Amsterdam munchies

thesilk

Guest 2hi2try

Just about anything from anywhere.

I end up spending more on munchies than weed.

-2Hi

Edited by 2hi2try

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archangel

• Sam Semillia

• Hashishin

• thesilk

I'm heading off to the dam later in the year and I'm trying to sort out a plan of attack regarding nice places to eat. Some good ideas already from this thread but what I'm looking for in particular is a good steak house that'll not mind 4-6 stoners tucking in.

We're a pretty indecisive bunch when stoned so ended up on a diet of re-heated pizza slices and chips last time we were there. It was all well and good but I'm sure Amsterdam has a lot more to offer lol . Rather than winging it when we get there I've decided to plan this trip out a bit so we don't end up stumbling into any place with food.

I know there is a load of steak houses in the Dam but any favourites out there? :rofl:

I just go to the Aregntian Steak house next to the Palace (between Damstraat and Magna Plaza). It's always one of our dinners out there.

There's a place further up near to Centraal that does that Wagyu stuff for like 90euros or something if you'd prefer it :B):

I'm struggling to offer anything more concrete than that place though. Pizza slices and chips with chip sauce, combined with cakes etc stashed to the hotel room is pretty much enough for us.

Oh yeah, EDIT: We had our wedding reception in "Haesje Claes. They were very accommodating. Food was decent and cheep, and something for everyone. :)

Edited by CheeseyRhino

We went to a nice vegetarian place called Flying Saucer. It was the most expensive thing we ate at about 10 euros for a main dish but it came with a few different salads was really filling, tasty and healthy, was very easy to digest just what you need when you have been walking round amsterdam. :headpain:

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but when we were over in February we discovered Burger Bar, near 420 Cafe (down the lane across the pedestrianised street, the other way from Damrak). The burgers there are really really good, and the fries are dynamite as well :) Will be going back here over McD's / Burger King in future, burgers are cooked fresh in front of you, you can get diff types of beef, really tasty :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

off to Dam on the 3rd of September for the weekend and when i go, breakfast is alway had in a little family run cafe just on the other side of the canal to GH centrum. I usually have one of their massive savoury pancakes which has chesse, tomato, ham and mushroom. this is followed by a sweet pancake all washed down with tea and OJ. It properly sets me up for a good days tokin :smokin:

Edited by farmer_giles

• 1 month later...

went to a pizzaera (proper one, not the one where you buy a single slice) on damstraat. oposite the chip place more toward dam sq i believe

if you can find that, i recommend it! something like 7 euro for a full fresh cheese pizza (too cheap to get toppings, needed more ganj :nea:)

• 2 weeks later...

My fav is Bird on Zeedijk, a cracking thai snackbar. I used to eat there 3-4 times a week, it's that good.

Everyone gets a different meal, all cooked to order. So dont expect to the get best looking meal in the place the first time you go there. They also had a restaurant Bird opposite, same food but much more luxurious and more expensive.

If you piss them off you get a nuclear hot curry. Few times I had to strip to the waist in mid winter to try & stop sweating after one of their curries. :stoned:

Pancake corner for me, bottom end of leidseplein.

Crackin dutch home cooked food with a big pancake with ice cream and cream to finish off.

Pretty cheap as well. :doh:

My fav is Bird on Zeedijk, a cracking thai snackbar. I used to eat there 3-4 times a week, it's that good.

Thai Bird is excellent, I always have ar least one meal in there, it can get very crowded though.

Not so much munchies; but if you fancy a very good authentic Mexican meal then go to Los Pilones...great frozen margheuritas :doh: . It's on Kerkstraat....while you're down that way, pop in to Dolphins CS; the menu is quite limited but quaity.