My Go At The Competition

Hi and welcome to my sweet seed grow diary..As requested I have started but I cant germ my Black Jack, Ice Cool or S.A.D till next week as I'm catching a flight in 4 hours for a weeks scuba diving in the Red Sea,, I would like to say a big thank you to Sweet seeds for the opportunity of growing some of your stock.. Well done withnail for organizing this and good luck to everyone in the competition. See ya next week... B)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madgiz

• Pickels

• withnail

• syanide

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi madgiz,

shit man its gonna a mission trying to keep up with all these sweet diarys eh :rofl:

good luck tho mate :doh:

tcc

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments guys. I am now back from my travels and keen to get going on my sweet seeds grow.. So here goes.. :P

post-8903-1248260005_thumb.jpg

post-8903-1248260027_thumb.jpg

Well so far so good as you can see all the seeds have cracked,, I am now going to transplant them into small rockwool cubes Which have been soaking over night in PH water 5.2 Rhizotonic and plant magic catalyst..Although I eventually intend on growing these on in compost I propagate in rockwool because it rarely lets me down and I dont want to make an arse of my self by putting them staight in soil and cocking it up..

post-8903-1248514706_thumb.jpg

post-8903-1248514718_thumb.jpg

Nice one madgiz :v:

Glad to hear they are on thier way, never used rockwool myself, seems a bit scary :wink: Funny what you feel comfortable with innit :yep:

Hope you had a good dive, them diving piccies are splendid :notworthy;

Cheers withnail,, I was a hydro grower for years before I succumbed to the dark side and I've never really got the hang of propagating in compost..

Anyway they are out of the blocks..(well 4 are :rofl: )

post-8903-1248779634_thumb.jpg

Nice one Madgiz. Interesting to see how everyone labels their plants. Seems everyone has their own little method for keeping track of what's what.

Good luck mate. :spliff:

Thanks for dropping in Blayz'd

Well I'll start with the bad news, so far none of the Blackjacks have shown any signs of growth since the have cracked.. :smoke: Which is a bit of a shame as this was the strain I was most looking forward to growing,, I'll give the another week or so, so they may pick up yet..

Also I managed to heavy handedly snap of the tap root on one of the SAD's... :)

pic1.. Blackjacks sat dormant

... but enough of that, on the lighter side all 3 Icecool's and the remaining 2 SAD's are looking fine and pretty much ready for moving into compost..I will be using a little Plant Magic granules to kick start the roots a splash of rockdust and watered in with 4 ml rhizotonic per 1 litre of water..

I will pot them in to a depth where all the growing tips are the same height..

Pic2..ready for potting on

Pic3..quick look at roots

Pic4..granules in the potting hole

Pic5..ready to go back in the veg cabinet

post-8903-1249130228_thumb.jpg

post-8903-1249130598_thumb.jpg

post-8903-1249130722_thumb.jpg

post-8903-1249130774_thumb.jpg

post-8903-1249130850_thumb.jpg

Edited by madgiz

Hiya Madgiz..

Unlucky on the Black Jack mate.... Others look to be coming on a treat though.. :)

Hope fully the bad lucks out of the way at the start....

All the best.

Stonehenge

ETA. Maybe they'll show? I had one that was just a tiny sprout for a few days.. a good three days behind the other seeds i germed!

Edited by Stonehenge

Hiya Madgiz..

Nice set of photos just curious though what you did to ur seeds to crack them

do u have a special place or just bang em in a dark cupboard for a few days ?

Shame about the 3 the Blackjacks, thats a big bummer but I'm with S/T may be they

pop up soon.

Good luck with the rest of your grow.

just curious though what you did to ur seeds to crack them

do u have a special place or just bang em in a dark cupboard for a few days ?

Hi Pickels Thanks for dropping in..All I do is use the loo roll method keeping the paper moist and cover the tuperware container leaving the lid slightly off and put the whole container in a heated prop for a day or 2..Also I think its fair to say the Blackjacks are no more..