Hairs Turning Brown :)

JordanCMU

My question is, typically, how early in the flowering stage do the hairs start getting more brown? Is there usually an amount of time left when the hairs are first noticed to brown? It has been about 4 1/2 weeks into flowering 12/12, and i have just noticed a few hairs getting brown. What can I expect? Thanks ;):yinyang:

Guest Red Dragon

Hi JordanCMU;

It's perfectly normal to see a few brown "hairs" on your plant throughout flowering. That said, if there are a lot then maybe you are further along the flowering process than you initially thought?

On my plants these brown hairs tend to look a bit like fuse wire, and are, (on the whole) a lot thinner and whispier than their white, sticky-looking cousins!

As long as there is only one or two of these brown pistils, then all is ok.

Keep an eye on it over the next few days, looking for any new brown hairs as they appear and take note of how many.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

RD

Yeah it helps, i was mostly wondering because im hoping the buds get alot fuller. What size difference can i expect in the next 4 or 5 weeks of flowering? Do they generally double or whatever in size?

bud sizes varys on conditions well growing conditions cant really say how big theyll get or how small theyll be but they put alot on in the last few weeks

JordanCMU

My question is, typically, how early in the flowering stage do the hairs start getting more brown?

They r ripining and as said as a general rule type of 'high' (smoko) depends on weather 50% brown - 80% browning. It's up to you - can you test drive your smoke, or you looking to flush?

mostly wondering because im hoping the buds get alot fuller. What size difference can i expect in the next 4 or 5 weeks of flowering?

&

Do they generally double or whatever in size?

wELL Emmmmmmm ! not to sure

Strain dependent & environment during grow will play the most on this one ?

Thanks for the reply, next week im going to snip a bowl and try it out :wassnnme: White Widow, under 150watt hps, and four 40watt floro's. Its quite a tree, measures about 1.5meters high and about the same in width.

Should be ready in a week or so (10 Days) - when your ready -

PS:

- Stop feeding em now then

- Flush PH adjusted water

hope you get really smashed :guitar:<_<

;)

Should be ready in a week or so (10 Days) - when your ready -

PS:

- Stop feeding em now then

- Flush PH adjusted water

Not good advise Mark the plant is only 4.5 weeks into flowering, WW is an 8 to 9 week flowerer so its only half way, most of the weight goes on with a healthy plant during the last 2 weeks.

Jordan you keep feeding them, some of the early pistil browning has probably been cause by you allowing it to dry out to the wilting stage, the plant should recover and gain weight.

Thanks for the advice OT. Yeah, i only noticed the early browning after i allowed them to dry out too much. That was the first time, i generally water the them with about a liter, when the top soil feels dry to the touch. Im going to post a few pictures of the tree in a few days. Those will be posted on the Indoor Budshots forumn. Im excited to give this stuff a whirl. Ive had WW before and really knocked me on my ass. Im really hoping mine turns out better :)

They r ripining and as said as a general rule type of 'high' (smoko) depends on weather 50% brown - 80% browning.

Actually the amount of brown hairs is just a general rule (as you said) of thumb and isn't as accurate as you would think. The most accurate way to tell if a plant is ready to harvest is by getting a 30x lens and look at the developing trichomes. When the trichomes are still producing THC, they are clear. When they are at the peak of the THC production, they will be a milky white. When they are amber colored, the THC is degrading. It is best to harvest when the trichomes are milky-looking. :yinyang:

Edited by skinny d

A tip i keep using with WW, from gypsy nirvana orig i think, is when they look almost done stick them in 24 hour darkness, it stresses the hell out of the plant & it goes into overdrive resin production, it really does work for me, but if the colas are really resinous & fat keep an eye out for mould, lots of ventilation & really dry air is great.

If it's cured nice & slow it smokes really mellow........& then it's next wednesday!!!!

A tip i keep using with WW, from gypsy nirvana orig i think, is when they look almost done stick them in 24 hour darkness, it stresses the hell out of the plant & it goes into overdrive resin production, it really does work for me, but if the colas are really resinous & fat keep an eye out for mould, lots of ventilation & really dry air is great.

that sounds interesting. anyone else ever give that a try?

that sounds interesting. anyone else ever give that a try?

Hello mate i normally just cut them off at the end off there night cycle then hand them upside down fo bout a week.

i regrow the stems as well bang them straight back on a 20 on 4 off it normally takes them a couple off weeks to realise its summer again and you might lose a few but i normally find the second yield is better.

Does flowering for a second yime work? How much of the foilage do you have to leave on?

Aye flowering a second time works but you need to put the plant back under at least 18 hours of light in order to re-veg it. After it has recovered put it back under 12/12.

I have heard that the second harvest will yield less, slightly less potent by all accounts too.

You will need to leave some foliage on the plant in order for it to rejuvinate back from flowering.

- Kafka