What Was Soap Bar, Really?

willowisp

Whats the deal with the squidgy black, is that as bad as 'normal' hard as rock soap? My dealer often sells it, its about 20 quid for 3-4 grams and when I ask about it I just get told "Gold Seal, Mate" I'm not entirely convinced it's the real deal though. What things should I look out for in soapy black?

Whats the deal with the squidgy black, is that as bad as 'normal' hard as rock soap? My dealer often sells it, its about 20 quid for 3-4 grams and when I ask about it I just get told "Gold Seal, Mate" I'm not entirely convinced it's the real deal though. What things should I look out for in soapy black?

There is and certainly used to be some great black going around but not that much these days. I love good black hash and have bought a bit lately. One lot I got was fantastic, very clean, great high that creeps up on you, not the best but pretty good, I have also bought some utter shite recently but luckily only 1/8 oz. The shit stuff is just soap repressed I think, it smells of soap. I took a couple of drags and binned it, I knew before I took the drags on the J it was shit but being a hopeless and senseless optimist etc..

I think bad black is as bad or worst than soap but its like comparing dog shit and cat shit, they are both shit.

I think the main reasons for crap hash is high margins and people that do not know the difference. Commercially I doubt it makes sense to bring top quality hash into the UK in the volumes that soap bar is brought in, if a couple of ton of soap got pulled at customs then the importer would lose about £3.88, if a few ton of decent hash got pulled then they stand to lose a bit more cash. (Sure I will get corrected on this but this is my view)

EDIT - All the above are the reasons I am growing my own and going to make my own hash.

EDIT 2 - Also at that price (20 for 1/8) there is a very high chance its shit

Edited by MartininLondon

Personally, I don't understand it if they import the 'hash' (:soap:) already adulterated - ¿surely it would be far more bulky and heavy?

I would have though it would make more sense to actually import into the UK the original, higher-grade, untouched stuff, and then if you're going to piss about with it, then do that after it's been delivered to the UK.

¿Surely you're going to lose just as much money losing a consignment of 3 tons of :soap: (that'll be harder to hide and smuggle) than you would if you lost 1 kilo of primo hash? :D

:rofl:

I bought some "rocky" a few months ago and it really did smell like dog turd. God knows what was in it!?

Personally, I don't understand it if they import the 'hash' (:soap:) already adulterated - ¿surely it would be far more bulky and heavy?

I would have though it would make more sense to actually import into the UK the original, higher-grade, untouched stuff, and then if you're going to piss about with it, then do that after it's been delivered to the UK.

¿Surely you're going to lose just as much money losing a consignment of 3 tons of :soap: (that'll be harder to hide and smuggle) than you would if you lost 1 kilo of primo hash? :D

:rofl:

Its probably to do with the hassle of making it over here though I am sure there must be a bit of it going on somewhere. The raw shit they put in soap must have a good supply chain and cheap labour where they make it so its easier to make it there and ship it here.

There is and certainly used to be some great black going around but not that much these days. I love good black hash and have bought a bit lately. One lot I got was fantastic, very clean, great high that creeps up on you, not the best but pretty good, I have also bought some utter shite recently but luckily only 1/8 oz. The shit stuff is just soap repressed I think, it smells of soap. I took a couple of drags and binned it, I knew before I took the drags on the J it was shit but being a hopeless and senseless optimist etc..

I think bad black is as bad or worst than soap but its like comparing dog shit and cat shit, they are both shit.

I think the main reasons for crap hash is high margins and people that do not know the difference. Commercially I doubt it makes sense to bring top quality hash into the UK in the volumes that soap bar is brought in, if a couple of ton of soap got pulled at customs then the importer would lose about £3.88, if a few ton of decent hash got pulled then they stand to lose a bit more cash. (Sure I will get corrected on this but this is my view)

EDIT - All the above are the reasons I am growing my own and going to make my own hash.

EDIT 2 - Also at that price (20 for 1/8) there is a very high chance its shit

Yeah I had some a few weeks ago that smelt nice and got me cained, but that was 25 an 1/8...

Although I have heard there is a lot of nice hash in my area, I just don't know the right people. Would love to sample some temple balls or charas one day.

man i havent smoked that shit in yrs. i used 2 be able to buy an oz for £30 so that just tells u how shit it is

easy money with that shit though especially if ppl r chargin silly money for a 8th

What things should I look out for in soapy black?

it should put you on your back after half a joint.

if it doesnt - its not real black, the old black we used to get from falkirk 'fisheye' we called it, was one of the strongest ive ever smoked by far.

I saw this on an old post but also in Hashish book by Robert Clarke

Roll youself and a spliff and suck it before you light, if you can taste something then its shit hash. I think this works from my experience too.

Also the colour of the smoke if you roll a little snake and light it, blow it out and watch the colour of the smoke from it, the best stuff is milky, also if the ash thats left behind is dark then its shit, it sould be very light grey/white

Edited by MartininLondon

Some of the soap bar in the late 80s was alright...it looked clean and snapped nicely, and was an ok smoke.

It wasn't just soap, remember slate? Fucks sake...now that really was awful! And rocky, with iron filings that showered sparks out of the end of yer spliff!

I remember slate and rocky well, pretty shite if you had got used to nice squidgy blacks but not as bad as some of the soaps I got at the time.. Did you ever get "Diesel" mid 80's, got you wrecked but stank of diesel and gave you a splitting headache... wonder how they smuggled that one in :disguise:

When the really hard shiny oz bars of soap first appeared where I lived a dealer m8 said that it was being soaked in cheap cola so it absorbed the sugar and put on weight, he said you could tell because it wouldn't fluff up properly and when it cooled it went back to rock hard.... don't know how true that was

Did you ever get "Diesel" mid 80's, got you wrecked but stank of diesel and gave you a splitting headache... wonder how they smuggled that one in :wassnnme:

Yeh I remember that stuff. I really did have shit for my brains even trying to smoke it. Then again we used to smoke Vicks chest rub rolled in A4 paper when I was at School in Chemistry

That diesel was nasty shit, it had a horrible colour to it too, like an oily blacky/browny colour, I cant believe I smoked it and/or bought it.

ive said it before....there is a generation of 'hash' smokers who have never once smoked real hash.

Paul....i wonder how to proceed with that. Pathetic being stonewalled when the substance you are trying to get direct action over is without a doubt devastating for you health.

Edited by Underwater

There is so much health-risk propoganda out there that people probably don't mind a potential few extra damaging chemicals in there, if they are already convinced that they are gonna die or go crazy smoking 100% legit weed.