grow tents kick ass

poly

Horses for courses, surely: I used to use a drobe but have switched over to a tent because I'm now growing in a converted loft storage space next to a boiler, where there'd be absolutely no chance of getting a drobe, and I need the thing to disappear after use - and, since harvesting a few weeks ago, it's as if no cannabis was ever grown in the place. I do have fond memories of my old growdrobe - 'The Gent' - though, which is now happily retired in the shed, storing tools and suchlike. :wub:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nice bump for a good topic :woot:

I can't stand tents - overpriced tat is right! And they're so damned obvious, no way any landlord would miss that! Give me a converted war-drobe any day. I am soooo glad I got rid of my tent and went down the war-drobe route. Easier to handle, no security issues; nope, you can keep your tents, I'm sticking with my war-drobes :)

to right just look good the enviro in em is terrible i have the same dr 240w but cant wait to collapse it and sort my cellar out again

lights are off fans on 50% temps 26.7c today, man am gonna struggle in the summer

p-o-p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i love my 1m2 budbox, great quality, no light leaks.

however, a note to anyone considering the tent option - you'll need to use acoustic ducting and box in your fan.....

• 4 weeks later...

I like tents, I've got 2 L bud boxes. Tents can get taken down and packed away in a flash, most tents appear to be made from synthetics. Synthetics wont rot or mold if your growing in a damp place.

I think I might know why lots of peoples zips break. When you skin your tent you need to make sure the material is pulled as far to the entrance as possible.

If the material is taught because the tent is effectively sitting on its own fabric then it will eventually either split the zip, bust the stitching or jam.

(I normally assemble my tents in their foot print and just build up. once it is assembled and zipped up I pick it up off the floor an inch of two and set it down. This seems to balance the skin into a unilateral tension)

If you find the zipper itself goes wrong, go down to your local habidashery or internets and buy yourself a clip on zipper.

Drobes sacrifice space and power vs tents which lack noise control and are a bit more tricky to customise. Both are good compromises if you can't build a grow room.

Oh just one last thing, a 1mx1m tray will fit in a Large Bud Box but needs to sit in slightly squint.

• 3 weeks later...

its called a diamond reflector, its not bad but its not great either, if you know what i mean :wassnnme:

anyway, they put a lot of heat down onto the tops of the plants so you need to keep it a good bit away from them

& have decent ventilation, so if your growing in a tent, you need to watch your heights when you flip from veg to flowering,

otherwise the plants might get burnt a bit before theyre ready for the chop :wink:

also reports of an uneven light spread, cant say myself tho as ive never tried one.

Edited by Joint hogger

• 3 months later...

Thinking of making a 3m x 1.4 m tent outer roofing battern and mylar .

Should work out cheaper and can be made to what size u want.

GG

• 4 weeks later...

the only the cops would spot it is if the tent was near a window acting like a light house every time you opened the door flap

or if you had a room/attic/garage full of them & had poor insulation, then it would become a problem :wassnnme:

most folk actually get grassed in by someone they've told or have poor/none decent ventilation with a good carbon filter.

• 1 month later...

how's the best way to put the fan & the carbon filter in the small grow tent ? as assuming the fan/filter will make less noise if the fan suck aire threw filter rather than pushing it threw ? have ordered acostic ducting to see if that cuts down noise ? 2'x2'x5'