Art

*L S D*

Howdy people,

I'm not much of an artist and as much as it really interests me i've never had the desire to start drawing myself, however...

The other night me and my best buddy took a special tryptamine, DMT.

Ever since i've had this mad desire to put what i seen behind my eyes onto paper!

I was just wondering if art is one of them things that comes naturally or can it just come with practice?

Stupid question i know but those that have smoked DMT in large doses would kinda know how im feeling about this matter and i havent been able to get these visions out of my mind since! Not that i want to forget them of course :wink:

Any advice on how to start my interest off would be gratefully appreciated

LSD :notworthy:

PS, I know this may not relate directly to cannabis i just wouldn't want to ask for advice elsewhere.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randalizer

• *L S D*

• DaveDee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heya,

I consider myself a multi media artist (drawing/pencils, water color, multi media installations, stage design). The important thing is to create a work/play station for your art. It can be as elaborate as an art studio room, or as simple as a drawing pad and a box of colored pencils. It's a way to create focus, to help get you into the mind set for creating.

So start with a blank sheet of paper. Draw. Try drawing big, then fill in the details. A real good way is to sketch with pencil until you roughly get what you want, ink over the good parts and erase the pencil lines, then color in.

Laying down a lot of quality color is an art in itself. Magic markers are a cheap way to get started. Learning to draw with a computer program can be fun. Another way of going is with collage, although sometimes it takes awhile and some storage space to build up a library of images to draw fun.

The nice thing about art is that it is YOURS! You can do with it whatever you want and take it where ever you want to go.

Edited by Randalizer

Thanks guys, i will be going into town this weekend to get some materials, im kinda skint at the moment so i will only be able to get myself a notepad and pencils and colours.

As you can imagine the things i want sketch down are VERY colourful :guitar: and rather intricate but im sure it will take a while before i can draw some of the visions.

I'm naturally left handed and i've heard the lefties can be quite an artistic bunch but that could just be a load of bollocks so i won't rely on that!!!

As soon as i have anything i'm half proud of i will definately post up some pics

Once again thanks for the advice guys!

LSD :yinyang:

Does your image have colours?

You need to start drawing it. Over and over. If you have the image properly fixed in your mind and it's got colour get some felts and sketch it as many times as your patience allows. That will give you a draft image to work off.

That's where I'd start.

yeah I guess practise and just doodling is the way.

I remember last year I had an urge to draw, dont know why :yinyang: anyways I bought myself a pad and a box of pencils, sat outside my back garden and started to draw what I saw with a beer and spliff, really enjoyed it - actually surprised myself with the result, well it wasnt perfect compared to other peoples art, but it felt good to see the result I created.

so yeah i reckon all great artists were crap at first and they just persisted, learning new techniques etc

good for the soul anyways, no matter how good your art turns out :guitar: good luck with it

(ps, i totally forgot about drawing, last time i drawed was a few months ago on holiday)

so yeah i reckon all great artists were crap at first and they just persisted, learning new techniques etc

It's a lot like growing. :yinyang:

Yeah there was lots of colours, i think some of the colours i seen dont exist in reality unfortunately!

While at work i have been doodling and some of those could work as a draft but theyre only in biro. I think i will have a pen and paper sat next to me when i delve into the wonderful world of DMT again so i can make some drafts while its fresh in my head.

Unfortunately i have to wait until i can get the stuff to extract DMT which wont be until the end of the month :(

LSD :smoke:

I don't think you need the dmt to get to that trance space where you saw visions that inspired you so. The doors have been opened so to speak. Mind, I am NOT discouraging you from your shamanic quests! :nea: Keep on keepin' On! :yes:

What I have seen is that drugs mostly put me in a space where I am less likely to interact with situations that would detract from my visonary state.

But the other aspect that is helpful is to just doodle anytime you can, so that drawing can be a bit automatic for you. Once you can do this, no matter how you get there, I think you'll find drawing your visions much easier and fluid. :yes:

I think we need a real life UK420 art gallery and charge tourists a lot of money, :yes::woot::( We should be able to come up with some very interesting and provocative shows. :yes::smoke:

Edited by Randalizer

shit. I forgot about the first rule of volunteering ideas....

I think a UK420 Art Gallery should be a UK thang? Or is that just too silly? :woot:

and what the feck em I a gonna do with all these here personalities? :smoke::(

I wouldn't say i need the DMT to draw but i would definately need it for inspiration from time to time.

Have you tried DMT Randalizer?

As you said in an earlier post i would like to have something that is unique to me, i see a lot of psychadelic art which is just colours splashed on a canvas and although i still appreciate it i find it all a bit "samey" which is the complete opposite to what im trying to achieve,

I feel that visions i had seen while on the DMT were like nothing i had ever seen....

Some of them were dark,some sexual and also some had great meaning (although im still tryingto figure them out :() and i think if i could see them on paper i would have a greater chance of "Cracking the code" sorta thing

LSD :smoke:

Have you tried DMT Randalizer?

I have and usually expeience a lot of difficulty getting a proper threshhold dose. Might be something to do with me weak lungs. I have managed to have a very nice salvia experience here and there. Usually from bonging it.

I get most of my inspiration from doodling while in trance states. I then edit and spiff up the images, making it look "finished". :yes:

Stuff I see in dmt trance states are cool but not always compelling. Art is hard work to really get it down and I like to expend my precious, precious time on art that makes my spine shiver. :P

Get a load of art stuff, (Chalks, paints, pencils etc)

Then just chill and practise, It comes slowly, find what media you enjoy to work with, and then start working with that. Keep at it.

I count myself as an artist.

Howdy people,

I'm not much of an artist and as much as it really interests me i've never had the desire to start drawing myself, however...

The other night me and my best buddy took a special tryptamine, DMT.

Ever since i've had this mad desire to put what i seen behind my eyes onto paper!

I was just wondering if art is one of them things that comes naturally or can it just come with practice?

Stupid question i know but those that have smoked DMT in large doses would kinda know how im feeling about this matter and i havent been able to get these visions out of my mind since! Not that i want to forget them of course :P

Any advice on how to start my interest off would be gratefully appreciated

LSD :yes:

PS, I know this may not relate directly to cannabis i just wouldn't want to ask for advice elsewhere.

I hven't done DMT, but I kept getting 'images' and 'messages' when i did trippys.

I drew mine, and I also improvised the tools on photo editing software, as many of the images I got, were rows of things, matrices, geometric stuff.

As psychedelics are related to the subconscious, this needs an outlet, to develop conscoiusness. I can only assume this is moreso on DMT.

Although my art is abstract, ever so slowly, I am getting a stronger impression of what my subconscious is trying to tell me, when I trip.

I'm not there yet, but heres some of my stuff.

post-6120-1231890923_thumb.jpg

post-6120-1231890966_thumb.jpg

Yeah there was lots of colours, i think some of the colours i seen dont exist in reality unfortunately!

While at work i have been doodling and some of those could work as a draft but theyre only in biro. I think i will have a pen and paper sat next to me when i delve into the wonderful world of DMT again so i can make some drafts while its fresh in my head.

Unfortunately i have to wait until i can get the stuff to extract DMT which wont be until the end of the month :(

LSD lol

The good thing with art, is you can capture, or create an impression of, unconceivable things, by portraying thier character.

Being good doesnt come into it, its getting it out, even if the first results don't correspond, the space made in your consciousness, from getting the first expressions out, creates more space for the subconscious to reveal more.

I'm still learning.

Sadly, I haven't done any art for ages.

I did most my art when I consumed more drugs.

That dosen't mean I value it any less, but the stoppage of work, seems to co-incide with when I stopped taking speed.

Speed stopped me toking so much.

I stopped a good while ago now, and cut back before then, so I am expecting motivation to come to me, without drugs.

Not that I diss drugs, as they have been good tools (acid shrooms ganj chems) but I wanna get to say I can 'ride solo' and still produce profundities.

Edited by emdeema