Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

hey peeps

how good is coco!!! iv jst reused a full crop of coco took all the biggest roots out

and away they went no probs watsover it saves comin in an out with big bags all th time

i use th mix 50% pebbles init amazin stuff wouldnt use anythin else now

i start them in an airoponic prop then straigth in2 10 lt pots an petty much straight on 12/12

they needed support 4 a week by then they wer flyin

gona hav 2 do everthin from seed now

or under a sunmaster can any1 tell me how much slower th growth with b under one

of themcompaired 2 a 400w mh thts what is use now for veg

but im moovin so i will no longer b

able 2 hav a veg room for mothers a could possibly make a small space with sunmaster

if its worth while can u keep mothers under 1??

never stop learning if u dont ask ul never no :yinyang:

Edited by yourownsthebest

Everyone says use small pots for coco but being a soil grower I found this hard to shake

I do like the rootage of these 20l hempys pure coco above the hole.

If I had to guess I reckon I did a g/w this time 4 plants 1kw but need to dry first, wieghed over 6 kilos once stripped from the plant wet.

post-15022-1271514471_thumb.jpg

post-15022-1271514512_thumb.jpg

Utterly stunned I have to say there looks to be twice the bud I got last time from the same setup except my bulb is getting old now (And I had eleveated CO2 levels), last time it was ~650g's dry.

post-15022-1271514621_thumb.jpg

post-15022-1271514629_thumb.jpg

Arghh I went into to trim last night and discovered 2oz or so with bud rot all the big cola's have suffered it a bit. I took off as much as I could see if and hung the colas seperately so no cola is touching another one. If it gets any worse I shall dump the lot of the bud into big buckets and water cure.

My best ever yield and I get bud rot, still took more with the bud rot loses than I ever have before.

I'm buying a dehumidifier next pay day.

Arghh I went into to trim last night and discovered 2oz or so with bud rot all the big cola's have suffered it a bit. I took off as much as I could see if and hung the colas seperately so no cola is touching another one. If it gets any worse I shall dump the lot of the bud into big buckets and water cure.

My best ever yield and I get bud rot, still took more with the bud rot loses than I ever have before.

I'm buying a dehumidifier next pay day.

THat sucks bro, sorry to hear it. I had bud rot on some of my big yielders too towards the end of last year, for the first time....and I had amazing ventilation and air exchange. Some phenos or strains are just much more susceptible to it imho....all it takes is one microbe (or whatever the fuck botyris is) and they get fucked and you can't realistically filter all the air in to that level of cleanliness without major airflow issues anyhow!!!

Hope you get to salvage a lot of good bud... make BHO or QWISO out of the rotten stuff imo....

GN

THat sucks bro, sorry to hear it. I had bud rot on some of my big yielders too towards the end of last year, for the first time....and I had amazing ventilation and air exchange. Some phenos or strains are just much more susceptible to it imho....all it takes is one microbe (or whatever the fuck botyris is) and they get fucked and you can't realistically filter all the air in to that level of cleanliness without major airflow issues anyhow!!!

Hope you get to salvage a lot of good bud... make BHO or QWISO out of the rotten stuff imo....

GN

Funny thing this was Blue cheese I've grown this clone out a few times now it's always been very poor yielding ~.6g/w but never a sign of bud rot. I used hempy's this time and had a propane heater which raised ppm's considerably at times but my extraction was non existent and I let them go 11.5 weeks I caught it early I had already chopped when I noticed and it's just little spots here and there but it adds up. That said I've got more weed with the budrot than without so it's hard to be gutted, if it spreads I'll be gutted. I'm off to wilkos in a mo to buy 2 brewing bins that way I have enough space with the 2 I already own to water cure the lot.

I have to say thanks GN I'd never have tried coco if you hadn't put me onto it.

I reckon I have more to find yet but I was at it 4 hours last night and that was it I had to go bed. I cut the mould out the best I could then cut the sections out that had been close to the moudly bits and started water curing that bits got to be 3-4 oz.

The mouldy stuff is going to be BHO'd today as I have no smoke and it's better to buy 3 cans for £4 than my dealer weed.

I might see if i can pick a dehumidifier up cheap off ebay in the next 2-3 days then I can have a better go at stopping the crop rotting while I'm drying.

Quick drying my weed is only giving me a bad headache, getting me very very stoned but a bad bad headache.

Edited by Tutu

Yeah mate, quick drying sucks....only good for when you're madly desperate, and even then only do minimal nugs to last the rest of the dry.

Cut out all the rotten stuff, BHO it, hang the rest to dry. Should be smokeable within about a week in this low humidity....and make sure that heater is off. If it's drying too quickly, put it into brown bags as soon as it's crispy on the outside.

GN

Yeah mate, quick drying sucks....only good for when you're madly desperate, and even then only do minimal nugs to last the rest of the dry.

Cut out all the rotten stuff, BHO it, hang the rest to dry. Should be smokeable within about a week in this low humidity....and make sure that heater is off. If it's drying too quickly, put it into brown bags as soon as it's crispy on the outside.

GN

It could be a lot worse, I appear to have nipped the rot in the bud so to speak.

There's a lot lot more than what's pictured, I ran out of batteries.

I've got it hung and spread out everywhere I'm going to be finding quarters for months to come.

I've trimmed the fan leaves now as well, RH is ~60% temps ~18C with a 1kw vegging.

post-15022-1271632264_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tutu

• 2 weeks later...
Tutu, what did you have below the hole? Fytocell?

And how often did you have to water?

Cheers

Hydroton below the hole watered every 2 days for run off, I've only just got the fytocell intial coco/fytocell mixes are favourable and I'm doing some legal hempys with pure fytocell and chillis and I shall do a oure MJ fytocell hempy at some point but got plants in coco so I shall finish these off first. If you miss a day and water at 3 days it's not the end of the world but every 2 days is good.

I did try perlite below but saw no difference in growth between perlite and hydroton and hydroton is far less nasty in enclosed spaces.

These were pure coco above the hole my next gen are 50/50 fytocell/coco and I have to say are starting to grow really nicely, I've already switched the next gen into flower <2 weeks after cropping the last one.

I'll get some pics later but I'm quite happy I scrogged 4 chronics out over 1.2m2 without topping once they were 80cmx80cm <2 weeks ago when I put them in the tent.

The good thing about coco is you can pot up something that's not going to happen with perlite/verm Fytocell I'll tell you in a couple of weeks. I don't plant them into hempys until they've rooted 3l pots out which fit nicely under my veg light then a good dose of soil secrets and pot up into 20l hempys although I think 10l hempys would be fine.

I've got all my bud drying it all in white plastic food trays you see in supermarkets stacked one on top another it's taller than me I'll grab a pic of that, drying up nicely lost 4-5oz from bud rot in the end still think I did >30oz dry of good from 1kw.

I'll buy a dehumidifier before week 6 of flower of the chronics.

Edited by Tutu

Guest hantshaze

Nice tidy green house Tutu mate :P :P :)

Propper roots there though mate.

I'm on my second coco run now and going with hand wartering.

I found auto's and coco good but had a few valve blockages and roots coming from the bottom of the pots, there not ment to do that, witch also did'nt help the valves.

Anyway good work Tutu.

Hantshaze..........

What nutes you using with your coco/fytocell mix tutu mate? Coco or hydro?

Coco but I shall do a pure fytocell with hydro nutes next time to compare since I think simplicity wise their identical.

Plant Magic Bloom nutes and ATA pk13/14

Nice tidy green house Tutu mate lol:rofl::D

Propper roots there though mate.

I'm on my second coco run now and going with hand wartering.

I found auto's and coco good but had a few valve blockages and roots coming from the bottom of the pots, there not ment to do that, witch also did'nt help the valves.

Anyway good work Tutu.

Hantshaze..........

I bought a single autopot but not really got on with it hand watered hempy is simplicity itself.