1st Diary, 1st 'full' Grow -dr80 In Loft

donniedarko

Hi there so have decided when you gonna flip da clock??. I think you are going to have plenty of space buddy to be honest so I wouldn't worry to much about that lol even then if the stretch did get out of hand you can always give pinching a try its a real good way to deal with hight and I feel it help with the yield :blub:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• donniedarko

• bodderas

• KC

• Sugarwoods

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the advice guys! :spliff:

I think Im gonna be patient and let the roots fill out so far they have been doing that in the other sized pots really fast.

Its my b-day in Jan so if not for xmas for that! :)

I just gotta keep an eye out for the possible males down the line - keep forgetting about that.

OK so today maybe the day I flip to 12/12 and the 3 sweet seeds are looking good- the bag seeds I cant tell what they are yet. Below is the BJ and then Phsicodelicia.

post-36295-1255696306_thumb.jpg

post-36295-1255696321_thumb.jpg

Edited by donniedarko

And here is the SAD that nowhas some preflowers growing and a group shot!

One thing I am unsure of is it ok to have the roots coming a long way out the bottom of the pots as this is what I have!?????? they look nice nad healthy but I dont wanna damage them!

post-36295-1255696657_thumb.jpg

post-36295-1255696665_thumb.jpg

Hello mate, glad to see all's well :wink: Don't worry about the roots coming out the bottom, they'll dry up and drop off on their own accord.

Happy growing Donnie!

Hey KC!

Im pretty sure the 3 bag seeds are males so those will be pulled out tonight at lights on which is a shame but I guess will let me concentrate on my sweet seeds.

Temps have got alot colder in the loft even with insulation so need to get the pattern of the oil rad working or could be in trouble!

OK so switched timers to 12/12 (7am to 7pm) on the evening of the 18th - forgot to mention that in the diary! :wink:

My remaining 3 sweet seed ladies were due a water and as they have been in their current pots over 10 days I added BioBizz Grow and bloom according to OT1's schedule and the ladies drank nearly 4 ltrs between them.

First pic is Phsicodelicia (sorry about the colour) this is the tallest of the bunch but does have some massive fan leaves!

Then you have the SAD on the left and Black Jack on the right. Black jack is still the fav but still doesnt smell like the others! :D

They are not the tallest of plants but they are lush green and look healthy - lets hope it continues.

post-36295-1256067714_thumb.jpg

post-36295-1256067817_thumb.jpg

Edited by donniedarko

Temps

Ok so about a week into flower and had a few issues with getting my oil rad patterns right - there has been temps over 30 at times which has had me worried and preparing for cold weather and then getting VERY mild weather hasn't helped! I think I have the right pattern now to maintain temps at 20c during lights off. Not sure if these heat changes have caused stunted growth.

Lights on 27c - lights off 19/20c

Pests[/b]

Also spotted a few fungus knats and went for the 1 on 1 option and killed them with my Mr Mayagy hands! :)

Feeding

Water and bioB G/B every 3 days and the plants seem fine but as this is my first real grow not sure if I should give more or lesser amounts to each plant but they seem happy. Lots of bud sites flowers appearing! Also topped up soil with B&Q mp - not my preference but all that I could get

Development

I have my lamp around 14" from top of canopy and plants are growing at around 3cms a day and the canopy is almost level, the BJ really caught up with all plants at around 50cm in height.

I was considering having a trim as the Phsicodelicia and BJ are very bushy - but I may just let these grow out and see as its my first grow!

Pictures that follow: Phsicodelicia - slightly the tallest of the bunch - massive fan leaves!!!!

post-36295-1256671480_thumb.jpg

Looking good buddy all looks well, can I suggest now that you have flipped over to 12/12 try trimming some of the bottom shoots off,,?? the ones rite at the bottom , these branches are the ones that are not going to catch any light ,if u trim them off try save them as back up clones, put them directly in water and follow rooting tips .Also what it does it directs all the main energy to the main branches giving them a better development and yield :guitar: .So if you dare I have probs with this to he he lol it hurts I know ,but theres no point in keeping the little branches on the bottoms unless you gonna add extra light down there beneath the canopy, ok hope I have made some sense :rofl::cheers: Good luck.

Thanks Bod, I had a little trim down there (so to speak :spliff:) - not too much but its all a learning curve a guess! I only manged to put the cuttings into water and have left them - need to reed up more on that. Things seem to be coming along nicely and ill try to get more pics up!

Think I may try feeding the Phiscodelicia a little more than the others - trying to 'read' the plants :yep:

Well them plants do look oh mity healthy buddy so you doing something rite :rofl: .Ganja is a weed it will still grow even if conditions are not ideal, but we all prefer Ideal :rofl::rofl: dont we now lol.Cloning put me off AT FIRST BUT IT IS REALLY SIMJPLE, but I"m normally just a seed man, simply pop em grow a couple of week then bloom, hell I even did some Accidental Hazes from 12/12 with ok results too.Anyway back to the point cloning,? I over estimated the amount of light needed for cloning thats why I avoided it? lol, If theres a plant that I want to clone all I do take the branch that I have snipped off, that has been sat in water,then dip the them in rooting powder, or Clonex Gel, is alot more better,!!! :B): then plant directly in medium then put a zip lock baggy over the top and leave it for a couple of weeks, I always take more than needed, and you need to make sure no air gets trapped up the stem this is why we leave them in water.Make sure it gets real sweaty and humid in there and when you see them pale green leafs turning yellow it has rooted, then just feed a real small amount of grow.Now I'm sure an expert could pick out tuns and tons of mistakes about what I have mentioned but its the easy est, and less of a hassle free way for me :rofl: .Its when they have rooted thats when they really need more light and its then up to you what you want to do with them.If they are Sativa clones as soon as they are rooted can be put in bloom but I think we all prefere to have some root mass first before we try bloom so that we have a better yield.Oh jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees soz for the NOVEL lol I think you are doing great buddy keep it up cant wait for more lol

Edited by bodderas

Temps

Ok so about a week into flower and had a few issues with getting my oil rad patterns right - there has been temps over 30 at times which has had me worried and preparing for cold weather and then getting VERY mild weather hasn't helped! I think I have the right pattern now to maintain temps at 20c during lights off. Not sure if these heat changes have caused stunted growth.

Lights on 27c - lights off 19/20c

Pests[/b]

Also spotted a few fungus knats and went for the 1 on 1 option and killed them with my Mr Mayagy hands! :rofl:

Feeding

Water and bioB G/B every 3 days and the plants seem fine but as this is my first real grow not sure if I should give more or lesser amounts to each plant but they seem happy. Lots of bud sites flowers appearing! Also topped up soil with B&Q mp - not my preference but all that I could get

Development

I have my lamp around 14" from top of canopy and plants are growing at around 3cms a day and the canopy is almost level, the BJ really caught up with all plants at around 50cm in height.

I was considering having a trim as the Phsicodelicia and BJ are very bushy - but I may just let these grow out and see as its my first grow!

Pictures that follow: Phsicodelicia - slightly the tallest of the bunch - massive fan leaves!!!!

To be honest buddy it looks as though it has enough food there I can see some clawing and maybe a little to much water/feed.Are you feeling how heavy the pots are before feeding,?. Was this photo taken just after her feed?, I know how that can cause the plant to droop a little after, I now dont have this problem any more lol , its a sign that the pots you are using are a little out, or not enough root mass for the sized pot. I dunno,??? I moved to smaller pots and that drooping has stopped for me.I to had this problem just after a water and feed drooping but now I got the rite size pots after every water and feed the plants are always uprite now which is a better sign me thinks.

Edited by bodderas

Hey goodtimes - didnt do anything with these ladies - au natural! but did trim underneath a little. Will try a top on the next batch.

Bod - thanks for the cutting info - just havent had much time so they sitting in water.

Regarding the claw on the Phiso - I noticed that but wasnt sure if was over feeding - its been like that towards the last few days before 12/12 so i thought it may have been lacking nutes from the compost.

Not sure if its roots as the other dont have this issue and the Phisco is the tallest of the bunch and then were all fully rooted out before potting up to finals but you may be right. Pics below all taken before watering and feed - I was watering every 3rd day but today has been the 4th day so think will stick with that. Pots are always light before i water and they drink loads when i do water them.

So in the pic - droopy Phiscodelicia and the claws - whats the verdict over nuted?

post-36295-1257189989_thumb.jpg

post-36295-1257189999_thumb.jpg