Fast Drying

BOZ

High All,

Harvested my two lovely looking girls on Saturaday (Fem Mazars), and being the impatient kind of guy I am I just wanted to try a little bit there and then. So I got to thinking of ways to speed up the drying process. I knew from bitter experience that quick drying in the oven dosen't realy work and using news paper or paper bags still takes to long to work.

So I thought about frezze drying, this basically works on the principle that if place your wet bud in a low vacuum (i.e. less than atmospheric pressure) the moisture evaporates (or out gasses) faster than in normal atmosphere. The same priniple they use for making your instant coffee.

Luckily, where I work they have all the necessary kit for me to set up an experiment at home. So off I went and left work trying to smuggle home a small vacuum pump and chamber in Tescos bag!!! :smoke:

When I got home, I palced my experimental bud in the Vacuum chamber and switched on. For normal water to boil at room temperature you have to get the pressure in your vacuum to around 100mbar, one tenth of normal atmosphere.

The pump I used could only get my pressure down to around 150-200mbar, so I left it pumping for 30mins and then checked it.

What came out was a lot dryer, but at the same time was a lot less sticky than when in went into the chamber. :soap:

Looks like it sucked all the godness out as well as the water.

To sum up, it didn't work. BOLLOCKS.

I guess the moral of the story is 'Don't be such an impatient git'.

Looks like I'm going have to wait the full 10 days its got left to dry.

Anyway just thought I'd share that with you all, take it easy.

Cheers

Boz :oldtoker

If i was you i wouldnt bother to quick dry it, ganja takes time and love to get u properly fucked :smoke:

Nice avatar btw :soap:

Edited by []D [] []v[] []D

did it do the job after your experiment? you said it didn't work at all... you didn't feel anything? i was stoned proper after microwaving a tiny lower bud. :headpain:

did it do the job after your experiment? you said it didn't work at all... you didn't feel anything? i was stoned proper after microwaving a tiny lower bud. ;)

Nah, I didn't smoke it, thought it would be rank :ninja:

How did you do your micro method? Wouldn't mind giving that a go.

Boz :wassnnme:

microwave method really sucks. basically, try to get a mini heater in a very small room and heat it up good with good airflow. this will dry your bud doubletime. microwaved weed tastes about as good as microwaved shite. (not that i would know what shite taste's like, but u can imagine)

Microwaving is an awful way of drying your bud. It has a tendancy to burst all the trichomes on your weed, and I have had buds catch fire in the microwave in the past. Its about on the level of drying it out under the grill, which is to say, crap.

If I really am climbing the walls, I fast dry small amounts by sticking some in a brown paper bag, and then bunging it behind a radiator for a day or two. Its harsh, but more or less intact :toldya:

You can't beat the old slow dry and cure method though. Never worth messing it up at the end thru impatience when you just spent 3 months to get it spot on :)

Just a thought on the freezedrying though - it would have been harsh, because the chlorophyll had not had the chance to break down, but it probably would have been OK. You should have at least tried it mate :stoned: You never know, you could have been onto something :)

Edited by Offmehead

It takes time for the thc to change from its non psycho acitve acidic for to its neutral psychoacitve form, keeping it dry is mainly (for me neway) to stop the fungai, just coz its dry dont mean its ready (it takes time not the lack of moisture)

Tbh id let it stay wet longer if it wanted to, 3 weeks is fucking ages to dry out!

[]D [] []v[] []D :stoned:

Edited by []D [] []v[] []D

if u have a toaster oven.... set a bud in there and heat it to about 200F keep opening it to let air in, ur bud will be mostly dry in 5 minutes. i just did to take a tester and i was on me arse for about 2 hours. still makes it taste/smell like shite.

Edited by skinny d

I`ve found an airing cupboard or a boiler room to be the quickest. I`ve tried microwaves, ovens e.tc, but the taste is foul. I can get a reasonable level of dryness in around 10 days. It smokes well, but you still have some bad taste. It`s the curing that gives the mellow flavour and there is no substitute for it. Unfortunately.

In the past when i've wanted quick drying, i've just stuck my buds under my 400w hps, keep the distance at about 3-4 feet and turn every 2 hours, done in about 8 hours. Not instant but relatively quick

I have found the best method for myself without nuking the bud is wrapping it in a bit of newspaper, jamming your central heating on as low as it goes, put the bud between the radiator and the wall then wait about 2 hours or so and whalllaa!...quick dried bud! , not the ideal way :smoke: ....but fairly quick :yep:

MH

i cant believe u didnt try it Boz!!!

itd get u stoned, just not taste as nice. so actually, your method did work!

you could try the process again but let it take longer this time. or hang the buds for a few days before u pump em. i dont think u shud give up on your idea!

rocky

... put the bud between the radiator and the wall then wait about 2 hours or so and whalllaa!...quick dried bud!

Can't be arsed to find a radiator, I just stick it on top of the PC monitor where the hot air comes out. :smoke:

Urmmmm....

Look, if you want smoke before your bud is dry, or even before you harvest it, 'tis easy:

Roll a spliff with no weed or hash in. Rub gently but firmly along a juicy budsite. You will see the skin become sticky quite quickly....... with Hashish!

Light,

Enjoy

and await the harvest/cure time.