Seed Pack Design Competition

Joolz

I like the GD design ChilliUK. ;)

I had somthing similar in mind but lack the skills to put it together using the PC. Great ideas from everyone so far too :unsure:

- Kafka

please can i have a larger copy of that fleur du mal image on the shop? (woman with leaves in her hair)

cheers

rocky

This is the biggest copy I have rocky

I'll ask Baudelaire if he has the original :guitar:

Fleur%20du%20Mal%20logo%20medium%20square.jpg

looks like you got some competion though mate :unsure:

Guest Red Dragon

Just thought I would add my tuppenceworth to the fray!

Errm...

My attempt takes the form of a small square envelope, the back of which is plain white, and carries the breeders notes on the strain. At the top of the envelope, (on the flap??) in a prominant box are the variety name, cross-variations and vintage, all in grey print!

I was thinking along the lines of a clean modern look, hopefully portraying a classy, yet simple design using a basic set of "flat" colours for the centre design, which would contrast nicely with the "jaunty" Pegasus font!

Varying shades of grey were used in fitting with the Fleur de Mal name, again contrasted, with the "splash" of red, suggesting a slightly sinister air!

The clean, simplistic look is very easy on the eye, and does not detract in any way from the high quality product within! As a bonus, the pack would be immediately recogniseable as an FDM product from within a draw full of other seed packs.

The coloured tabs, (corners) could be used to identify different FDM variants without the need to read each individual label!

The "boxy" label design is "modular" allowing for changes to be made to the variety name, cross variations and vintage with the minimum of expense!

I admit that I "found" the central flower, (tis 0630 for heavens sake) but a similar design could very quickly be free-handed and scanned in.

See examples..

Peace.

RD

post-67-1076395448.gif

Edited by y_ddraig_goch

if you have problems uploading them because of filesize limits then you can email them to me and i'll upload them for you :unsure:

seeds@uk420store.com

Got it,

My idea was, to use stamps like these designed on the Royal Mail website, (although it would add to postage costs - £14.99 for 20) but on 2nd thoughts it might attract too much unwanted attention

post-67-1076405266.jpg

Some nice entries there guys, especially like Chilli GD pack. Maybe the packs should contain a little more info on flowering times and the like.

SB

Coming along nicely people.

Unfortunately i wont be making an entry, cos i dont got the skills! :smug:

Loving whats coming out at the moment though. Especailly goch's designs.

Tribal stuff always hits the spot with me! :unsure:

sorry to keep posting

keep posting mate ;)

and dont forget to save the raw photoshop files as graphics that have been optimised for the web will be useless for print :ninja:

Spot on with that cindy vrg mate! I quite like it! :ninja:

Like the tank on generals daughter too. Took me a while to realise it was a skunk on the third one and not just a wisp of smoke! :unsure:

Guest DeeMaxx

and dont forget to save the raw photoshop files as graphics that have been optimised for the web will be useless for print :smoke:

I've got all the front psd files saved..

Some great looking designs being posted...keep up the good work everyone :P

aint got photoshop, but im a dab hand with flash. still pushin ideas about. only had about 30 mins at it but i think i know what i want.

cheers for that pic joolz.

rocky