The Atheism Thread

Guest roger

where do you stand?  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

are we operating on faith a little bit when believing that existance is real?

Its a bit of a cliche but how do we know that anything is true? Science and before that religion enables us to make sense of something as we percieve it, we may well be percieving it all wrong anyway though.

thats a damn good question, you just blew both science and religion out of the water ...that's like a 500 yard drive into a hole in one ..whatever it is your doing solar keep doing it

there is no god

prove it

Edited by weed_G

are we operating on faith a little bit when believing that existance is real?

Its a bit of a cliche but how do we know that anything is true? Science and before that religion enables us to make sense of something as we percieve it, we may well be percieving it all wrong anyway though.

thats a damn good question, you just blew both science and religion out of the water ...that's like a 500 yard drive into a hole in one ..whatever it is your doing solar keep doing it

there is no god

prove it

Do you really think that solar's post blows science out of the water. If so you are a pathetic lame brain. I take it that you've never heard of existentialism?

I think therefor I am. You don't, therefor you're nothing.

that sentiment has spawned more war and genocide than I'v had hot dinners ...you will be happy to know you fulfill the atheist stereotype perfectly

Edited by weed_G

I think therefor I am. You don't, therefor you're nothing.

that sentiment has spawned more war and genocide than I'v had hot dinners ...you will be happy to know you fulfill the atheist stereotype perfectly

Compliments, compliments, so kind, so kind. I've always aspired to being an atheist stereotype. Good breeding prevents me from defining yours.

Descartes admitted he was a ponce.

Descarte also "proved " that god exists.

He also 'proved' that santa exists, and the tooth fairy. Oh and leprechauns and elves.

Atheism is the other side of the coin to theism, it's like saying you know one way or the other and none of us can ever know. The smart money sits on the edge of the coin.

Atheism is the other side of the coin to theism, it's like saying you know one way or the other and none of us can ever know. The smart money sits on the edge of the coin.

In other words, jam a coin up your crack and you'll be alright.

Edited by Laramie

just to add, i believe science also has limits, science can only explain HOW things work. but can NEVER explain why, and good scientists wouldn't claim this

"and good scientists wouldn't claim this" ^^

The driving question in science, particularly maths is why

we seek to understand the how in order propose a why

no, science can only prove how, never why. you can say, like poles repel, opposite attracts, you can't say WHY though, you can determine what the laws are and how they act, you can't determine WHY the laws are as they are.