My Grow Rooms

MU

hi folks,

i thought it was about time i posted some information about my own growing as ive been posting here a little while now, and i guess no-one knows what im up to here in timepiece-land :( (switzerland)

i have been growing for around a year now, but as i live by myself, and work from home, i can grow full time effectively.

i have a 2 double-bedroom'ed apartment, so one of the double-bedrooms is my indoor growroom wherein are 2 grow boxes.

throughtout the summer, i have been using both boxes for flowering but during the rest of the year one grow box is a 24/0 veg+mothers box, and the other box is perm on 12/12 and is my flowering room.

my veg box is 1m sq.

my flower box is 1.5m sq.

both are fully wrapped and light sealed with plastic (white on the inside, black on the outside).

i have also used my veg+mother box as a hydro box for one grow, where i used drippers and rockwool slabs - i intend to do a lot more with hydro...

i have plenty of pics... so heres the flowering box (1.5m sq)

inside the flowering box is 1 600W HPS lamp. the box has a high-power extractor-fan on the top of the box (sucks air out of the box), and there is a discreet whole for air intake at the back of the box (light protected).

i will show you the veg box in the next post.

thanks for taking an interest in my grow room ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MU

• Sal

• BushDoctoR

• blacKdeath

Top Posters In This Topic

couldnt find a picture of my veg box from the outside, so i will show you one of the inside... its slightly smaller than my flower box as i dont need so much space in there for rearing clones, mothers, etc...

this picture is an old one, and was taken just after i had setup the hydro - it is only part hydro as you can see (the box that is), 2/3 are hydro, 1/2 space for soil plants... the hydro was my first attempt, and was only for me to learn the basics.

theres another 600W HPS lamp in my veg box.

i'll talk more about my chems and other stuff after i show you a few pics...

inside the veg box

watch this space - more to follow shortly :(

Edited by UkExpat

i found one - a picture of the veg box from outside (the flower box behind me)

grow box from the outside...

contains 600W HPS, air extractor, etc... temps never exceed 90, even in the summer, because i only run this box at night in the summer (cant have 2 600W HPS running at the same time during the day!!!! would be too hot!!!)

Edited by UkExpat

i do my cloning in the kitchen, because that window never gets direct sunlight... ideal for clones.

do my clones in rockwool, then to small pots in soil, etc... or into rockwool slabs if doing hydro.

now for my outdoor efforts - which is where i have been keeping mommies this year... and no doubt how i managed to introduce thrips into my indoor grow boxes (from the outside)

i broke a cardinal rule of gardening - never mix indoor and outdoor plants.... suffered the consequences with thrips which did hit my last few plants quite hard.

anyway, i have two balconies.

i live on the top of a 3 story apartment block in zurich, and my balcony is pretty private.

about 4 different neighbours can see one balcony. the other is totally private. both are FULL of plants :D

you may notice a lot of the plants are short and never go higher than the balcony barrier. i am training everything DOWN DOWN DOWN to keep it low profile as possible... they call this LST on the yankie sites. Supercropping in tthe UK???

heres a pic ( i had to stand on a chair to take it looking down birds eye view - i must have looked a right wally :ghost:

supplies...

i havent really experimented a great deal with different foods... i generally do the following:

veg:

canna veg through veg period, sometimes may add a splash of h2o2 to give the roots a little extra O as a treat (dont do this often, in soil...)

flower:

week 1 - still full veg ferts + a Flower Stimulator

week 2 - still full veg ferts + a Flower Stimulator

week 3 - canna flores + flower stim

week 4 - canna flores + flower stim

week 5,6 - some german stuff which has an NPK of 1.5-13-14, which is better than canna flores and ideal for the last couple of feeds in flower

week 7 - flush - 4x amount of pot size

week 8 - harvest

or adjust if necessary for non 8 weekers

other things i use... clonex for cloning. ph down, as my water is 7.5. h2o2 3%. ph tester. ec meter. numerous timers, all the usual bollocks.

if anyone sees me doing anything wrong, or has any suggestions, please be my guest... educate me!! :ghost:

Edited by UkExpat

and i will end with a lil humour or evil sadism, depending on your point of view...

look at this big bastard - he was really stressed out and going nuts when he got into my flat... figured he needed some calming down :ghost:

and in no time at all, we were toking buddies :ghost:

well, thats my setup.

gonna be changing my smaller box over to a veg/mother box in a few weeks time, and planning to do a big hydro grow in my other box when all my current grows are finished.

Edited by UkExpat

Nice setup. Discourages visitors too I bet. :ninja:

Shame about the thrips but I can understand why the temptation to make the best use of both your space and the more relaxed Swiss attitude makes you keen to keep the mothers outside.

Just a thought, would something like 'Buzz-Off' be strong enough to use as a preventative measure on those outside plants? (You'd need to clear the infestation first of course).

Nice setup. Discourages visitors too I bet. :taz:

Shame about the thrips but I can understand why the temptation to make the best use of both your space and the more relaxed Swiss attitude makes you keen to keep the mothers outside.

Just a thought, would something like 'Buzz-Off' be strong enough to use as a preventative measure on those outside plants? (You'd need to clear the infestation first of course).

hi bush...thanks mate, i will be taking pics of the contents of the indoor boxes this weekend too and posting them here... its a bit of a mad grow actually because i am flowering the mothers i had on the balconies in the boxes, so i am flowering big muthas... its fun...

hi labrat

thanks for taking a peak at my thread.. you raise an excellent point about preventative care regarding thrips.

its something i havent got to the bottom of yet.

my situation is that i am flowering outdoor mothers indoors, and they obviously had thrips which have been brought indoors, and with no predators or mother nature to look after the situation the thrips got bad (particularly on the b52 - a real super skunky plant).

because as you said i am effectively using the outdoors as my vegging area through the summer, and bringing the plants indoors to flower when they are ready, what i plan to do for the next plants i bring indoors, is spray them thoroughly with a human-ok pesticide.

the problem i have right now, is, both the grow shops i use are closed for a few weeks holdays (gotta love the laid back european tomorrow mentality :taz: , so i have had to use the diazinon (yuck) i got from the garden centre until i get a better alternative.

ouch... long post... sorry if i rambled on :taz:

i just thought, i should really elaborate on what i am doing in my two indoor grow boxes right now.

ive been growing mothers outdoors (balconies) throughout this year which i have been using to practice cloning and training on.

these mothers have obviously become rather large, and i have used different traiining techniques on them so that i can learn.

so, both boxes are on 12/12, one through the day, the other on at night - easier temp management

in the boxes, i have flowering"

b52 x 1 - already had this in previous harvests - great skunky smoke..not super strong, but a great smoke all the same - this is SK 1 x Big Bud daddy - so its a big bud sk 1

great white shark x 1 - great stone - strong indica... very relaxing - distinct smell

sheherezade x 2 - really strong sativa high. ground buds smell like strong PETTROL.!! the smell alone could knock you out... lovely

power plant - need i say more?

white pearl - an unknown from a small breeder - cheap seeds bought from my local head shop.. nice smoke. indica couch lock effect

all these plants are were vegged and mothered for 3+ months, so im having a right old laff training and bending them in the grow boxes to maximise the lighting

im learning so much my brain might explode :taz:

(wouldnt be a big explosion :taz:

cheers all .... UKE

Edited by UkExpat

wow , what can i say , you sure are lucky in zurich.

i'd love to be able to keep a close eye on my outdoor ladies like you can , it must make such a difference to the quality of your smoke.

sometimes it feels like were on the brink of cracking prohibition over here , or at least making a little headway; but having read your thread about the situation with the old bill over there and seeing what you can get away with, it seems like we could be growing and smoking for a long time yet before any significant changes in the law come about in Britain.

respect to you and your garden

peace

c f