looking good bro! :wink:

Nice selection of strains there Bob

Must feel good to finally arrive at the stage where u have a range of mums for variety and u can rotate what u smoke...

We're just starting out on that process, hoping to get a strong Kali Mist mum out of our current grow and add the following strains over the coming months:

Nepalese Jam

Oldtimes

Killer Skunk

Orient Express

Purple Yunnan

Mango Haze

maybe Bubblegum/NYC Diesel/Powerplant

How does Bubblegum or NYC Diesel compare with Powerplant. My grow partner Squint Eastwood has grown Powerplant before and got really strong plants with a good yield. Are the other 2 similarly good growers/yielders? Curious to know which are better in terms of smoke and high too...

Anyway, looking good bro! :wink:

i found the powerplant to be slightly lacking in yeild, although very tasty (to be fair, it was all nice). It will be better to see when i do grows with only one strain per tank, this should fully unlock their potential.

Yeah man, loving the progress at the moment, not perfect but well on the way! Tanks for looking in, i'm going to try and keep this thread as a running update on whats going on.

Sorry to invade your thread bob but I got a quick noob question....say you have 3-4 different mums sitting in a cupboard under a 400w 18hours a day how long can you have them for before they over grow the growroom?? Do you have to keep taking cuttings and regrowing the mum or what?? I'd love to have a room thats just for the mums so like Lee said, I can change up what im growing when I want. Thanks mate, as you were...

e2a: forgot to say, great looking room and ladies you got yourself there mate, very jealous :applause:

Edited by Suspect

Sorry to invade your thread bob but I got a quick noob question....say you have 3-4 different mums sitting in a cupboard under a 400w 18hours a day how long can you have them for before they over grow the growroom?? Do you have to keep taking cuttings and regrowing the mum or what?? I'd love to have a room thats just for the mums so like Lee said, I can change up what im growing when I want. Thanks mate, as you were...

e2a: forgot to say, great looking room and ladies you got yourself there mate, very jealous :yep:

Hi mate, yes you doo need to keep taking cuttings, or trimming them so they dont overgrow their rootspace. check out OT1's bonsai mum thread, it should help no end. :doh:

Bob :santa:

Hi mate, yes you doo need to keep taking cuttings, or trimming them so they dont overgrow their rootspace. check out OT1's bonsai mum thread, it should help no end. :)

Bob :yinyang:

Nice one mate, thanks a lot

:smoke:

Plans at the moment:

Right tank: Going to harvest all plants which look ready, leaving in the amnesia haze and a couple others which aren't quite done yet. It is now week 9. The remaing plants will be tied so they actually stand upright :ninja: and get the best space and light. Although it seems like a strange thing to do, i have added 100ml of PK13/14 to hopefully get them to ripen up more quickly (and have more weight :doh: ) I shall also add 100ml of cannazym to prevent problems due to the remaining roots from the harvested plants.

I have also just realised i forgot to put the water heater in!!! So god knows what the water temp must have been like!!! Its in now, positioned right next to the intake pipe for the tray. I'm going to buy 2 small water temp guages so i can keep and eye on that from now on.

I have also developed a fault with my dual output pump. basically feck all is coming out of one of the outputs, so i have put a T junction on one end and using one output for both tanks.

E.C. 1.8 P.H. 5.8

Left tank: The rear plants (prob amnesia haze, leggy buggers :rofl: ) have already started to flop about, so i have tied them up to the wall with green string. I've upped their feed to 1.8 e.c. as they were going light green on 1.4, and i'm going to watch them carefully to see if this is ok.

E.C. 1.8 P.H. 5.8

Temps: Max: 22c Min: 10c. Due to this i have adjusted the cold air intake to minimum, and reduced the speed of the extraction fan to almost minimum. Had a quick peek at the temps now (lights on 10pm-10am; lights have been off for 2 hours) and the temp is 20c which is fine.

Mother room:

Its silly to keep the mothers in 3" cubes, not only are they outgrowing them, they dry out too quick and its a chore having to mix up 2 litres of nutes every other day. so i'm going to transplant them into compost and use biobizz nutes instead.

More Plans:

I have decided to harvest the NYC diesel, Bubble gum and blue cheese now. I will then take 10 cuttings of each tomorrow to fill the tank in 2 weeks when i harvest the rest. This is because they are pretty much all ready now, the the powerplant, amnesia haza and skywalker need more time. I will do this the same for the left tank when ready, but fill the tank with amnesia haze only to unlock its true potential!

• 2 weeks later...

Bigger than me fookin arm! The amnesia haze really did overgrow this time!

post-9041-1262958787_thumb.jpg

Edited by SirBob