Amsterdam munchies

thesilk

In my early days of the dam I used to get chips and mayonnaise from Febo, when I go with the missus we tend to try and enjoy ourself, we go to this Argentinian steak place but fuck knows what its called or where it is, we always manage to find it though.

that sounds like Gauchos - been there a few times myself :yinyang:

Ashamed to say, but it s McD's for me.

Believe it or not but McDonalds over there is QUALITY. Always piping hot, fresh and filling. Makes you realise just how wrong we get it over here. The British attitude is bullshit. We just accept crap food.

Give it a try.

agreed - the food actually looks like the pics and everything is so fresh - puts McD's in the UK to shame

chocomel (do they still have this -not been to amsterdam for at least 10 years:( )

and of course pickled herrings

rollmops every time - they also remind me of being a kid and holidays in southend .

the cockle sheds in leigh....aaahhh fond memories

ahh I love the herrings from the vendors - I have to neck at least 2 when I get there!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archangel

• Sam Semillia

• Hashishin

• thesilk

From visiting the dam 20 plus times, I have discovered a gem, Its the foodhall in a department store called V&D, Rokin 203, 1012 XC. This place does everything, Fresh Juice bar, Noodle bar, patiserrie, they'll cook a steak right in front of you if thats what you like,sandwich bar. The place is so cheap and everything is fresh. It closes around 6ish but the best time to hit it is between 12 and 3, its always packed with locals which is always a good sign

Believe it or not but McDonalds over there is QUALITY. Always piping hot, fresh and filling. Makes you realise just how wrong we get it over here. The British attitude is bullshit. We just accept crap food.

Give it a try.

We tried to steer clear of McD's because my boyfriend recalled seeing a rat run across the floor in one of them on a previous visit, kind of put us off....

Ended up going there eventually though, we were dying for some good junk food lol:D

theres a little place on spuistaat /singel next door to kilroy travels nice cheep and fresh run by a milf and daughter

theres a little place on spuistaat /singel next door to kilroy travels nice cheep and fresh run by a milf and daughter

Well there you go then...

Give it a try.

I got to agree,the macy's are much nicer over there!

Guest smoketilluchoke
We tried to steer clear of McD's because my boyfriend recalled seeing a rat run across the floor in one of them on a previous visit, kind of put us off....

Ended up going there eventually though, we were dying for some good junk food :yinyang::D

haha yeah there's always pigeons in there too ;)

but the double cheesburgers over there a lot better, i always go through bare of them ;) ;)

gotta be "wok to walk" or "wok to go" whatever its name is for me, mmmm beef veg and noodles in oyster sauce, cuold go that right now.

febo burgers too, always filling up with them burgers :unsure:

same as with wok to walk, cheap and tasty. and anything from the cake shop.... they all look great after a smoke!

Cant remember the name of the place but theres a little shop on the Leidestratt no more than a hundred yards or so from the flower market sells sandwiches and toasties, very small shop with only a couple fridges and a counter on the back wall but fuck me its delicious, was under 2 euro for a cheese + ham toastie, a nice alternative to maccies.

What we also like to do is stock up 10 or 20 euro worth of junk food and leave it in the hotel room awaiting your return at early o'clock when you're total ripped :rofl:

TT

• 10 months later...
Head down the Albertcuyp Market for fresh stroopwaffles (OMG!)....while you're down that way stop in to Katsu for a smoke.

Oh man those babies are to die for!!!! Wow that really takes me back to my ventures in Nederland. Fantastic stuff

Has anyone had one of those massive single falafels they do?

Me and my ex went into an Indian restaurant called Koh-i-Noor on the Rokin...absolutely amazing! As soon as he'd established we were British he couldn't do enough for us...gotta love Indian food when smoking!

I remember going to 'the shop with no prices' as we called it :wink: , called that for obvious reasons. Loved getting packets of Tuc biscuits(them cheesy things), and plenty of Ice Tea, don't know why that's not really popular in the U.K.

Also any pizza vendor I went to seemed to serve huge slices of nice pizza and not that expensive either.

Gotta love chocomel too

chocolate coated waffles, could eat them all day

from the cake shop just up from where the 3 bulldogs are on the canal walk past them right at the intersection just before "wok n walk" i think was a little stoned everytime we went there so direction area little hazey :wink:

Fallafel is always good value in the 'dam especially the places where you can eat as much as you like from the salad bar. A lot of the Dutch bars do a good Steak and Chips. Indonesian food is plentifull and well worth a try imo. Its all about the pastries really. I got the munchies now thinking about it!! :ninja:

• 1 month later...

I'm heading off to the dam later in the year and I'm trying to sort out a plan of attack regarding nice places to eat. Some good ideas already from this thread but what I'm looking for in particular is a good steak house that'll not mind 4-6 stoners tucking in.

We're a pretty indecisive bunch when stoned so ended up on a diet of re-heated pizza slices and chips last time we were there. It was all well and good but I'm sure Amsterdam has a lot more to offer :rofl:. Rather than winging it when we get there I've decided to plan this trip out a bit so we don't end up stumbling into any place with food.

I know there is a load of steak houses in the Dam but any favourites out there? :unsure: